RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Janeth Arcain Likes Not Having to Wear So Many Clothes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/31/05 4:19 pm    ::: Janeth Arcain Likes Not Having to Wear So Many Clothes Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Nothing Beats An Original

Q. Between Brazil and U.S., do you consider yourself one of the lucky ones who gets to experience summer all-year long.

J.A.: "In Brazil, the weather is obviously tropical and we don't normally have very cold weather. It can get chilly and you have to wear long sleeves sometimes, but yes, it's nice to be in a warm climate all year long. I think it's definitely better because I don't like cold weather. I like not having to wear so many clothes or layers and I like the beach. I don't live near the beach, though. I live in Sao Paolo, like 30 minutes from downtown Sao Paolo."

Q. How would you describe the country and the people for Americans who have never been to Brazil?

J.A.: "For people who want to come to Brazil, Rio di Janeiro is really the great city. We have great beaches and a great party there every year called Carneval in February. It is a week-long party and lots of tourists come. There is a lot to see there. Though when I go there, I feel like a tourist, too, sometimes. And Sao Paolo is like New York Everyone is busy and working."

Q.So when you were younger and first starting out with the Comets, what was the toughest adjustment living in a new place?

J.A.:"The language. Definitely learning English. No classes or tapes or anything. I would just pick up little things here and there that my teammates would say, what the coaches say, or by watching television and trying to figure out what they are saying. You ask people to talk slowly or repeat things a lot in the beginning. My vocabulary is still not so good, but I'm learning words a little bit at a time."

Q.Of all the places you've gotten to see and visit thanks to basketball, what has been your favorite?

"Wow, there are so many. A lot of places stand out between Europe, the United States and Asia. I don't have a special favorite place, but the United States is one place I'd like to get to know a little bit better. I really want to visit San Francisco sometime. Once I finish playing, I will have so much time to do the things I have wanted to do and see the places I have wanted to see."

http://www.wnba.com/voices/arcain_voices_050729.html

Next stop, Rio... Cool

San Francisco awaits you Janeth! Very Happy But since you like wearing not a lot of clothes, just be careful about when you go... right now it's the middle of summer and the city is mired in fog. Razz

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/31/05 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sometimes you can just look at the title of the thread to figure out who posted it. Rolling Eyes

Richard 77

PostPosted: 07/31/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Sometimes you can just look at the title of the thread to figure out who posted it. Rolling Eyes

So??? It's one of the best pictures of Janeth I've ever seen. Thanks A.N.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/01/05 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
So??? It's one of the best pictures of Janeth I've ever seen. Thanks A.N.

Thanks and you're welcome shyguy! Cool I've always liked Janeth... she's always funny in interviews too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: