RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mathematically eliminated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:08 am    ::: Mathematically eliminated Reply Reply with quote

After careful consideration of the tie breaks, I see that the Sting have been mathematically eliminated from finishing first in the east.

They could finish ahead of the Sun but in order for that to happen Conn would have to lose to Indy three more times. Three more Indy wins would give them 16, the most that Charlotte could reach. The first tie break is conference record. Indy would have at least 12 conference wins if they beat the Sun three times, the most the Sting could have is 11.

Last edited by pilight on 07/25/05 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:13 am    ::: Re: Mathematically eliminated Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
After careful consideration of the tie breaks, I see that the Sting have been mathematically eliminated from finishing first in the west.

I could have told you that months ago Wink

Seriously though, you really do have a knack for stats that are "beyond the call of duty"
Sting fans will no doubt be devastated by this news.
Maybe once the front office reads this, they will finally pull the trigger on that firing, now that they have some facts to back themselves

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:14 am    ::: Re: Mathematically eliminated Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
After careful consideration of the tie breaks, I see that the Sting have been mathematically eliminated from finishing first in the west.

They were never in contention to finish first in the EAST, let alone the WEST. But I see what you're saying, bye bye Sting...

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:33 am    ::: Re: Mathematically eliminated Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Sting fans will no doubt be devastated by this news.
Maybe once the front office reads this, they will finally pull the trigger on that firing, now that they have some facts to back themselves

They still have a chance, albeit a slim one, of getting home advantage in the first round of the playoffs. Laughing

#NATC

PostPosted: 07/25/05 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe you should email that to Trudy Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: