Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smenko

PostPosted: 07/23/05 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Tweety!

gumption72

PostPosted: 07/23/05 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:

Sounds like Bill thinks that the refs are going to take the game from HIM. He straight up SAID it.

It's interesting finding out what actually goes on in his mind. Hopefully more than what comes out of his mouth. I'm enjoying listening to Anne and her assistant, who she allows to have serious input at crucial moments.

atlasshrugs

PostPosted: 07/23/05 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill was so annoying, I had to mute him. What was with the random "Wo-ho-ho's"?

kinkitola

PostPosted: 07/23/05 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Great game Cool

BTW, I think you can see Kinkitola right behind BL Shocked Exclamation She's wearing a white cap.

Kink? Shocked

maybe i have a twin i didn't know about.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

atlasshrugs wrote:
Bill was so annoying, I had to mute him. What was with the random "Wo-ho-ho's"?

Mahorn goosed him! Laughing

-Tamika Catchings
Sass

PostPosted: 07/23/05 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was sitting right next to the Shock bench, and I thought Bill was hilarious. I'm glad someone is giving the refs some grief. For chrissakes, Gulbeyan, Foutz and Courteau were on hand. Three of the worst pieces of shit in the league.

I have so much more fun stuff about the game, and about how the Shock almost beat the Storm (dammit, I was rooting for Det), but I'll wander on over to the game thread..............

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/23/05 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
I was sitting right next to the Shock bench, and I thought Bill was hilarious. I'm glad someone is giving the refs some grief. For chrissakes, Gulbeyan, Foutz and Courteau were on hand. Three of the worst pieces of shit in the league.

I have so much more fun stuff about the game, and about how the Shock almost beat the Storm (dammit, I was rooting for Det), but I'll wander on over to the game thread..............

I like June. She was sitting next to me on a flight last year, on the way to a college game in Illinois. She's really nice.
Meeting officials and finding out they're just people makes it hard to stay mad at them.
...but Roy was really pissing me off today!
I wanted the Shock to get that win!

$#*+!

Sass

PostPosted: 07/23/05 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Sass wrote:

I like June. She was sitting next to me on a flight last year, on the way to a college game in Illinois. She's really nice.
Meeting officials and finding out they're just people makes it hard to stay mad at them.
...but Roy was really pissing me off today!
I wanted the Shock to get that win!

$#*+!

She may be fucken mother Theresa, Slovy my dawg, but my dead grandmother could ref a better game than her.

I really wanted the Shock to get that win too, dammit. Evil or Very Mad

- Run-DMC
ageckogirl

PostPosted: 07/23/05 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are times when June is decent. Tonight it was the 3 musketeers!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/23/05 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:

She may be fucken mother Theresa, Slovy my dawg, but my dead grandmother could ref a better game than her.

I really wanted the Shock to get that win too, dammit. :evil:

LMAO!

SASS, that was priceless!

Will you be at the game next Sunday?

Sass

PostPosted: 07/23/05 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You mean 7/31 against LA?? Sho nuff! If you're gonna be thurr too, Ima drop dead. Very Happy Tell me you are!

- Run-DMC
inky

PostPosted: 07/23/05 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill Laimbeer's Body Language, a Primer

Situation: Bill Laimbeer's arms are outstretched, palms upward.
"I am yelling at a ref."

Situation: Bill Laimbeer's hands are jammed deeply into his pockets.
"I am yelling at one of my players.

Situation: Bill Laimbeer's hands are on his head.
"I am too stunned to yell."
+ + + +

Bill must have Buns of Steel. His ass is up and down out of his chair at least 50 times a half. Who needs a personal trainer when you can do glute-building squats on the job? [Answer to that Rhetorical Question: Rick Mahorn needs a personal trainer. You need to put them donuts down, sir, and invest some time on the treadmill. Perhaps you should also shy away from wearing bright gold dress shirts. All that money for a long, well made suit jacket to hide that sweet ol' pot belly, and you go and put a gold neon sign on it.]
+ + + +

Bill didn't shut up, and that's to be expected. He was in the refs' ears all afternoon long, but he always is. So what.

Two incidents bothered me, though. In the first half, the Storm were on offense, and little Betty Lennox was standing in front of him at the sideline with the ball. He leaned his big frame over hers and just shouted at her. Classless move.

Second, Sheila Lambert miraculously [Sue Bird. Sheila Lambert. Unfair matchup.] got open and drained a 3 right in front of Bill. He called her out for missing the play. I could hear every word from the other side of the court. I felt bad for Lambert. Half the team bitched at her at one time or another.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 07/23/05 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
You mean 7/31 against LA?? Sho nuff! If you're gonna be thurr too, Ima drop dead. :D Tell me you are!

I forgot the Shock was on the road today - I was talking about PHX at Detroit.

My bad.

You'd think I would have noticed the Shock were in blue uniforms...

One day I'll get to a Seattle game!

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/23/05 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Second, Sheila Lambert miraculously [Sue Bird. Sheila Lambert. Unfair matchup.] got open and drained a 3 right in front of Bill. He called her out for missing the play. I could hear every word from the other side of the court. I felt bad for Lambert. Half the team bitched at her at one time or another.

I'm curious why Bill re-signed Lambert. I had heard he was gloating after he traded her to us.
seafoam06

PostPosted: 07/23/05 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
jimmyk wrote:

Sounds like Bill thinks that the refs are going to take the game from HIM. He straight up SAID it.

It's interesting finding out what actually goes on in his mind. Hopefully more than what comes out of his mouth. I'm enjoying listening to Anne and her assistant, who she allows to have serious input at crucial moments.

I love this about AD. I think she lets the players (Sue at least and probably Lauren) have alot of input, too. You might expect a coach that's got the credentials of her to be too in to herself and not want help from others. That woman seems to have no ego though. She's really so sweet. I love watching her mother those girls, even though she can be so scary and intense, it's really just a part she's playing. 'Coach'.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/23/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SFO doesn't *need* amplification. I'm pretty sure we could've heard his yakking in the rafters of the Key. I thought AD was far more informative, especially on that last play. Seriously, though, they need to turn down the radius on those mikes- you get way too much noise from them.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

random thoughts
by s. e. bibb

i hope they never do that mic thing again with the coaches. or at least when the shock are playing. very distracting.

i love anne donovan.

donovan's assistant coach, jenny boucek, should get a shot at a team. she played for cleveland, staffed in miami and elsewhere. she could do a far sight better than trudi.

hearing doris burke break down the game and players tonight only made me sadder that we probably will never see her coach.

i love anne donovan. her intensity scares me.

PostPosted: 07/23/05 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
random thoughts
by s. e. bibb

i hope they never do that mic thing again with the coaches. or at least when the shock are playing. very distracting.

i love anne donovan.

donovan's assistant coach, jenny boucek, should get a shot at a team. she played for cleveland, staffed in miami and elsewhere. she could do a far sight better than trudi.

hearing doris burke break down the game and players tonight only made me sadder that we probably will never see her coach.

i love anne donovan. her intensity scares me.

No don't take Jenny away from us!! I wonder about that day coming, though. If either of those two will ever leave AD. I sure damn well hope not.

Doris being such a great basketball mind and always being a broadcaster is what I fear is in Birdy's future. She'd make an amazing coach, but she may enjoy the TV side of things so much that she never ends up with a team.

I messed up my VCR and didn't even get to see the game on TV... I'm so so bummed out and really hoping someone would be willing to make me a copy of the game. Especially hearing all this stuff about the coaches being mic'd! *sighs* So sad.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/24/05 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kinkitola wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Great game Cool

BTW, I think you can see Kinkitola right behind BL Shocked Exclamation She's wearing a white cap.

Kink? Shocked

maybe i have a twin i didn't know about.

Well maybe you do! Shocked I guess it's kind of like how Topher Grace looks like Spiderman... Arrow

Maybe next Storm game you should head down to the first row center behind the scorer's table, closer to the visitor's side and look for someone in a white cap.. Idea

Sass

PostPosted: 07/24/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral, do you have to get beat by the clue stick? Kinkitola doesn't live in Seattle.

I, however, am going to look for the white cap now.

- Run-DMC
thetruth

PostPosted: 07/24/05 5:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
inky wrote:

I'm curious why Bill re-signed Lambert. I had heard he was gloating after he traded her to us.

I'm still trying to wonder why he signed her for the period and on top of that for the rest of the year.

Sheila holds the balls at the top of the key too long, she lefts the defense gets set. Or she'll run baseline and dribble the ball off her foot.

That 3 pointer she took yesterday with either 12 or 18 seconds on the clock was terrible.

I see Niele got some great time yesterday in the Mercury win. I know it's only because Diana got hurt.

1carol

PostPosted: 07/24/05 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thetruth wrote:
I see Niele got some great time yesterday in the Mercury win. I know it's only because Diana got hurt.

I met Niele 7/21 at Majerle's. A very likable person. Much prettier in person than in pics. She's meshing really well with the team on the court & off. Actually, we signed her 7/15 & played her a few minutes that night. It was fortunate she had 6 days with the team, before the next game, to learn plays. She played in the next game for 12 min & then yesterday for 31 min. She would be rotating with Shereka at PG but, Reekie's on IR with a sprained wrist & can't come off till 7/29. DT re-injured her knee yesterday. Don't know to what extent yet. I'm hoping Coach kept her out as a precaution. It's looking like we're needing Niele much more than we anticipated. I'm happy she's here & we'll take good care of her.

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/24/05 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1carol wrote:
She would be rotating with Shereka at PG but, Reekie's on IR with a sprained wrist & can't come off till 7/29.

They've activated Snelly? Shereka was still on the active roster yesterday.
LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
smenko wrote:
"What! What! You can't call a foul on me--I'm the ESPY winner--I'm the best thing since sliced bread--I'm the WNBA's bestest player--a foul--good grief! Next thing I know you will let the Shock actually win the game!"

The start of the second half of the game all the fouls were called against us, and he thinks the refs took the game?? LMAO he would like to blame anybody but his players, they lost the game! BL is a POOR SPORT, not only did he have to be told by a policman to move out of Izzy's way so she could throw the ball (he moved 1/2 step), but he also would not shake AD's hand at the end. What an a$$hole.

LJ, damn right she is all that! She well deserves the award she got; the fans have spoken Very Happy Betty and her last minute bucket was so sweet to watch, she got passed the ball and without even dribbling just shot, and in it went!!!! Yea Betty!

Storm won, yea! Take that Shock, we showed you how to drive *VBG*

That Nolan is a great player as is Ford, Nolan can almost move as good as Izzy, but Izzy is all arms and legs and when she takes off all you can do is eat her dust.

Tonights party with our Storm will be a lot more fun with all these wins lately.

smenko

PostPosted: 07/24/05 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I said on the other board, all any team playing the Shock have to do is foul them--get them to the FT line and they will lose the game. They cannot get the ball in the hole--so it doesn't matter if they get the FT. If I were the Storm I would purposely put the Shock at the line in order to keep the 3 pt shooting of Tweety at bay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: