RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Janeth is National Champ for the 4th time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/20/05 12:01 am    ::: Janeth is National Champ for the 4th time Reply Reply with quote

And the MVP (who else?)
She scored 29 pts and grabbed 7 rbs to lead Pão de Açúcar/Ourinhos to its first National League title. The interesting thing is that she now has won the championship playing for 4 different teams. Jane said in an interview after the game that this felt like the first time and that she was very disappointed to lose the title last year, so this time it was really special for her. She said that she was very nervous before the game, but couldn't let it on so her teammates wouldn't see how their leader was really feeling about the finals. Very Janeth-like...
No word on what she's going to do after that tho. She has 3 months to rest and think about if she wants to play in the WNBA this season.
We had pleasant surprises this year, among them 17-year old Danila Fabri and 16-year old Michele Spliter. They're both post players (Danila is 6-8 and Michele is 6-5). They are very good for their age and I see lots of potential. They were recruited to play in the national team summer camp league, so I think we might start seeing them on the main national team very soon, most certainly on the Junior World Champs squad.

Congrats to Janeth and Ourinhos! Very Happy

Last edited by BCBG25 on 01/20/05 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Keegan

PostPosted: 01/20/05 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Give us one of your young post players - we need some good ones! (though Caitlin Cunningham may pan out but she has to get over her stress fractures) I'll exchange you a point guard Wink
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/20/05 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I would do that, no good prospects at this particular position or SG. Those two are very, very young, they would be in high school in the US. Both need lots of practice, but that's what the summer league is for. They're going to get a chance to practice with the National Team coaching staff (well, it's Barbosa, so it might not be a great thing) and start getting used to being a part of it because I feel like we're going to need them very soon...
I'm especially excited about Michele Spliter (don't you just love her last name?). Her brother is on the men's NT and he is supposed to be a lottery pick in the upcoming NBA draft, so talent obviously flows in the family, but I'm excited because she already has 3-point range, so why not train her to be a LJ-type of player?

PostPosted: 01/20/05 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thats great for her and i hope i see her playing for the Comets this year....I HOPE Laughing

Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/20/05 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really would be upset if I never got to see Janeth on TV one last time. She's a joy to watch and I would like to get to see her and think to myself, this is the last time I will get to see this great player, and truly savor the moment. That is one frustration I had with Cynthia Cooper is that with all the coming back and leaving and such, I feel like I just didn't get the right lasting impression. Still, the memories of both are so thick and grand I could never have anything but great thoughts of them.

PostPosted: 01/21/05 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Janeth! Cool Still got it Wink

Those 2 players sound great. But the question to ask is will they go to a US University and enter the W in 6 years or go the LJ route and enter in 4 Question Another question is: Are they still growing? lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: