RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Shawn Kemp Eying a Return to the NBA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/25/05 4:58 pm    ::: Shawn Kemp Eying a Return to the NBA Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Kemp's house is a five-minute drive from the park, tucked into a swanky neighborhood called Lakeside Parkway. There's a pool with a Jacuzzi and a waterfall in the backyard, four cars — the Dodge, a Hummer H2 with spinning rims, an Escalade EXT 300 and a Chrysler REMI — in the driveway, a bright red Vespa scooter in the garage and a pit bull puppy running around the house.

It's clear that, at 35, Kemp never has to work again. So why is he heading toward his "sweatbox" and closing the garage door?

"I'm going to play again,'' Kemp says, speaking in depth publicly for the first time since he retired two years ago after a 14-year NBA career.

SHAWN KEMP'S TAKE:

| On former teammates |

"I was blessed to play alongside a lot of good guys in my career in Seattle. If I had to pick one player outside of Gary Payton to ever play with again, it would be Detlef Schrempf. I always looked up to Detlef, and I took a lot from him."

| On NBA and NFL executive Bob Whitsitt |

"Bob Whitsitt is my guy, man. I love him to death. They can say what they want about Bob, but there's one thing for sure, he knows talent. And he's going to get talent. It's up to the players to figure out how good they want to be."

| On the current state of the NBA |

"To be honest with you, the game they're playing out there right now, until they get toward the playoffs, it's really not that exciting."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002398938_kemp24.html

Ah yes Detlef... Reminds me of the glory days of Seattle and Portland... Cool He used to be one of my favorite players.

Hope Kemp makes it... I still remember about 7 years ago when I won 2nd prize in one of the 1st large internet contests, which gave away "Shawn Kemp's Hummer". It was a dark green H1 wagon, I believe a '96 model, tricked out with everything before it was mainstream to do so. Razz

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I still remember about 7 years ago when I won 2nd prize in one of the 1st large internet contests,

geez, Admiral you`ve been a dork for a long time....

Did you ever have a life????????/

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You entered online by filling out a standard form (name, address, ph). But nice try BSBeatrice Razz

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
BSBeatrice

flattery will get you nowhere......even tho I consider it a compliment

with 50 years of practice, I`m the kind of Beatrice that give weenie boys like you nightmares

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ma'am, if I were stuck somewhere with you, there would be nothing but nightmares... Razz

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/25/05 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Ma'am, if I were stuck somewhere with you, there would be nothing but nightmares...

good, boy, as long as you know your place.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, and thank you for turning this thread into a yellow one. Again Idea

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Yes, and thank you for turning this thread into a yellow one. Again Idea

it`s just the nearness of you Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: