RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Shock not their usual selves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/21/05 5:36 am    ::: Shock not their usual selves Reply Reply with quote

http://www.detnews.com/2005/shock/0507/21/D01-254925.htm

Coach Bill Laimbeer's hope of landing an NBA job is becoming more of a fantasy with each loss and his admission he is having trouble motivating his players.

PostPosted: 07/21/05 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This poor us attitude has gotten old. I love this quote:

"No one feels sorry for the Detroit Shock, so why should we care about anyone else?"

It was pretty classless for Nolan to take that three at the buzzer. I remember Nykesha did it last year in one game of a blowout and all Mike T. would talk about after the game was how wrong it was she took that shot. I'm sure Mike was no saint after the game, but come on Bill, why not win and shut up people that way?

smenko

PostPosted: 07/21/05 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After Nolan was the recipient of a flagrant foul she answered it with a 3 pointer. What do you think that she should hit someone? I believe it is healthy to display your anger with points rather than fists.

pookie53

PostPosted: 07/21/05 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure Whalen's flagrant was really bad Rolling Eyes I've watched Whalen for a while now and I've never heard of her having a flagrant or technical foul. The radio guys seemed a bit surprised that it was even called a flagrant. I do enjoy this little rivalry though. I think the W needs more of it. Can't wait till the rematch. Why do you think she only has 2 options after getting fouled. "Well what should I do, hit her or hit a three?" How about take the high road and dribble out the clock?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/21/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smenko wrote:
After Nolan was the recipient of a flagrant foul she answered it with a 3 pointer. What do you think that she should hit someone? I believe it is healthy to display your anger with points rather than fists.

You are kidding me right? It was a flagrant 1, intentional breakaway foul. As said, the announcers didn't even really acknowledge it to be flagrant. It was a BS play by someone who wasn't thinking most likely at the time. I didn't say it was malicious on her part, but it wasn't a classy play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: