RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chamique...and Slovy/Blue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 01/19/05 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That whole talk of pressure is bs. She likes the spotlight, no doubt about it. Now, if she isn't willing to share it with Beard, that's a different story.
I guess it boils down to this. She feels like she can't win with the Mystics.
I don't know whether NY is her preferred destination, but if all the trade rumors are true, the Mystics should know it by now what to do of her demands...

PostPosted: 01/19/05 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why do they need Harrower when they have Darling? The two have virtually identical games.

Well, one brings energy and the other doesn't...

I liked Darling in Cleveland, but have not been sold on her for the Lynx.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/05 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
That whole talk of pressure is bs. She likes the spotlight, no doubt about it. Now, if she isn't willing to share it with Beard, that's a different story.

If she won't share it with Beard then she certainly won't share it with Hammon.

PostPosted: 01/19/05 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Becky will be dwarfed if NYque is on the team, literally. NYque will be all over Times Squares, on giant billboards covering entire buildings and with a better slogan than "It's all ball".
Then we will see if Lil' Becky has an ego comparable to her size, which I'm inclined to think is not the case based on last year's bitching and moaning at every foul called on her, every shot missed, etc...

PostPosted: 01/19/05 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Answering multiple questions discussed in this thread...

1) Phoenix has no interest in Holdsclaw and is not willing to part with the wing player (Penny Taylor) Washington would require to make such a trade work.

2) I would take Kristi Harrower over Helen Darling every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I would take Tully over Darling as well.

3) New York can trade Christon and the pick for Holdsclaw, and the salaries will be close. But would New York really trade Christon? Wouldn't Robinson make more sense? But would Washington accept Robinson over Christon? Too many questions...

herrade

PostPosted: 01/19/05 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG wrote:
"Poor Becky will be dwarfed if NYque is on the team, literally."

This wouldn't be such a bad thing, IMHO. Becky seems like she needs someone to keep her in line, especially since she's shown that neither she, nor any one else on the team, has what it takes to be a leader.

That said, I DO NOT want to see Mique wearing anything but blue in the garden next year.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 01/19/05 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's face it Herrade...no one has that influence over Becky except Spoon, Sue & Kym. None of those are coming back so there's no one that can reel in Becky and steer her towards leadership.

We thought VJ had it, but she doesn't. She acted last season like she didn't care. At times she showed up but then she was gone. To me she's just like Scottie Pippen. Great talent, great player but and even greater co-pilot. None of them were cut to be the pilots.

herrade wrote:
BCBG wrote:
"Poor Becky will be dwarfed if NYque is on the team, literally."

This wouldn't be such a bad thing, IMHO. Becky seems like she needs someone to keep her in line, especially since she's shown that neither she, nor any one else on the team, has what it takes to be a leader.

That said, I DO NOT want to see Mique wearing anything but blue in the garden next year.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/19/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Why do they need Harrower when they have Darling? The two have virtually identical games.

I disagree. Kristi can shoot and Helen can't.
herrade

PostPosted: 01/20/05 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Let's face it Herrade...no one has that influence over Becky except Spoon, Sue & Kym.

I think you're right about that. Becky's past the point she could be schooled.

I don't agree with you about VJ, though. Yeah, she's not a great leader, but I don't think she didn't care. Remember: she was playing with an injury for most of the year, probably scared that she would be kicked to the curb like Tari.

I don't know what could fix this team, actually. We have to accept that they're building around becky at the one, and that's a really sub-optimal place to start from. Much as I've admired :ahem: Becky in the past, I don't see how she can hold the team together. (I'm being generous here).[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: