RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OT: what happened to augustus?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 01/08/05 1:31 pm    ::: OT: what happened to augustus? Reply Reply with quote

i just turned on the tv and saw her being taken to the locker room. what happened?

PostPosted: 01/08/05 1:35 pm    ::: Re: OT: what happened to augustus? Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
i just turned on the tv and saw her being taken to the locker room. what happened?

Don't know for sure, she ran into the stanchion(sp?) Looked like she went in head first, but it looked like she was holding her elbow ... I'm not sure, what the deal, it was a foul by Hardrick, and the announcers kept saying it was a hard foul, I really thought it wasn't that hard, just normal play, looks like she fell on that elbow, of course she probably got her bell rung also...

They just showed the replay, what do you think?

sambista

PostPosted: 01/08/05 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

never mind - i just saw. she ran like a freight train into the stancheon (sp?), then fell straight down on her elbow. wouldn't be surprised if that jacked up her whole shoulder area. they said it's not likely she'll return this game. damned bummer.

PostPosted: 01/08/05 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the way she came down right on her elbow, and no doubt jacked up the top joint too, reminded me of the way ferdie fell.

PostPosted: 01/08/05 1:41 pm    ::: Re: OT: what happened to augustus? Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
sebibb wrote:

Don't know for sure, she ran into the stanchion(sp?) Looked like she went in head first, but it looked like she was holding her elbow ... I'm not sure, what the deal, it was a foul by Hardrick, and the announcers kept saying it was a hard foul, I really thought it wasn't that hard, just normal play, looks like she fell on that elbow, of course she probably got her bell rung also...

They just showed the replay, what do you think?

imo the foul by hardrick was a common (breakaway) foul.it was the way augustus went into the backstop arm/shoulder first that cauesed the damage

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/08/05 5:21 pm    ::: Re: OT: what happened to augustus? Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

What game were ya'll watching, we didn't get that here in NY.

sambista

PostPosted: 01/08/05 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lsu and georgia. it aired in ny, but i saw it on directv. not sure about cable. now they're saying she's okay - at least the x-rays were negative, and they think she'll be back in a coupla days.

(i enjoyed the tennessee win, too, str8. haven't seen that kind of tennessee comeback win in a long time. uconn was in the catbird seat and blew it.)

PostPosted: 01/08/05 10:46 pm    ::: yep, UConn blew it Reply Reply with quote

I was unhappy, but Tennessee deserved the win-- though I agree with Ted: fire the scoreboard operator! Ugly way to end the first half. (Ugly way to end the second half, too.) Geno has had an absolutely reliable backcourt (not just D and Bird but also Conlon) for three year; now he has a backcourt that can't be trusted to do anything against a decent defense (press or no press), and a marquee shooter who earned her reputation by being the third or fourth player opponents bothered to guard. I want Strother to redeem herself, I want her to make the big shot in the next close big game, and I root for UConn (except when they play the Gophers) but I saw what you saw.

UConn game announcers said X-rays showed no break, and Augustus shoudl return next week; ESPN says a "deep bone bruise" but no swelling, with more evaluation to come:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=250080099 Hope she's alright. Hope Sarah McKay (Indiana) will be alright too: anyone know?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/09/05 1:45 am    ::: Re: yep, UConn blew it Reply Reply with quote

In regards to the scoreboard operator:

While that person made a mistake, one of the assistants for UConn (CD, Jamelle, Tonya, Morgan, or Maria) should have known what the foul situation was. You can't always rely on technology, as it sometimes will bite you in the ass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: