RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Boneyard Has Gone Too Far!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/02/05 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Freaking bizarre. BBall, don't go visiting those little half time gatherings without a bodyguard! (I'll be at the Rutgers game and maybe we can go scare the crap out of some of them!!) Twisted Evil

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/02/05 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey DTS,
This is a little off-topic, but I got Nikki Blue's autograph for your kid. I'll try to get to the post office maņana!

- slovy

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/02/05 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Hey DTS,
This is a little off-topic, but I got Nikki Blue's autograph for your kid. I'll try to get to the post office maņana!

- slovy

Awesome! You rock Slovy!!! I really appreciate it. Dani won't have a clue who she is yet, but I'll make sure she finds out.

On a similar note, I pulled the autographs she got from the WBCA High School All Star game from last year to see who was on it. Wow! Fowles, Parker, Fuller, Wiley Gatewood, both Duke freshmen, both Rutgers freshmen, Mel Thomas, Hornbuckle and more. I was pissed though that we somehow missed Langhorne and Humphrey!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/02/05 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She may want to frame this.
It's a nice thing (about 11 x 18) of Nikki, Lisa and Noelle. They all signed it - personalized to Dani.
It was a great game by the way!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/03/05 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh man, that's more than just a Nikki sig! That sounds fantastic. I can't wait to see it. Slovy, you are the man!

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/03/05 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now it is funny...TonyCop is complaining that Duke is getting preferential treatment in the AP rankings!!!

http://connecticut.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1367&tid=45732368&sid=&style=2

Must be the Duke media bias.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/03/05 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, he did apologize! The shmuck

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/03/05 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Hey, he did apologize! The shmuck

At least he has manners enough to apologize. Can't say the same for at least two of the posters over there.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/03/05 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBall, it serves you right. How dare you bring factual arguments, logic, and statistics into the discussion. You know those things are not appropriate over there! Smile

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/04/05 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
BBall, it serves you right. How dare you bring factual arguments, logic, and statistics into the discussion. You know those things are not appropriate over there! Smile

*hangs head in shame*

I've been a bad girl.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/06/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More funny from the Yard (posted by a Notre Dame fan):

"The Boneyard has the most knowledgable posters on the subject of WCB than any other place I know on the Net and I have benefitted in many ways from participating in this forum."

http://connecticut.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1367&mid=45968040&sid=&tid=45938816&style=1

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/10/05 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://connecticut.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1367&tid=46125497&sid=&style=2

BBall, they came close to saying it, but they didn't. Duke isn't struggling, so that much means DT was better than Alana. But earlier, Duke didn't have any talent. Does this mean that Coach G is actually a good coach?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/10/05 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
http://connecticut.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1367&tid=46125497&sid=&style=2

BBall, they came close to saying it, but they didn't. Duke isn't struggling, so that much means DT was better than Alana. But earlier, Duke didn't have any talent. Does this mean that Coach G is actually a good coach?

Blasphemy!! Coach G...a good coach? Never.

I want to know what they're talking about in The Fieldhouse. I caught the recruiting bug, but I can't read the information. I know it's something good...and probably involving a post player.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/10/05 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think many UConn fans on the Boneyard thought there would be a little drop off post-Diana, but they thought Duke would drop a lot more. But they aren't quite ready to give Coach G the credit she deserves.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/10/05 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
I think many UConn fans on the Boneyard thought there would be a little drop off post-Diana, but they thought Duke would drop a lot more. But they aren't quite ready to give Coach G the credit she deserves.

No, they're not. To be honest, I felt that Duke was going to have a better season than UConn this year. I just felt you had the right talent and the coach to build an efficient and balanced team. Geno lost his floor general...his coach on the floor. I think in some respects, Geno misses having DT on the floor more than the returning players.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/10/05 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"To be honest, I felt that Duke was going to have a better season than UConn this year. I just felt you had the right talent and the coach to build an efficient and balanced team. "

Three reasons Duke is doing well:
1) The awesome monique
2) Coach G
3) Alana's legacy (and Georgia's as well)

What's been seen of Monique's awesomeness is the tip of the iceberg. She is simply an incredible talent. She's the Catch behind the Claw. And, as good as Claw is/or can be, we know who's perenially in the running for WNBA POY: Catch

Coach G is brilliant in oh so many ways. Not the least of which is the meetings she has at the end of the season with each returning player. Just look at the development of Mistie, Jess and Ali. Mistie and Ali in particular have been on the unfavorable end of many comparisons. But look at them now: the cornerstone of one the best post foursomes in the country. Believe...and work your a$$ off...

Alana was the leader of last year's team and demonstrated how to be the best, just as Georgia Schweitzer did before her. Alana knew she was leaving the team in good hands with Mo...and is available for helpful pointers along the way. Just as Alana's style was different from Georgia's, Mo leads in a very different way, but just as effectively. Mo is standing on the bar raised by Alana and lifting the team up from there.

~rAf

~rAf
mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/11/05 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with you. I think part of the problem this year has to do with last year. First off, Geno hasn't really had to be an amazing coach for a while, DT would make him look like a genius (and before that Sue) Not only that, but when Geno told his team to do something, DT (or Sue or...) would get it done, because they were the leader. Now Uconn has a problem because they don't have a leader, and I think this is where last year's problem came in. Strother, media wise and through Geno, was always seen to be the "next one." However, last year, I swear I saw DT "handing the torch" to Turner, yet Geno is still stuck on Strother. (I love both players, but I feel Taurasi had it right.) So now Uconn is in a Spot because Geno is sticking with Strother, and Turner is hurt. Jess is still only at 60%, and all though Battle has been playing better recently, and has proven she can be just as clutch as anyone else on Uconn, she just isn't the same player without Taurasi. So now Geno has to find a leader type player and personality....Duke already has this in Monique. And there wasn't (from what I saw of last year) any disputing who was going to be the next leader of the Duke team, making know confusion.

Unlike most Uconn fans, I expected anywhere from 6-10 losses this year...and a pretty good run in the tourney. I knew losing Taurasi was going to be way too much of a problem, a lot bigger of a problem than was said. But Geno is one of the best coaches in WCBB, he'll figure it out.

As for the boneyard....I try and stick up for 'em, because not all of them are annoying, arrogant, ect... But they've been ticking me off as well. Not only have they been taking the loss out on Strother, but I swear there is a war of the freshman point guards going on between mini Rita, and mini Jen..(Mel and Ketia...I personally would prefere Geno to use Mel because I feel she has the personality and the ability to be a great leader for Uconn,but the yarders are at war over it...I swear...I mean I think they hope the point guard they don't prefere to not perform well in games. Some are absolutely thrilled with Mel not doing well in practice..)

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/11/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I felt exactly the same about Turner. It was like The Diana passed the torch to her last year.
I'm not a UConn fan, but I like Barbara

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/11/05 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barb Turner is as athletic a player as you will find in Div I.

I agree with the analysis regarding the leadership void on the Huskies this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: