RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wow, Safin defeats Federer!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/27/05 8:26 am    ::: Wow, Safin defeats Federer! Reply Reply with quote

When his head is in the game, he's probably the best out there.
Great, great, great game. 5 sets, great players, I hope Safin goes all the way now.

PostPosted: 01/27/05 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hewitt just saw a glimmer of hope Wink

Roddick and Safin can overpower him but they are erratic. Hewitt thrives on pressure and emotion and there'll be loads of that in the next couple of days. Should be interesting!

You might want to change the title header. There may be some grumpy American tennis viewers after you Wink

P.S Best grand slam for a long, long time - for both genders!
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/27/05 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm, if they're coming here for tennis news, that's their problem lol...
Yes, you're right about Hewitt thriving under pressure, especially against Roddick, but he's going to have to get past Roddick and his powerful serve first and he looked worn out against Nalbandian. I think Safin just did the impossible, but I would rather see him playing against Roddick, I think he has a better chance against him. I'm just glad he's in and Sharapova, or Maria Full of Grunts (good one), is out.

PostPosted: 01/27/05 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd never count out Hewitt. He's like the Energizer Bunny - he keeps on going on... and on... and on... and on... (you get the picture).

Poor Roger... I've just realised I rather fancy him Wink Maybe it's that European impassiveness. OTOH Marat is just an oaf.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/27/05 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Roger is a class act and has tons of talent. It was really a great match. Interesting to notice that his girlfriend, besides being his gf, is also his manager. Is that the definition of put your money where your mouth is? Wink
Marat is hot and stupid. He has to lose all that bling bling tho...

PostPosted: 01/27/05 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Partners and managerial duties don't mix - if/when you split relationship-wise, oh dear...

Good tactic by the girlfriend though Wink The claws are hooked in!

I did notice the bling bling. How can you play with all that shit dangling around your neck? I guess it worked for him tonight! Maybe the gleam distracted Roger on key points.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/27/05 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, interesting to notice the top 4 seeds made it to the semi-finals. Another day of getting up at 6:30 am for me tomorrow...I have to enjoy while I can, next week it's back to work, ugh.

PostPosted: 01/27/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marat has all of the physical tools to be the next Pete Sampras. However, the mental is... Sad I am proud that he was able to show how good he could be.

As for Roger...This guy has no weaknesses. He has a chance to be the best tennis player to ever walk the planet earth.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/27/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn...Marat, Hewitt, and Roddick are still alive? Three hotties to choose from! Smile

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/27/05 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Roger is a class act and has tons of talent. It was really a great match. Interesting to notice that his girlfriend, besides being his gf, is also his manager. Is that the definition of put your money where your mouth is? Wink
Marat is hot and stupid. He has to lose all that bling bling tho...

Everybody Loves Marat... lol

Well on the flip side, at least Roger doesn't have to pay for a separate manager who he doesn't know and may not be very good at numbers. Confused

But from what I can tell, I think her figures are well-rounded Wink

BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/27/05 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Federer is just unbelievable, but I believe his right arm bothered him today, he had a physical therapist give him massages while Safin was in the bathroom lol
I like Safin because I don't and I can't like icebergs like Federer (and Sampras before him), but you have to admire someone that good. He has so many different weapons and strokes, perfection, for sure, he can do anything and everything.
But as I said, Safin is hotter Wink

PostPosted: 01/27/05 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not grumpy! Wink But yes, a result once again given before the match was up here. Right now they're in the second set, Safin up 5 to 3. To me, it's just like someone telling you how a book or movie ends while you're in the middle of it, there's no longer any point in finishing it. To that end, yeah it kinda sucks. Guess I just need to stop coming here to check on b-ball info (not Tennis BCBG, lol) while watching the matches. I just had to though, because this whole Swoopes thing has really piqued my curiosity and I wanted to see if there was anything new. If only I could see her in a Libs jersey, but alas, that aint gonna happen!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: