RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sparks Win! Sparks Win!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/30/05 10:03 am    ::: Sparks Win! Sparks Win! Reply Reply with quote

Continuing their winning ways, the Farmington CT 4th Grade Sparks put another notch in the victory column with it's second consecutive 20 point victory. Cool

"We're going to start being compared to the Phoenix Suns" said Coach dts, "we're outscoring everybody, but not stopping anybody on D! For a bunch of 4th grade girls, they sure don't talk to each other on the court!"

Dani led the team with 24 points, to go with a half dozen steals and rebounds. Smile Almost all of her points were on putbacks or layups. The "high screen" offense run by the Sparks was brutally effective, with one of the returning players from last year, who has been more offensive than offensive-minded tossing in at least 10 points. Everyone on the Sparks scored for the second consecutive game.

Next week a crucial snow-make up "Double header" against the one team that has between the Sparks will be played, with two games being played back to back Shocked , Luckily, both teams have ten players on their squads and they are only 9 years old, so they should survive this test of endurance, much better than the coach!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/30/05 11:39 am    ::: Re: Sparks Win! Sparks Win! Reply Reply with quote

WOW!

Nice shooting Dani!

Congratulations, Coach!

stever

PostPosted: 01/30/05 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

congrats!...does the coach get a nap between games of a doubleheader?

8^)

http://shesgotgame.blogspot.com/

Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 01/30/05 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lol

gumption72

PostPosted: 01/30/05 9:52 pm    ::: Re: Sparks Win! Sparks Win! Reply Reply with quote

Love the Sparks game analysis == keep 'em coming! I can see the headlines now... Dani, the dunking star of the Sun, shines on defense... This was soothing salve on this devestated Gopher girl's day. @#$*@# Penn State! Actually, we beat up on our own selves today. Crying or Very sad As most of the Big Ten teams seem to be doing on the road this year...

Anyway, I have some Lindsay stuff for ya. If you want it, there is a poster of her and her retired jersey banner. I also managed to grab some trading cards of our current Gopher team. Don't know if they were boxed for the garbage or to be sold, but they were sitting there so I grabbed them anyway. I would be happy to mail these to you if you want. email me at jennsleo@yahoo.com if you want to.

Saw Coach Thibault here in MN at the Lindsay jersey retirement == caught him at the food stand and chatted a bit. Very willing to talk. Very Happy Nice guy and seems quite down to earth, was laughingly worried about finding his seats. I was quite surprised to see him there and couldn't resist chiding him a little for taking our Lindsay, but thanking him for appreciating her more than any other team probably could and for providing me with the most entertaining basketball season ever -- okay, I am including my NBA and college seasons in with that being that the last WNBA season was really my first! Wink

Love the new Master Whalen pic. I know exactly the look he's giving. Only one of my dogs will give that look, and I know it well!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/31/05 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! Will email you, that's great! Mike T. is a very down to earth, nice guy. I like him a lot. He's got just enough swagger in him to get everyone to believe he can win, but not an overabundance of arrogance.

Stever, I don't get a nap, but I think I'm going to bring a bunch of high sugar content candy bars for the kids for in between games!

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/31/05 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dts,

I'd be a little cautious with candy bars. Sugar gives you a high, clearly, but when you use that high to play a sport, or other general things with high activity and persperation levels, you can use up all of that energy in a jiffy, and you go on a low.

Maybe this applies more to me now that I am older, and maybe the kids have more energy to tap into, but I know that my trainer wouldn't let us eat high sugar things on tournament days between matches (in volleyball you'll have 4, 5 of even 6 in one day) because the effects of the high aren't worth the low that follows. I would suggest things like nature's valley bars or granola bars, (maybe with chocolate chips in them to look like candy Laughing ) but generally just stuff that brings more natural energy.

Good luck. I've done the coaching of 4th graders before... whew! What an experience!

PostPosted: 01/31/05 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks alepp; I was mostly kidding about the sugar high.

We have 10 on our team, and the games are only 4 8 minute quarters, so they should be able to play the equivalent of one full game I would hope without "stimulants".

Just in case, I have asked my team trainer to find not only "The Clear" and "The Cream" but also "The Cola" and "The Candy Bar"! Laughing

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/31/05 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Just in case, I have asked my team trainer to find not only "The Clear" and "The Cream" but also "The Cola" and "The Candy Bar"!

Oh my...

It is so weird because I know people who have used/are using those, the steroid problem has grown well past professional sports. Scary.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: