RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wendy McCauley hired to run Comets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/05 8:47 am    ::: Wendy McCauley hired to run Comets Reply Reply with quote

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/other/2998940

PostPosted: 01/19/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A good sign. You don't create that position if you bleeding money ...

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/19/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam:

I think this is an interesting turn regarding VC's role within the overall operation of the Comets. I hope it is part of the transition toward his departure and replacement.

AND: Foley is indeed a ledge! Loved the blog on espn.com wcbb page.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/19/05 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

I think this is an interesting turn regarding VC's role within the overall operation of the Comets. I hope it is part of the transition toward his departure and replacement.

Most Comets fans think/hope so. And I cannot disagree with them. Other than Michelle Snow, Van has made some dubious draft choices and personnel moves. Would Ukari Figgs still be in Houston if Van were no longer the coach? Put Figgs at the point on last year's team, and I guarantee the Comets finish at least at .500.

Plus, Houston's attendance has been sagging. With Cooper retired, Swoopes not far away, etc., there needs to be some new energy in the front office to increase ticket sales and excitement about the franchise. Van cannot do it all (despite what he may think), but it has taken the Comets too long to figure that out.

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

AND: Foley is indeed a ledge! Loved the blog on espn.com wcbb page.

Got to meet her at the Duke-Liberty game in December. She is really cool. Typical Australian...very laid back, relaxed, loquacious.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/05 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Would Ukari Figgs still be in Houston if Van were no longer the coach? Put Figgs at the point on last year's team, and I guarantee the Comets finish at least at .500.

My guess is that she would not have returned anyway. She was off her game in 2003, probably because she didn't spend the off-season working on it.

PostPosted: 01/19/05 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Would Ukari Figgs still be in Houston if Van were no longer the coach? Put Figgs at the point on last year's team, and I guarantee the Comets finish at least at .500.

My guess is that she would not have returned anyway. She was off her game in 2003, probably because she didn't spend the off-season working on it.

...not to mention that lucrative engineering job at Toyota or GM or whatever automobile company she was associated with.

I have to agree that Van was not one of the better motivators in her career. I just get tired of every year getting "another" pg (Williams, Daley, Figgs, Lambert) only to see them ground into oblivian by the end of the season. One must see the common denominator there.

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/19/05 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
I have to agree that Van was not one of the better motivators in her career. I just get tired of every year getting "another" pg (Williams, Daley, Figgs, Lambert) only to see them ground into oblivian by the end of the season. One must see the common denominator there.

The next one might be Kristi, though she is a bit different from the rest (substantial international experience). She could fit in well on the Comets; she's definitely pass first but will knock down the long bombs if left unattended.
Swoopes_Tompson_Comets22

PostPosted: 01/19/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think its good for them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: