RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

that's the comets, people
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deb1360

PostPosted: 07/20/05 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEP, my girl Tari is BACK!!!!!! As I've said in prevous posts, she has nothing to prove;she got the opportunity(FINALLY!) to play from Van, and when given the opportunity, she WILL produce, that's for sure!!! Now hopefully Van won't forget the impact she had on last night's game, and continue to give her some meanigful minutes for the rest of the season, even when TT comes back...
Can you say championship!!!! GO COMETS!!!!!

one4dthumb

PostPosted: 07/20/05 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Man, how good is Sancho Lyttle gonna be? Woo! She could be a star.

She's going to be great. I've been saying it since the first time I saw her play at U of H. I went to see Chandi and ended up watching Sancho. She is raw talent learning to play basketball. As far as I am concerned, we stole her. The Comets had someone at almost every game and knew enough about her that when UofH showed up small in NCAA tourney, they didn't get scared off. She is the real deal and I am really looking forward to the next few years.

Last night's game was like the Comets of old, and the fans, though few in number, sounded like we remembered what it was like when other teams didn't want to come into our house for a game. It was a blast, and Sacto is a heck of a team. If we don't go all the way, they are who I will be cheering.

SORF

PostPosted: 07/20/05 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jammer....
Quote:
They must be holding their own practices after practice. They played together last night like Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. I'm effen serious.

lol...I love it!

One thing jammer, Lyttle developed that passing as a Comet. I never saw her pass into the paint to a player while at U of H. I mentioned it to one of my U of H friends at the game. I said, "where did she pick that up...you never saw that at UH"? He just shook his head and smiled!

She will be an awesome player in the future IF she wants it and works hard on her game. And as for Tari...what more can you say? Go Tari, go Tari, go Tari....You're right, they are great together.

Can you imagine what TT and Tari together will be like...how about Lyttle and TT? Or how about TT, Tari and Lyttle! Shocked Maybe not this year but next? Yowza..I'm excited!

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 07/20/05 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SORF wrote:
Jammer....
Quote:
They must be holding their own practices after practice. They played together last night like Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. I'm effen serious.

lol...I love it!

One thing jammer, Lyttle developed that passing as a Comet. I never saw her pass into the paint to a player while at U of H. I mentioned it to one of my U of H friends at the game. I said, "where did she pick that up...you never saw that at UH"? He just shook his head and smiled!

She will be an awesome player in the future IF she wants it and works hard on her game. And as for Tari...what more can you say? Go Tari, go Tari, go Tari....You're right, they are great together.

Can you imagine what TT and Tari together will be like...how about Lyttle and TT? Or how about TT, Tari and Lyttle! Shocked Maybe not this year but next? Yowza..I'm excited!

i like Tari fine, and it was great to see her playing her game last night - but you'd think she woulda conquered her free throw problem by now...i think Chance has to withhold dinner from her like the Libs used to...i believe that worked sometimes.

MamaBristow

PostPosted: 07/20/05 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
i like Tari fine, and it was great to see her playing her game last night - but you'd think she woulda conquered her free throw problem by now...i think Chance has to withhold dinner from her like the Libs used to...i believe that worked sometimes.

LOL! Maybe Coach Whiz should try that with his whole team!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/20/05 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, Tari is showing a free throw percentage of .640 for the season (probably doesn't include last night's misses), which is better than her career average of .614. All I remember is that she shot 5 or 7 from the line in her bust out game at San Antonio, which was the beginning of the six game winning streak.

The Comets as a whole missed a few too many free throws last night. Gotta have something to work on, I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: