RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

MERCURY BRIGADE REPORT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/22/05 1:39 am    ::: MERCURY BRIGADE REPORT Reply Reply with quote

We won't discuss the officiating.

1. The Baby. Caune and I spoke with the Baby. We asked her if she knew her nickname. She said, "It's Baby Swoopes." We explained it was shortened to "The Baby." We also told her about harnessing her ability to play on the road and putting up 20 points per game at home. She had a nice laugh about that. She was adorable...you just wanted to pinch her cheeks, she was so cute!

2. Shereka Wright. I put in the winning bid for her autographed jersey (auctions held at the arena). Caune and I spent 30 minutes chatting with her at Majerle's. Very shy, very sweet, just a very nice person. She was much more reserved than the other players. Fairly sanguine about the lack of respect she got in college. We talked about her need to drive more and get to the line. At the end of the night, she took my autographed jersey and added another signature to it, but personalized with my name.

3. Traumatic moment of the night...Pat Coyle and I had the same outfit on!!!

4. Loree Moore. Very shy, but did go to Majerle's.

5. Ashley Robinson...stopping traffic at Majerle's.

6. Jaynetta Saunders. The life of the party! She was the social butterfly of Majerle's.

7. None of the Liberty players would tell us where they go after games.

8. Pat Coyle mentioned that she had a twin sister...Caune and I did not know that.

9. Wauters, Snelly, Penny, and Penny's fiance had a table at Majerle's. Aussies were friendly, as usual.

10. Still traumatized by Pat Coyle wearing the same outfit that I had on!

Keegan

PostPosted: 07/22/05 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did you ask Snelly what her injury was? Wink
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:12 am    ::: Re: MERCURY BRIGADE REPORT Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

6. Jaynetta Saunders. The life of the party! She was the social butterfly of Majerle's.

What was she doing there, is she from Phoenix?

Last edited by Str8_Butta on 07/22/05 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:12 am    ::: Re: MERCURY BRIGADE REPORT Reply Reply with quote

*EDIT*

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why Jaynetta is here (I believe Caune or Sportsfan would know). But she is around quite a bit...and is quite the life of the party. Very friendly and a lot of fun...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/22/05 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why was Shereka a DNP? When you see her again, mention that she gave Dani her sneaker in CT!

caune

PostPosted: 07/22/05 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Why was Shereka a DNP? When you see her again, mention that she gave Dani her sneaker in CT!

Shereka has a wrist injury and will require off season surgery.
And freeky I am not stalking you i swear it was purely accidental that I ran into you three times yesterday Embarassed

Quote:
What was she doing there, is she from Phoenix?

She has family in town so just visiting.

Other ex-players in attendance, Kayte Christensen and Linsady Taylor
And at the game Nicole Powells parents were there (cheering for the Merc;) Great folks!

And Cam honey you forgot the weirdest part....
all three officials came in to Majerles, they sat at the bar together, and I must say, the fans and players showed great restraint Confused
I fact I don't think anyone even acknowledged them, we played blind just like they do Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 07/22/05 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Patty has a twin sister, Maureen I think is her name, and she works for the NBA. Am I right Dex? Also is friends with Blaze, which is one of the reasons Patty still has "job security".
Thanks for the report, Cam. The Baby is adorable and I wish the announcers would stop saying that her teammates call her Baby Swoopes. WE STARTED IT! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 07/22/05 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patty was wearing a mini skirt too cam?

PostPosted: 07/22/05 10:38 am    ::: Re: MERCURY BRIGADE REPORT Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the report Dear Cam!!! Isn't the Baby adorable?? You do want to pinch her cheeks!!! She's a very nice girl with a good head on her shoulders. Good for her!!!!

So the Libs were mum about where they go after the games?? What? Is Henrietta by invitation only now?? LOL!! I REALLY don't know where they go after games....

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
We won't discuss the officiating.

1. The Baby. Caune and I spoke with the Baby. We asked her if she knew her nickname. She said, "It's Baby Swoopes." We explained it was shortened to "The Baby." We also told her about harnessing her ability to play on the road and putting up 20 points per game at home. She had a nice laugh about that. She was adorable...you just wanted to pinch her cheeks, she was so cute!

2. Shereka Wright. I put in the winning bid for her autographed jersey (auctions held at the arena). Caune and I spent 30 minutes chatting with her at Majerle's. Very shy, very sweet, just a very nice person. She was much more reserved than the other players. Fairly sanguine about the lack of respect she got in college. We talked about her need to drive more and get to the line. At the end of the night, she took my autographed jersey and added another signature to it, but personalized with my name.

3. Traumatic moment of the night...Pat Coyle and I had the same outfit on!!!

4. Loree Moore. Very shy, but did go to Majerle's.

5. Ashley Robinson...stopping traffic at Majerle's.

7. None of the Liberty players would tell us where they go after games.

8. Pat Coyle mentioned that she had a twin sister...Caune and I did not know that.

9. Wauters, Snelly, Penny, and Penny's fiance had a table at Majerle's. Aussies were friendly, as usual.

10. Still traumatized by Pat Coyle wearing the same outfit that I had on!

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 07/22/05 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
1. The Baby. Caune and I spoke with the Baby. We asked her if she knew her nickname. She said, "It's Baby Swoopes." We explained it was shortened to "The Baby."

Oh, you talkin' bout "SuperMeka"??

Yeah, the Baby is downright ador-a-ball!!

PostPosted: 07/22/05 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Yes, Patty has a twin sister, Maureen I think is her name, and she works for the NBA. Am I right Dex? Also is friends with Blaze, which is one of the reasons Patty still has "job security".

Maureen works for the NBA doing media and public relations. She used to be the Liberty's director of public relations for their first 3 or 4 years and did a damn good job might I add. Then she fell back for a while and resurfaced as the league's public relations person and then ended up with the job with the NBA. She is Patty's little sister and Blaze's buddy, but she is not Patty's twin. That would be Mary who played in the backcourt at Rutgers with Patty back in the early 80's when they had Chris Daily.
golden33

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does anyone know if the mercury plan on keeping niele after her 7 days are up?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
does anyone know if the mercury plan on keeping niele after her 7 days are up?

Yes. Another 7-day contract is planned. Idea

golden33

PostPosted: 07/22/05 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, but is it typical to just keep signing people for 7 days at a time? is someone hurt right now that they're waiting for her to get better?

gopher5

PostPosted: 07/22/05 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:
okay, but is it typical to just keep signing people for 7 days at a time? is someone hurt right now that they're waiting for her to get better?

Teams are only allowed to sign a player to two 7 day contracts. Then you have to release the player or sign them for the rest of the season.

golden33

PostPosted: 07/22/05 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, thanks for the info.

caune

PostPosted: 07/22/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

golden33 wrote:

Shereka may end up on IR, her wrist is in pretty bad shape but she's hoping to make it to the end of the season before having surgery, but Reks injury could help Ivey stick

PostPosted: 07/22/05 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Shereka may end up on IR, her wrist is in pretty bad shape but she's hoping to make it to the end of the season before having surgery, but Reks injury could help Ivey stick

And I thought wearing that CT Spirit bracelet cured all ills!

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 07/22/05 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan,

I asked Snelly about her injury. She said her back has been bothering her. Crying or Very sad

It was a fun night, as usual. Laughing

caune

PostPosted: 07/22/05 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="sportsfan48"]Keegan,

I asked Snelly about her injury. She said her back has been bothering her. Crying or Very sad

quote]

Well good thing cause I thought it was the dreaded hang nail or paper cut and those can be sooo painful Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: