RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Belinda Snell to the WNBA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 01/13/05 5:03 pm    ::: Belinda Snell to the WNBA? Reply Reply with quote

Thanks to Cam for the link

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11934628-23769,00.html

Quote:
Snell, a teammate of Jackson in the Opals team which won silver at the Athens Olympics, is in negotiations with a yet to be disclosed American team to trial for a spot on their roster.

Snell confirmed she had spoken to several teams in the toughest women's competition in the world where Jackson is one of the leading drawcards and helped lead her Seattle Storm side to victory last season.

"I've always wanted to play in the WNBA and if I get the opportunity I'll be over the moon," said Snell, who with her Sydney Flames teammates will tackle Adelaide Lightning in the curtain-raiser to the Sydney Kings-West Sydney Razorbacks clash at the Sydney Entertainment Centre tomorrow night. "I should know something in February."

If confirmed to trial in the US, Snell will have to rise to the top at a cut-throat training camp before being contracted to the team for the season.

Who is it? I saw Whit down here, watching a Flames game and I've certainly pestered Seth enough about her Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: