RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Silver Stars @ Mystics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:03 pm    ::: Silver Stars @ Mystics Reply Reply with quote

WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- The Washington Mystics seek their first home win in nearly a month when they face the San Antonio Silver Stars on Thursday.

Since winning four straight at MCI Center, the Mystics have lost three of four here.

In the first half of a two-game homestand on Tuesday, Washington lost to Houston, 83-65. Alana Beard led four Mystics in double figures with 16 points but her club allowed 46 second-half points in falling to 5-6 at home.

The Silver Stars snapped a season high-tying five-game losing streak Tuesday with a 78-71 win over Minnesota. Katie Feenstra scored 16 points and Marie Ferdinand had all 14 of her points in the second half as San Antonio produced its best scoring output of the month.

LaToya Thomas scored 23 points and Ferdinand added 20 in the Silver Stars' 71-62 win over the Mystics on June 7. The victory snapped San Antonio's four-game losing streak in the series.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:06 pm    ::: Re: Silver Stars @ Mystics Reply Reply with quote

It was tough not to bet on Beard tonight, considering Marie's out... But looks like few felt like gambling on her anyways... only 3 in the Top 20 picked her Shocked

wadethered

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did I miss something??? Why is Marie out???

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Death in the family.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard with 14 already! Jeez. This could be a huge game for Alana.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/28/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like she's had enough of scoring 16 all the time Wink

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double technical on C. Smith-Taylor! Shocked

VandyWhit

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it was a double technical on CST and Pee-Wee -- that is, a tech for each of them.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beard with 25 points, 7 steals, and 6 assists so far. The 7 steals...ties her career high.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe all of Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil's bad karma has finally come around to hit the team.
threefrom60

PostPosted: 07/28/05 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to assume that Chantelle was benched in favor of Feenstra for the obvious reasons, and the stats definitely back that up. But was Chantelle really playing this ineffectively before? If they made the trade for her, giving up a first round pick that they had to assume would be pretty high, they must have expected more in return for her than 1 shot attempt and 4 rebounds in 12 minutes.

Someone else mentioned her being upset at not being a starter in Sactown. Is this a case of a player who's not mentally tough enough to handle a demotion like this? Some players come up really fired up. Others allow it to sink them deeper in to their inconsistancy hole.

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Beard with 25 points, 7 steals, and 6 assists so far. The 7 steals...ties her career high.

Great game for AB (from what I c on the stats).. she also had 0 turnovers Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dwalkfan22 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Great game for AB (from what I c on the stats).. she also had 0 turnovers Very Happy

???? I thought Beard was terrible and couldn't hit?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:15 pm    ::: Hey admiral! Reply Reply with quote

Hey Admiral! Was THIS game on CBS??????

Turn on, tune in, drop out!

~rAf

~rAf
dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

???? I thought Beard was terrible and couldn't hit?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Who would say such a thing?? Confused hahaha

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to assume that Chantelle was benched in favor of Feenstra for the obvious reasons, and the stats definitely back that up. But was Chantelle really playing this ineffectively before? If they made the trade for her, giving up a first round pick that they had to assume would be pretty high, they must have expected more in return for her than 1 shot attempt and 4 rebounds in 12 minutes.

Someone else mentioned her being upset at not being a starter in Sactown. Is this a case of a player who's not mentally tough enough to handle a demotion like this? Some players come up really fired up. Others allow it to sink them deeper in to their inconsistancy hole.

I really don't think you can make a case that Chantelle's stats in this game had anything to do with the fact that she came off the bench. If her head was screwed up over it, you'd expect bad shots, bad fouls, and no rebounding effort. She hit the only shot she took, had five rebounds in 20 minutes (which, for her, is good) and only had one foul.

Shot attempts are a little dicey to analyze without seeing the game. The question is whether the guards were getting the ball inside, and if not, why not. If she was passing up good shots, or if she wasn't posting up strong enough to convince the guards to send the ball inside, that's one thing. On the other hand, if other players were simply taking shots themselves instead of going inside, that's another. Fortunately, it's the coaches' job to figure that out -- not mine! Smile

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/28/05 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

I really don't think you can make a case that Chantelle's stats in this game had anything to do with the fact that she came off the bench. If her head was screwed up over it, you'd expect bad shots, bad fouls, and no rebounding effort. She hit the only shot she took, had five rebounds in 20 minutes (which, for her, is good) and only had one foul.

Shot attempts are a little dicey to analyze without seeing the game. The question is whether the guards were getting the ball inside, and if not, why not. If she was passing up good shots, or if she wasn't posting up strong enough to convince the guards to send the ball inside, that's one thing. On the other hand, if other players were simply taking shots themselves instead of going inside, that's another. Fortunately, it's the coaches' job to figure that out -- not mine! Smile

By looking at the stats without seeing the game, it would appear that the ball wasn't going inside enough. Washington is far from the strongest post team, yet Anderson took one shot and Feenstra had six. I would have liked to see them combine for 12-15. After watching Ely play in Indy last week, I can't believe she had any business taking as many shots as she did.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/28/05 9:04 pm    ::: Re: Silver Stars @ Mystics Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
It was tough not to bet on Beard tonight, considering Marie's out... But looks like few felt like gambling on her anyways... only 3 in the Top 20 picked her Shocked

I think that if more people knew that Marie was out, more would have taken Beard. It went on the NBATV news ~25 mins before tipoff that Marie wasn't going to play according to the ESPN board, and I didn't catch that post until later.. Confused Alana against Dalma? She's a PG... Shocked

Something must be up with Delisha... I expected her to have a big game also... Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: