RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What is up with Katie Smith?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 07/30/05 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SMS is more than welcome to give Kristi back to us. Kristi isn't flashy and she doesn't put up big numbers but she knows how to lead. I think she'd work very well with Diana.
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 07/30/05 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Lynx points differential
with Harrower on (21 min): +10
with Harrower off (19 min): -14

Right. I didn't see the New York game and couldn't see the San Antonio game, but in both games, the Lynx blew late ties by allowing opposing point guards to get open, either for drives (Hammon) or for three (Ivanyi). And when the momentum swung towards Phoenix last night, it was DeForge (previously scoreless) who hit open looks. Guess who always plays point for the Lynx in the last few minutes of a game?

With Harrower, you get a player who's shorter than almost anybody she guards, but who's usually able to stay in front of her. With Amber, you get a taller player who can be beat on defense, and often is.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 07/30/05 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
MNfan22 wrote:
The NET result of Svet's play for me goes beyond stats.

That's often said of players with unimpressive stats.

She inconsistently can put up all kinds of stats in a variety of categories. If its putting up consistent numbers of any kind that make a player impressive then ok but she's not alone.

pilight wrote:
Abrosimova remains one of the league's most overrated players.

You've said this for a long time plight can you explain.
Is she overrated in that you think she shouldn't be starting ? Is it because coming out of college she was labeled as an all-star type player ?
I really am curious about your thoughts.

To me she's not a franchise player. Never has been, never will be. No big deal. She for a short time can look like an all-star but is too inconsistent to be one. She is what she is. A complementary player with a bunch of skills.

Is she as good as she's ever going to get ? I'd really like to think not. With some focus & more patients which are things she can develop I think would help her. Yes health can play a part. Might not mean much for other teams but she is the inner "fire" here. And hate to say, with another team that is more opportunistic then this one right now she could make a nice contribution.

Last edited by MNfan22 on 07/30/05 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 07/30/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Abrosimova remains one of the league's most overrated players.

You've said this for a long time plight can you explain.
Is she overrated in that you thing she shouldn't be starting ? Is it because coming out of college she was labeled as an all-star type player ?
I really am curious about your thoughts.

Every time she has a good game, which isn't that often, there are outcries of Svet is great, she does things that don't show in the stats, she should be an All-Star, and the like. I know alot of it is ex-Huskie love, but it's really silly.

Now, if you want a SF to pass well and play defense then Lassiter is the superior choice. If you want a SF that will have a 20 point game or two interspersed among a bunch of 0-4 point games, Abrosimova is better. Neither is a player that should be starting for a team that has playoff aspirations.

PostPosted: 07/30/05 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Now, if you want a SF to pass well and play defense then Lassiter is the superior choice. If you want a SF that will have a 20 point game or two interspersed among a bunch of 0-4 point games, Abrosimova is better. Neither is a player that should be starting for a team that has playoff aspirations.

Depends what you mean by "should." And by "aspirations." The Lynx absolutely cannot do without Svet right now, for emotional-psychological reasopns-- she has to start: nobody else demands the basketball. Would it were otherwise.

Lassiter is a superb defender but I haven't been sold on her passing or ballhandling here.(I never watched her in Seattle.)

MNfan22

PostPosted: 07/30/05 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Every time she has a good game, which isn't that often, there are outcries of Svet is great, she does things that don't show in the stats, she should be an All-Star, and the like. I know alot of it is ex-Huskie love, but it's really silly.

Ok fair enough. I dont suffer from huskie love, ha.
For me, the simple fact that she will be aggressive, (which can get her in trouble & a seat on the bench) makes her valuable here. Like AC said. Girl friend wants the ball. Oddly enough other then maybe V no one else seem to want it. So for this supposed play-off team that should really scare you Laughing

I will say in my obervasion, the Lassiter that is supposed to pass well has not been seen since she has been in MN. She is one of the last people I want w/the ball in her hand making decisions. Nor has she shown any real ability to get people the ball. Could be her role here but that hasn't been a bright spot of her gm that I've seen.
Her D is not what it used to be to me for some reason. As a matter of fact it's part of the reason for her low PT at times.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/30/05 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
The Lynx absolutely cannot do without Svet right now, for emotional-psychological reasopns-- she has to start: nobody else demands the basketball. Would it were otherwise.

Having a 37% shooter (38% for her career) demanding the basketball isn't a good thing. It's the kind of thing that loses 4 out of 5 when you have a stretch with four home games and a visit to the SASS.

PostPosted: 07/30/05 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Having a 37% shooter (38% for her career) demanding the basketball isn't a good thing. It's the kind of thing that loses 4 out of 5 when you have a stretch with four home games and a visit to the SASS.

Svet didn't play in the loss to Connecticut, and that was the worst loss of them all, the only one in which the Lynx were never really in it. Relying on Svet is not a good idea, but right now the Lynx don't have much choice.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/30/05 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Svet didn't play in the loss to Connecticut, and that was the worst loss of them all, the only one in which the Lynx were never really in it. Relying on Svet is not a good idea, but right now the Lynx don't have much choice.

That puts us back to "the Lynx are done for the year". If there are deals to be done, I predict the Lynx will be selling rather than buying.

PostPosted: 07/30/05 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Having a 37% shooter (38% for her career) demanding the basketball isn't a good thing....

It ain't all a bad thing either. And that's the scary part w/this team. Somebody has to. AC I don't know if the team relys on her to me its just the way she plays. She's not a ballhog or selfish player just one who is willing to take risk where many of her teammates don't seem to have the guts to.

pilight wrote:
... It's the kind of thing that loses 4 out of 5 when you have a stretch with four home games and a visit to the SASS.

Not in this caae. Along w/the coaching staff & 10 other players the blame for this stretch & the season to this point spreads long & far.

pilight wrote:
That puts us back to "the Lynx are done for the year". If there are deals to be done, I predict the Lynx will be selling rather than buying.

Only if the deal is for the future. Which would lead me to them not making a move. No deal I see is going to get them any deeper in the play-offs this season if they even make it. So may as well wait for the Chitown draft to see if they lose anyone & then see what the ping pong balls hold.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: