RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Michigan PG Flippin receives release

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 06/17/05 7:26 am    ::: Michigan PG Flippin receives release Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.news-leader.com/today/20050612-Flippingetsrele.html

What a great name. I'll be mighty interested to see where she ends up.

jfox108

PostPosted: 06/17/05 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The talk I've heard is that MSU (formerly known as SMS - did we really need another MSU?!) Lady Bears would like her - they have one scholarship left for this coming year.

PostPosted: 06/17/05 1:04 pm    ::: Re: Michigan PG Flippin receives release Reply Reply with quote

ProfessorChaos06 wrote:

Her name kinda fits her style as well. I was fortunate enough to be able to see her play quite a bit at UM. She definately played with a lot of heart and always added a spark to the game. She's also quite a character on the court. She will be missed big time!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/17/05 1:37 pm    ::: Re: Michigan PG Flippin receives release Reply Reply with quote

shock6666 wrote:
ProfessorChaos06 wrote:

Her name kinda fits her style as well. I was fortunate enough to be able to see her play quite a bit at UM. She definately played with a lot of heart and always added a spark to the game. She's also quite a character on the court. She will be missed big time!

How much more a chance is Cheryl Burnett going to get at Michigan. She has gotten a free pass the first couple of seasons, but in my mind, she better produce this year for any sort of job security. Continuing to lose players doesn't bode particularly well for that.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 06/17/05 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once she fields a team of her players, then I think you can begin to evaluate her coaching. Up to now, much of the turnover is expected when a tough coach steps in. Sue Guevara and Cheryl Burnett are like night and day.

But, the emergence of Michigan St is only going to make her job tht much more difficult, especially considering the Joanne P. has made it clear that priority No. 1 is getting the Michigan kids.

shock6666

PostPosted: 06/17/05 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
Once she fields a team of her players, then I think you can begin to evaluate her coaching. Up to now, much of the turnover is expected when a tough coach steps in. Sue Guevara and Cheryl Burnett are like night and day.

I agree. The first group of players that she lost were Guevara's recruits. Both coaches styles are night and day. Now that she has her own recruits in her program, she should start to se results slowly. The Big 10 is a tough conference, 4-5 teams each year are in the top 25.

pequakid

PostPosted: 06/18/05 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Original schools Flippin was considering: Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Michigan. Imagine Missouri State (SMS) will enter the picture too, hometown and all. She's playing summer league in Springfield.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/25/05 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pequakid wrote:
Original schools Flippin was considering: Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Michigan. Imagine Missouri State (SMS) will enter the picture too, hometown and all. She's playing summer league in Springfield.

Yes, the Big Ten has 4-5 Sweet Sixteen contenders most years, but there was a huge gap this year between just ordinarily not-very-good teams, the kind that will win more next year if their first-years get better and/or they're not killed by injuries (Wisconsin, Indiana, even Northwestern) and Michigan, who looked unable to compete in the Big Ten at all when I saw them in January. And yeah, people transfer, but at Michigan EVERYONE transferred. Something's wrong.

pequakid

PostPosted: 07/11/05 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drury finished runnerup 2 years ago in D-II.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050711/SPORTS0401/507110381/1002/SPORTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: