RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Baby Ballers. Introducing...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/11/05 10:16 pm    ::: The Baby Ballers. Introducing... Reply Reply with quote

Who...?

Last edited by Richard 77 on 01/12/05 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/11/05 10:21 pm    ::: Re: The Baby Ballers. Reply Reply with quote

What..?

Last edited by Richard 77 on 01/12/05 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/11/05 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, keep them coming. I have an ideal for the storyboards for that scene

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/11/05 10:41 pm    ::: Notice: Dated January 11, 2005 Reply Reply with quote

As I replied yesterday, I would be willing to listen to suggestions or comments just as Smoovie stated she would as well. I can't speak for her of course, but if she/I/we were to make any sort of earnings from this endeavour, I personally would try to compensate any and all who assisted with their suggestions to the best of my ability.

Furthermore, in an attempt to protect myself and Smoovie from crooks, we'd like you to remember, they saw...?

Rich

Last edited by Richard 77 on 01/12/05 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/11/05 10:54 pm    ::: Re: Notice: Dated January 11, 2005 Reply Reply with quote

© !
Rich - you should work directly with Smoovie and have people email suggestions. As opposed to posting it here.
I wrote a book (as yet unpublished) a year ago about an 8 year old learning basketball, and the kids in her neighborhood. (bearing no resemblence to "Baby Ballers©) I'm currently working on the illustrations and the next few books in the series.
The reason I bring it up is that I would never post so much as one sentence of it online. - just playing it safe. I've let a few people read the first book (including Tamika Catchings) for their input but that's it.
You and Smoovie are really on to something. I wouldn't want you to lose the rights to something because it had been posted online.
Play it safe!

and I'll buy it for sure!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/11/05 11:16 pm    ::: Re: Notice: Dated January 11, 2005 Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
© !
Rich - you should work directly with Smoovie and have people email suggestions. As opposed to posting it here.
I wrote a book (as yet unpublished) a year ago about an 8 year old learning basketball, and the kids in her neighborhood. (bearing no resemblence to "Baby Ballers©) I'm currently working on the illustrations and the next few books in the series.
The reason I bring it up is that I would never post so much as one sentence of it online. - just playing it safe. I've let a few people read the first book (including Tamika Catchings) for their input but that's it.
You and Smoovie are really on to something. I wouldn't want you to lose the rights to something because it had been posted online.
Play it safe!

and I'll buy it for sure!

Oh, I thought about that quite a bit before posting my notes online. I wouldn't want Smoovie to lose the rights to her work either. It not as if I was going to give away the trading card shop. I just wanted to give the people here a taste of what they might expect. They'll have to buy the books like everyone else if they want to see the adventures of...

And thanks for the compliment. I'll send Smoovie an e-mail this weekend...

I sent the original link to Kat Fox of E-TradingCards.com and she was going to forward the link to Fleer. If you know someone there too, it doesn't hurt to have two players in our backcourt. Thanks for the advice and the comments. They are appreciated.

Last edited by Richard 77 on 01/12/05 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/11/05 11:30 pm    ::: Re: Notice: Dated January 11, 2005 Reply Reply with quote

That reminds me - It'll take some work, but Smoovie should go back and put "© 2004 smoovart all rights reserved" on EVERY baby baller pic.

I was thinking about writing to the guy I know there (Mike Shtino) - He's the product manager and he's very supportive of the WNBA line of cards. I met him in DC @ the All Star game and we've stayed in touch ever since. Rather than tell him about this now, I'd say you guys should work on the book and shoot for some Fleer/WNBA - related promo for next season.

I have a plan for the release of my book that will be well worth the wait if I can pull it off.
I plan to sell the first edition of mine on shedunk.com and I'd love to have your's for sale there too!
Also I recommend picking a charity to donate 10% of proceeds to. (I'm working with The Wellness Community)

What you've come up with sounds so cool. I can visualize this thing as if it were a Saturday morning cartoon I grew up with!

Oh yeah, Don't shop it to publishers right away
© it and have a first edition printed so you OWN the ISBN #.
Then you can have a big publisher work with you but maintain power over things. Well, anyway that was what I was told to do! lol!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/12/05 4:46 am    ::: Re: Notice: Dated January 11, 2005 Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
That reminds me - It'll take some work, but Smoovie should go back and put "© 2004 smoovart all rights reserved" on EVERY baby baller pic.

She should probably do that immediately when she reads this.

As for myself, I'm a very trusting soul, and I trust a lot of people who come here to read and/or post messages, even those posters I argue with (a lot). I feel secure in the knowledge that someone won't atempt to rip off Smoovie or myself. But the notice I posted should at least tell that one poster who would consider stealing material, I (personally) will pursue deep monetary damages should I find my work (or Smoovie's work) stolen. I hope the threat of their bankruptcy will deter them from considering stealing...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/12/05 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shy Slovy's right. I admit it regretfully since I love reading this, but this is way too good to put on a public domain site.

PLEASE for your protection and Smoovie's, you guys should email.

If you would like our input, would love to participate, and maybe Reb can set up a forum here that is password protected? Don't know if it's possible...

Slovy, books about hoops? You multi-dimentionaled dude you! I do know someone who would love to read a copy of it if possible..... Embarassed

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/12/05 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again, you can not copyright fan art. If someone other than the league tries to market these in will be an infringement. I can on market "Baby Baller" through their with their blessing and license. In fact, if this was a paid per surfing or if this site was selling ads, the babies would have to be removed.

The "Baby Ballers" me and Shyguy are talking about is totally different. They are different characters, so their rights would have to be protected. But in this case, if anyone try to market the babies you see here, NBA/WNBA and the players will have the right to go after them.

Last edited by Smoovie on 01/12/05 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/12/05 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoov...

If you ever put these babies in an animated feature, would it be called

A SMOOVIE MOVIE???

Love the art, and couldn't resist.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/12/05 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
The "Baby Ballers" me and Shyguy are talking about is totally different. They are different characters, so their rights would have to be protected. But in this case, if anyone their to market the babies you see here, NBA/WNBA and the players will have the right to go after them.

I don't know if this was to me or to Slovy saying to put your seal on the babies. Personally, I didn't make it clear, but I am talking about the project you and shy are working on, and suggest you take it "behind a closed door"

Smoovie

PostPosted: 01/12/05 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Smoovie wrote:
The "Baby Ballers" me and Shyguy are talking about is totally different. They are different characters, so their rights would have to be protected. But in this case, if anyone their to market the babies you see here, NBA/WNBA and the players will have the right to go after them.

I don't know if this was to me or to Slovy saying to put your seal on the babies. Personally, I didn't make it clear, but I am talking about the project you and shy are working on, and suggest you take it "behind a closed door"

No, it's just that people keep talking about the babies here needing a copyright seal and they don't. I would be wasting my money by trying to copyright fan art. Last I checked, it was about $40 a pop

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/12/05 9:48 pm    ::: Re: The Baby Ballers. Introducing... Reply Reply with quote

What do you think of my editing ability?

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/12/05 11:20 pm    ::: Say, Smoovie...I just have one question... Reply Reply with quote

Many people here have been supportive of us and think, as well as I, that your drawings are fun, creative, and inspiring.

However, there is one thing I don't think has been asked...

You are a terrific artist and illustrator. Is that a career goal for you, or is drawing just a hobby?

I have some news that might interest you if the word "illustrator" is kind of in your future. I will e-mail you this weekend...

Rich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: