RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Yo, Iziane destroy Dynamo Moscow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/06/05 12:39 pm    ::: Yo, Iziane destroy Dynamo Moscow Reply Reply with quote

After pulling a forth quarter miracle and defeating first place Samara last week, Dynamo Moscow lost at home to third place UMMC Ekaterinburg and fell behind Samara again in the standings.
Internationals Yolanda Griffith and Iziane Marques led Ekaterinburg, scoring 56 of their 70 points. Yo had a monster game, scoring 30 points (65% from the floor) and pulling down 20 rebounds. Iziane had 26 points. Sue Bird led Dynamo with 17 points, Supernova (not so super) had 11 points and 9 rebounds. Kamila Vodichkova had 10 points and 15 rebounds.

There's no doubt the Russian League has 3 out of the best 5 teams in Europe, but that's the thing. Those are the only good teams...
I'm glad and surprised with Iziane's performances. I would think she would have a hard time adjusting to the Russians half-court set, not to mention the winter there. She's from the Brazilian northeast where winter simply doesn't exist and when temperature drops below 30 degrees Celsius, people are sleeping under covers. I believe Yo is gonna pitch her name to coach Whiz, seems like they are nice inside-outside combo.

PostPosted: 02/06/05 1:22 pm    ::: Re: Yo, Iziane destroy Dynamo Moscow Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I'm glad and surprised with Iziane's performances. I would think she would have a hard time adjusting to the Russians half-court set, not to mention the winter there. She's from the Brazilian northeast where winter simply doesn't exist and when temperature drops below 30 degrees Celsius, people are sleeping under covers. I believe Yo is gonna pitch her name to coach Whiz, seems like they are nice inside-outside combo.

so long as someone taps her talent. but yeah, it might be fun seeing her play for sacto.

PostPosted: 02/06/05 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bibb, I'm listening to "Ladies Night" and looking at your avatar. It's dancing to the music!

PostPosted: 02/06/05 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anything to promote music!

PostPosted: 02/06/05 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. As for Izzy, let's see, I think some W team will give her a chance.

PostPosted: 02/06/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but she's still "owned" by phoenix, right?

PostPosted: 02/06/05 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, they waived her last year, so I don't think they have her rights.
She's a UFA.

Last edited by BCBG25 on 02/06/05 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 02/06/05 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. i missed that. but i guess if she wasn't coming to the states to play, why hold on?

y'know . . . i wouldn't mind her being in new york. she could generate some buzz. she and the baby could be the new playmakers, or trade off. plus, it'd be nice to see a few brasilian flags draped about the garden.

PostPosted: 02/06/05 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
wow. i missed that. but i guess if she wasn't coming to the states to play, why hold on?

y'know . . . i wouldn't mind her being in new york. she could generate some buzz. she and the baby could be the new playmakers, or trade off. plus, it'd be nice to see a few brasilian flags draped about the garden.

Izzy did come to Phoenix last season, she was one of the last players cut. I believe it was lack of defense that did her in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: