RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2006 WNBA Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barryi22

PostPosted: 07/28/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="pilight"][quote="CamrnCrz1974"]I think Kate Starbird is a closer comparison.[/quote]

I was actually thinking that Augustis reminds me of Starbird a little. She's a little bigger and has less range, but she strikes me kind of the same way.[/quote]

I think that when Starbird was playing in college she was a little better all around than Augustus. Augustus has one of the best midrange jumpers I've ever seen, but she isn't a great defender and I don't think she is quite as good as Starbird was in her day

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/28/05 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you think it would be too risky for Chicago to go after Polk in the draft if Pondexter and Young are gone by the time it comes around? They could use a post since solid posts come very rare in expansion drafts.

barryi22

PostPosted: 07/28/05 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Streaks"]Do you think it would be too risky for Chicago to go after Polk in the draft if Pondexter and Young are gone by the time it comes around? They could use a post since solid posts come very rare in expansion drafts.[/quote]

I wouldn't take her over a player like Nikki Blue or Tamara James. If they could get a scoring machine or a solid guard, I think that would benefit them the most. Polk would be a very risky pick if she doesn't improve much next season.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 07/28/05 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I had the number one pick, I'd take Currie. She's the best all around player in the draft.

BTW, Tara Boothe of Xavier is a talented SG with good size who might make a roster.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/28/05 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boothe is a forward, not a shooting guard.

http://athletics.xu.edu/wbasketball/roster_details.cfm?ros_id=415

dukemayo

PostPosted: 07/29/05 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ann Strother is Iciss Tillis waiting to happen. That's about the extent of career she'll have.

Tillis is much more athletic than Strother and will still have a chance next year at 6-5. I think Kate Starbird is a closer comparison.

You know I wish Iciss Tillis well. I saw every home game she played and more over 4 years. While she certainly has many athletic abilities, I think she severely lacks a few, such as a quick first step or quick pivot move and whatever combination of strength and flexibility a baseball infielder uses to scoop up a ground ball. She seems kind of locked in the knees and lower back. 6-5 counts for a lot and she'll get a lot of looks because of that, but I'll be surprised I'm afraid, though pleasantly, if she's productive enough to stick in the league unless there's some super flexibility/movement training out there.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 07/29/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't see how you think Tillis has a better chance than Strother in this league. Tillis is 6' 5" which means she should be playing the 4/5 but she plays like a 3, which means she should guard the opposing 3. We all know that won't happen. At least Strother can guard her position, which I think is the major knock on Iciss' game because she is sound offensively.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: