RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers / Cappie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/24/05 1:03 pm    ::: Rutgers / Cappie Reply Reply with quote

Last night was the 4th or 5th RU game I've seen, and I'm a little puzzled by what CVS does sometimes.

It seems they don't know who the goto should be right now, and Cappie seems to alternate between tentative to shoot/attack or overzealous in chucking up shots.

There is a great deal of talent, but when in trouble, both against OSU and ND I saw this, they haven't been making in game adjustments to turn the tide, and as mentioned, don't seem to know where to go for the big bucket.

I know a lot here like CVS, but last night Muffet outcoached CVS in my opinion. The attacking zone she went to in the 2nd half totally changed the game, and RU couldn't adjust. They just went back to last year's attempts at thug ball in the paint.

I know they're still coming together and will be dangerous, but I'm surprised at the lack of in game adjustments.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/24/05 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen Rutgers play a couple of times and CVS' offense is just bizarre. I think Cappie is a great talent but CVS' system doesn't really suit her.
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/24/05 6:48 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers / Cappie Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Last night was the 4th or 5th RU game I've seen, and I'm a little puzzled by what CVS does sometimes.

It seems they don't know who the goto should be right now, and Cappie seems to alternate between tentative to shoot/attack or overzealous in chucking up shots.

There is a great deal of talent, but when in trouble, both against OSU and ND I saw this, they haven't been making in game adjustments to turn the tide, and as mentioned, don't seem to know where to go for the big bucket.

I know a lot here like CVS, but last night Muffet outcoached CVS in my opinion. The attacking zone she went to in the 2nd half totally changed the game, and RU couldn't adjust. They just went back to last year's attempts at thug ball in the paint.

I know they're still coming together and will be dangerous, but I'm surprised at the lack of in game adjustments.

Can Cappie shoot from the outside? I have watched her a few times, and she is nothing short of a wizard when slashing to the hole, every time I've watched her, she seems to shoot terrible from the outside. I too, have never understood what the offense was trying to accomplish, it reminds me of Tennessee earlier in the year, I would watch an entire game, and would walk out, having no clue what the offensive plan was.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/24/05 6:55 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers / Cappie Reply Reply with quote

Cappie can shoot from the outside - she was 40/105 from beyond the arc last season (38%). I think her jumper is inconsistent.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/24/05 7:42 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers / Cappie Reply Reply with quote

In my opinion, Rutgers concentrates too much on defense. It's great if you can hold an opponent under 60 ppg, but you also have to score above that yourself. Rutgers lacks a pure outside shooter. They need to get one or two shooting guards that will take the pressure off Matee, Essence, etc. as they slash to the basket.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:31 pm    ::: Re: Rutgers / Cappie Reply Reply with quote

Cappie had 27 points including 4/6 three pointers against BC tonight.
Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 01/27/05 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah...And shes not 100%...lol Says her coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: