RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lisa Leslie joining ESPN college coverage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/12/05 6:14 pm    ::: Lisa Leslie joining ESPN college coverage Reply Reply with quote

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2005/01/12/sports1641EST0355.DTL

PostPosted: 01/13/05 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's what happens when Sue Bird finally goes overseas to play ball during the off season. I will miss Sue's analysis of the college game. It will be interesting to hear Leslie's perspective on how the young ladies will fare in the W, though.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/13/05 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
That's what happens when Sue Bird finally goes overseas to play ball during the off season. I will miss Sue's analysis of the college game. It will be interesting to hear Leslie's perspective on how the young ladies will fare in the W, though.

LL must have gone to the Anne Myers School of Broadcasting. Because, she will talk about herself every chance she gets.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/13/05 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't she talk about Ann Meyers?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/13/05 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

Lord have mercy, let the love fest begin. I think she will insist on talking about how she is the greatest post player to ever come out of the PAC-10, when it can be well argued that she is not even the best post player to come out of USC...anybody remember Cheryl Miller???

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/13/05 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PBP Person: McCarville wheels into the paint, scores!

LL: It was an okay move, but I would have gone to the left instead of the right, and I would have used the glass instead of straight in, because I spent time working with Tim Duncan learning the bank shot. Also, if I was playing defense she never would have gotten that shot off!

icey23

PostPosted: 01/13/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't wait till Lisa but you haters to shame. Very Happy

caune

PostPosted: 01/13/05 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

Lord have mercy, let the love fest begin. I think she will insist on talking about how she is the greatest post player to ever come out of the PAC-10, when it can be well argued that she is not even the best post player to come out of USC...anybody remember Cheryl Miller???

OH my gododness, perish the thought!

Lisa has done a few games, very badly I might add.
With all the good young talent out there, Kara Lawson and Kayte Christensen come to mind, they once again go for the obvious choice, too bad.
But boy oh boy, Lisa sure does have a good agent, huh?

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/13/05 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem is that often the people choosing the commentators go for the names. Great players don't automatically make good commentators (NL and Meyers Laughing ) They got LJ to do some commentary for a MNBL game and she was... underwhelming to say the least. I've heard LL do commentary and felt similarly.
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/13/05 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh Lord...Lisa is going to be a commentator too? Ugh. She was the commentator at the UConn-Tennessee game at the HCC in 2003, and she wasn't that good. I did love her comment about Diana's 70 ft. three-pointer. I can't remember exactly what she said, but it was a great moment comment.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/14/05 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One thing that the Diva will bring to the color commentary is some insight into where certain players will fit in with the W. We will no doubt grow weary of her "self" involvement, but she does know what it takes to be a Champion in women's basketball.

I miss Robin Roberts. I love that woman and would listen to her read the phone book.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/14/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might be pretty good. I enjoyed the commentary she did on the Uconn/ Tenn game a couple of years ago. She got all the players names right (that annoys me so much when they don't..) And had some interessting things to say. She didn't talk about herself much, at least not that I noticed.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/14/05 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
This might be pretty good. I enjoyed the commentary she did on the Uconn/ Tenn game a couple of years ago. She got all the players names right (that annoys me so much when they don't..) And had some interessting things to say. She didn't talk about herself much, at least not that I noticed.

Agreed, she wasn't bad at all, she was into the game, and she has that same novel approach that Lobo has, she actually comments on the action on the court.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: