RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

EP is Back!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/24/05 7:41 pm    ::: EP is Back! Reply Reply with quote

Per transactions, Elaine Powell returned to active, Andrea Stinson placed on IR.

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 07/24/05 7:46 pm    ::: Re: EP is Back! Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Per transactions, Elaine Powell returned to active, Andrea Stinson placed on IR.

what`s hurt...her pride!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is anyone else totally and thoroughly disgusted that she would come back, and in her first game off suspension get T'd up for opening her mouth?

Obviously counseling was not a part of her time off was it? The girl should be bounced from the league before something happens.

peaceplease

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was wondering why she got T'd up. What happened?

PEACE
ripleydc

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else totally and thoroughly disgusted that she would come back, and in her first game off suspension get T'd up for opening her mouth?.... The girl should be bounced from the league before something happens.

Whoa! ...getting pretty radical on me there, dts. Wink

to the best of my knowledge, she has yet to apologize to Coco, her teammates sported her number on headbands, etc. as if she was somehow the *victim*, ShockFront Squarepants defended her and promotes the whole Bad Girls image of his team.

why should anybody be surprised that her first game back, it's business as usual? Sad Sad

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:
I was wondering why she got T'd up. What happened?

Just the usual mouthing to officials I believe.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
Whoa! ...getting pretty radical on me there, dts. Wink

to the best of my knowledge, she has yet to apologize to Coco, her teammates sported her number on headbands, etc. as if she was somehow the *victim*, ShockFront Squarepants defended her and promotes the whole Bad Girls image of his team.

why should anybody be surprised that her first game back, it's business as usual? Sad Sad

Hey, even I've gotta make a stand on some things ripley! Wink

Seriously, I am always very concerned about the image the league conveys, because it has enough working against it already that it doesn't need to be it's own enemy.

EP is just that IMO; an enemy of the league itself in a PR way. She is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing I noticed was that she was she was using her free hand/arm (usually the right) to swat at the defender...not just give them a nudge to keep them off, but a real swing. In all honesty, she might have always played her defenders that way and I didn't ever notice it before, so my bad if that is her norm.

I was wondering why Tweety had an "s" on her headband??? Now I know it was a "5"...makes so much more sense to me now.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms, I agreee with you 100 per cent! EP is a PR disaster waiting to happen...and the Detroit playes having her number on their headbands is a disgrace!

sambista

PostPosted: 07/25/05 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ShockFront Squarepants! lol!

you guys know i've been a big believer in sfo, because of the energy and excitement he brought to the league when he first arrived. but now that his team has headed south, true colors appear to have emerged, and i'm pretty disappointed. i seriously doubt we'll be seeing him on this board any time soon - he knows we'd grill him about ep, among other things. i actually wondered if it was him coming on as shockpr, but maybe not - he doesn't need to log in to read the board. anyway, i'd sure as hell like to be proved wrong, that he's not a fairweather participant, that he's bigger than that.

as for ep, i'm not gonna defend her, per se, but we should keep in mind that we're not as all-knowing as we'd like to believe we are. we may not be privy to what has happened behind the scenes. donna o may have talked with her one on one; may have insisted on counseling as a requirement to stay in the league; may have counseled her herself; may have read sfo the riot act; all or none of the above. we just don't know. for all we know, wearing the "5" could've been a statement of support for ep to "get better." that's a stretch, but you get my drift. so let's not assume that apologies/conversations/counseling/other sanctions have not occurred just because we didn't get the memo.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I couldn't believe she got a technical last night. It is only a matter of time before she loses it again.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

as for ep, i'm not gonna defend her, per se, but we should keep in mind that we're not as all-knowing as we'd like to believe we are. we may not be privy to what has happened behind the scenes. donna o may have talked with her one on one; may have insisted on counseling as a requirement to stay in the league; may have counseled her herself; may have read sfo the riot act; all or none of the above. we just don't know. for all we know, wearing the "5" could've been a statement of support for ep to "get better." that's a stretch, but you get my drift. so let's not assume that apologies/conversations/counseling/other sanctions have not occurred just because we didn't get the memo.

You're absolutely right bibb....but it still doesn't change the fact that in her first game back she couldn't control herself enough to go ONE GAME without a technical. Doesn't say much for whatever the league said/did to her.

sambista

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she is a puzzlement. i regret i didn't see the t.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
The thing I noticed was that she was she was using her free hand/arm (usually the right) to swat at the defender...not just give them a nudge to keep them off, but a real swing.

i think that's a detroit thing... at least, i see ruth doing it all the time.

PostPosted: 07/25/05 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

glad to see she hasn't lost a step during her "break". Rolling Eyes

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: