RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Seattle Times Article

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wadethered

PostPosted: 07/24/05 4:35 am    ::: New Seattle Times Article Reply Reply with quote

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seattlestorm/2002398860_stormglance24.html

"After the game, Laimbeer refused to shake Storm coach Anne Donovan's hand."

Ummm...that never happened, actually, I vividly remember them shaking hands at the end of the game.

thetruth

PostPosted: 07/24/05 4:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do to! Confused

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 07/24/05 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I, too, saw the postgame handshake on TV. That's a weird mistake for the Seattle Times' Jayda Evans to make. Surprised

Then again, the Times devoted a huge portion of the Sports section today to Shawn Kemp's getting in shape, trying to come back to the NBA. The "depth" of the reporting can be seen in this paragraph (which might as well have been wrriten by a pr flack):

Their three sons — Jamir,10, Jamar, 8, and Jaman, 4 — live year-round with Marvena and Shawn in their two homes, one in Houston and one in Washington, in Maple Valley. Kemp won't discuss his other children or even how many he has, other than to say he has never missed a child-support payment, and he won't let his wife be interviewed.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002398938_kemp24.html

pilight

PostPosted: 07/24/05 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw her shake Mahorn's hand, I didn't see her shake Laimbeer's hand.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i saw BL and anne shake hands. the camera followed laimbeer to anne. there was no mistaking it. it was brief. anne's handshake with mahorn was longer, more heartfelt, if you wanna call it that.

that is strange for jayda. "refused" is a strong word. it suggests that she got some confirmation from him that he wouldn't shake her hand, as opposed to saying simply that he didn't shake her hand.

PostPosted: 07/24/05 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I saw her shake Mahorn's hand, I didn't see her shake Laimbeer's hand.

I just looked at the tape......

while walking, BL extended an open hand, AD took it in passing and closed her hand, he closed his for a moment, then let go...he never stopped walking, never looked her in the eye, in effect never acknowledged her existence. Did he shake her hand, technically yes.....was it a warm, fuzzy moment, hardly.

Whereas, with Mahorn, they looked each other in the eye, for a moment, and AD put her left hand on his forearm while shaking his right hand....obviously a little warmth there.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: