RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Finals in Italy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 04/27/08 6:55 am    ::: Finals in Italy Reply Reply with quote

Schio gained the upper hand in its best-of-five championship series by posting a 15-point win at Napoli on Saturday. Laura Macchi's 21 points led Schio, with Bethany Donaphin adding 15 points and nine rebounds. Kedra Holland-Corn scored 21 for Napoli.

Famila Wuber Schio 74, Phard Napoli 59
NAP: Holland-Corn 21, Cirone 13, Ndiaye 11 (Barnes 2)
SCH: Macchi 21, Donaphin 15, Ngoyisa 12 (Masciadri 10, Ress 2)

Finals Schedule:

Game 2 -- Thursday, May 1 at Schio
Game 3 -- Saturday, May 3 at Schio
Game 4 -- Tuesday, May 6 at Napoli (if necessary)
Game 5 -- Friday, May 9 at Schio (if necessary)

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/01/08 4:32 pm    ::: Finals in Italy Reply Reply with quote

Schio gained a 2-0 hammerlock on the series by routing Napoli on Thursday. Bernadette Ngoyisa's 17 points led the hosts, who shot 57 percent and enjoyed a 38-20 rebounding edge. Kedra Holland-Corn paced Napoli with 24 points, while Astou Ndiaye added 20.

Famila Wuber Schio 86, Phard Napoli 67
SCH: Ngoyisa 17, Macchi 15, Moro 14, Sanchez 14 (Masciadri 7, Donaphin 4, Ress 2)
NAP: Holland-Corn 24, Ndiaye 20, Cirone 7 (Barnes 4)
(Famila Wuber Schio leads series, 2-0)

PRballer

PostPosted: 05/01/08 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey there, is Bernadette coming over to the W this summer?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/01/08 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

From what I hear, yes. She's on the Sky's training camp roster, as well.

Oddly enough they need her significantly less now than the last time she came over. Melvin, Fowles and hopefully a healthy Christensen make Bernie much less necessary.

Chip

PostPosted: 05/01/08 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never understood why she left the Shock so soon.......Still has it

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/01/08 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chip wrote:
Never understood why she left the Shock so soon.......Still has it

What does Sheryl Lee Ralph have to do with the WNBA? Very Happy

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/03/08 3:40 pm    ::: Finals in Italy Reply Reply with quote

Schio won its third LegA title in four years by completing the sweep of defending champ Napoli on Saturday. Finals MVP Laura Macchi scored 21 points with six assists for the hosts, who overcame a 33-27 halftime deficit. Kedra Holland-Corn's 17 points led Napoli.

Famila Wuber Schio 78, Phard Napoli 65
SCH: Macchi 21, Masciadri 15, Moro 10 (Donaphin 9, Ress 8, Ngoyisa 4)
NAP: Holland-Corn 17, Horasan 12, Mauriello 11, Ndiaye 11 (Barnes 9)
(Famila Wuber Schio wins series, 3-0)

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/03/08 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Oddly enough they need her significantly less now than the last time she came over. Melvin, Fowles and hopefully a healthy Christensen make Bernie much less necessary.

Yep. Bernie is coming over. She will definitely have to battle for a roster spot, but at least she is actually coming back. But yeah, the need for her isn't high. However, I wish former Sky-draftee Laura Macchi would come along with her Famila teammate. We could definitely use Laura. I never understood why she never came over.

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Yep. Bernie is coming over. She will definitely have to battle for a roster spot, but at least she is actually coming back. But yeah, the need for her isn't high. However, I wish former Sky-draftee Laura Macchi would come along with her Famila teammate. We could definitely use Laura. I never understood why she never came over.

Y'know, I looked up Ngoyisa's numbers after I posted that the other day and was shocked at just how good they were. Obviously that Sky team was abysmal, but her individual numbers that year were actually pretty impressive while she was there. As a fourth (or even fifth) post option she'd probably be considerably better than most teams have at that spot in their rotation.

bullsky

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Orange][Krush wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Y'know, I looked up Ngoyisa's numbers after I posted that the other day and was shocked at just how good they were. Obviously that Sky team was abysmal, but her individual numbers that year were actually pretty impressive while she was there. As a fourth (or even fifth) post option she'd probably be considerably better than most teams have at that spot in their rotation.

Yeah. Some Sky fans aren't big fans of hers, but I always thought she was an okay option. I'm really shocked she's coming back though. She didn't like her first year in Chicago, from what I've heard. Dave Cownes annoyed the hell out of her. But I'm glad she's at least going to get a second chance.

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was Key with the team in year one? If so, perhaps she had a positive experience with him.

Adding Bernie would certainly create a powerful post contingent for the Sky. They will have bodies that will allow Fowles to play aggressively. Melvin, Dupree, Fowles, Bernie, and Christensen sounds pretty damned good to me, especially since Bernie really brings some size and some bulk. To me, the onus heads to Melvin and Dupree to really show this group the way becoming true leaders and accepting roles, no matter how big or small. Also, those are the two most likely to use the jump shot to extend out of the lane, something that isn't the best skill from this collection of players.

PostPosted: 05/03/08 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Key has been here since day one, and he used to live and coach in Europe, so he probably can communicate with her better, since she only speaks French.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: