RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

It's Sunday Basketball: USA/Aus then Game 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/14/07 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

La madre and I are training in, so anything Jersey-side would have to be accompanied by a lift from a kind fellow traveler.

There's a Charlie Brown's Steakhouse somewhere in that vicinity that would have screens, but you've got to think we need someplace that has at least six screens (two potential baseball games, two football games, the race, and then something we could beg for).

PostPosted: 09/14/07 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
...seriously, got a special Italian place in Bal'more you like alot?

We're just going to Mattews Pizza on Sunday (which is a great place for pizza!), but I'm fond of Sotto Sopra and Vespa for more "foodie" nights.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 09/14/07 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okay, that Championship place is out. they only have ONE TV, and that's a recipe for disaster.

the other place, Buffstone's is possible, since they have 8-10 televisions and they essentially promised me they would do something. but they are probably under the impression that I was representing more than like 3 people.

so -- how many people am I representing?? i told them if i was sure i had a certain number of people I would call back.

meanwhile, I got the Championship guy to recommend someplace else, and he said:

FIRST & TEN SPORTS PUB 1961 Hamilton Avenue Trenton, NJ 08619
Phone: 609-587-1028

I haven't found a website for them or called yet, but I think they're pretty big, and also about 1-2 miles directly down the road from the arena. they might be better than the Buffstone place.

anyone else wanna get in on this?

As for lifts from locals, well, I figured if I couldn't deal with walking 1 mile I would call a taxi. If a bunch of us split taxis, how much could they be to go 2 miles?? Plus, we'll need it back to the train station afterwards (and we can skip the light rail, saving a little time and toss that $1.35 towards the taxi fare) woo-hoo!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/14/07 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

I haven't found a website for them...

http://www.firstandtensportspub.com/HomePage.htm

I was bored Wink.

gpark33

PostPosted: 09/14/07 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sixth, thank you so much for coordinating this. Whatever you decide on locale, I will be there.

For my party, I am me plus 1 and will have room for 2 other people in the car for the train folks who might need a ride to the bar.

Looking forward to finally being able to meet some board members! Very Happy

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 09/14/07 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

I haven't found a website for them...

http://www.firstandtensportspub.com/HomePage.htm

I was bored Wink.

thanks. i first tried looking under 1stand10 , since it's obviously a football reference...and then I got interrupted.

anyway, have you noticed that that site is not fully operational?

i just called them, and the guy who answered the phone was like, "oh wow. could you maybe call back tomorrow? 'cause it's Friday night and I'm swamped here."

so of course I told him yes. I just figured on Friday night, I'm gonna get someone on the phone at a bar, you know? and I've gotta do stuff tomorrow.

i'm now thinking that when I call (or someone calls) we should tell them that there's this major women's bball game going on at Sovereign Bank Arena, and there could be a lot of people there who will be looking for a place to go to watch the WNBA game, and if we know that THEIR place is friendly to the possibility and willing to give us one decent TV and some tables, we can tell people to go there.

what I'd really like from everyone here is a head count.

so we've got 2 from gpark and 1 from me.

2 maybe from queenie -- i don't know.

1 maybe from REL?

anyone else?

Richyyy? Flying in? Wink

also, we would need to have a place to meet up after the game. i don't really know the arena, but I've mapped out the routes from there to some of these bars and in each case you have to head in the same direction. The thing is, I don't think that starts us off at the official "front" of the arena...

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/15/07 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Queen Mom and I are in, and we've got a car after all with room for two trainees.

PostPosted: 09/16/07 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Posting this in both threads this morning. How about we just meet on the corner of Hamilton and S Broad and go from there? It's basically the corner of the arena, I believe just behind the will call window (though I could be very wrong). I'll also try to check the board on my phone to see if anyone else gets a chance to update.

I don't know any of you guys but think I remember seeing a picture of Queenie from the fan blog. Will look for her. I'll be the 5'7" 30 something white girl with brown hair in a very orange UT shirt walking around with the 5'2" Asian girl.

We are in section 106 row AAA seats 9-10 if you want to come by.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 09/16/07 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm driving in with a friend, and while I mentioned the post-game possibility, I am beholden to her car.

I figure if we find one Rebkellian shirt, and we point to the shirt and say, very loudly, "Rebkellians to ME" we'll find each other. Smile

PostPosted: 09/16/07 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Posting in both threads. I'll be at the game this afternoon. Dunno what the plans for for Game 5 though, since I'm riding with overandback... I'm just a grateful passenger, so whatever plans are after, I shall follow.

I'll be checking the board via my sidekick, to see if anyone updates.

DetBookie

PostPosted: 09/16/07 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gf and i will be there. should be easy to find. she's the only one brave enuf to wear a Detroit Shock shirt amongst a bunch of Rebkellians. i'll be in a green and gold aussie shirt. . .much safer. LOL would love to watch the championship game with whoever can make it afterward. we're in sec 114 row AA behind the aussie bench.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
suemar

PostPosted: 09/16/07 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
waterloosunset wrote:
We'll be driving back to DC immediately after the game, with a stop for Baltimore italian on the way, so we'll definitely miss the game! We'll be avoiding all media and watching the recording as soon as we get in. It'll be a very nice basketball Sunday.

what's your cell phone number? I'll be sure to text you with the score. j/k Wink

...seriously, got a special Italian place in Bal'more you like alot?

I recommend Sabatinos. Amicchis isnt bad either. Vaccaros for desert.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: