Board Junkies Forums

All Star Starters Announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigbri131014

PostPosted: 06/30/05 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Streaks wrote:
I love both line-ups for the teams. I'm so happy Yo got it over Snow and Leslie cause shes been the best of them. And I'm glad Sheryl and Dawn got spots over the favored players (Whalen, and Holdsclaw) because those players will get their time in the sun, but these players are near the end of their career. They both deserve it. Dont get me wrong, I think Holdsclaw and Whalen have been great, but I just like that these two players got their shot. My only complaint is Becky Hammon over Deanna Nolan. Tweety deserves it for sure. Oh well, both teams are tough! Another west win... Rolling Eyes

Dawn Should be no where near the All Star team. If I was Mique,Whalen,Beard,Nolan and Taj I would put on a show in the All Star game.

Yeah i hear ya on that one thats almost like having Tspoon in the starting five.. Rolling Eyes

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 06/30/05 9:47 pm    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

sid wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/allstar2005/index.html

Totally bogus bullshit...no Sun players??? That's ok, keep winning CT, and show 'em all up. This team plays as a TEAM and has its collective sight on something more important that a popularity contest.

Judy

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 06/30/05 9:50 pm    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

sid wrote:

NM

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/30/05 10:04 pm    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
sid wrote:

NM

fans voting all-star teams invalidates the process, imHo.

i hear ya- just keep on winning, SUN.

herrade

PostPosted: 07/01/05 6:34 am    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

i don't recall a more underperforming starting lineup in the east... even when spoon was in there. it's going to be grim for the east. riley against griffith?!? this won't even be entertainment. it'll be a bloodbath.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 7:57 am    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
riley against griffith?!? this won't even be entertainment. it'll be a bloodbath.

I really like the starting frontcourt for the West. The backcourt isn't too bad either.

gumption72

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:39 am    ::: Re: All Star Starters Announced Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
i don't recall a more underperforming starting lineup in the east... even when spoon was in there. it's going to be grim for the east. riley against griffith?!? this won't even be entertainment. it'll be a bloodbath.

I agree. Hopefully with an excellent coach like Coach T, the starters will only be in for the first few minutes of the game and the 'real' players will go in for the rest and win it for the East. Not that I don't appreciate the respected caliber of the popular voted starters, but I also want to win. Twisted Evil

liveitup!

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better myself!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/01/05 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said it before...they should just put the entire Sun team out there as the All Stars for the East...and they will handle the best in the West. Not sure exactly who would win, but both teams would know they had been in a dog fight, that's for sure.

I find it ridiculous that no Sun player got a starting nod for the East. And as a fan in a Western Conference city, I am very proud to have voted for three Sun players over three hundred times this year.

Like most of you, I just want to see a really great game that showcases the talent we see night in and night out on the national broadcast of this game.

ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
said it before...they should just put the entire Sun team out there as the All Stars for the East...and they will handle the best in the West. Not sure exactly who would win, but both teams would know they had been in a dog fight, that's for sure.

Just how many people would want to watch that? To much "Sun" is not good for you. Laughing

The East will win because Donovan is coaching the West.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would take Margo over Chas. Chas it not deserving to be an All Star, in my opinion.

I would also switch Mighty Mouse for, should I say it, Christon! We don't need 3 PG's 5'6 or less...Dawn & Becky are fine, plus Whalen.

Other than that, I think you're good

Alepp03 wrote:
I'm gonna go on a limb and assume that Taj will be starting in Swin's place.

East
Guards - Becky and Dawn
Forwards - Catch and Swin
Center - Ruth

Bench + 1 to replace Swin presumably... Taj, Whalen, Ann, Sales, Temeka Johnson, Nolan, and Chasity Melvin.

West
Guards - Diana and Sue
Forwards - Sheryl and Lo-J
Center - Yo

Bench... Snow, DeMya, Katie, Claw, Marie, and Betty.

So like, can the West borrow some guards that shoot over 40% from the East... having Betty and Marie at the game, but not KTD, VJ, and Kelly Miller is robbery, when did the East guards take charge?!

I see no reason to take Lisa over Michelle or Nicole for that matter. She has done NOTHING. Unfortunately, I kind of hope she gets picked regardless because otherwise she might get pissed and wake up and start being herself. Holdsclaw and DeMya on the same team, haha.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LuvCatch...I couldn't have said it better myself.

I wonder if Swoopes will be benched or even told not to bother dressing out? You know how those eyes of hers can cut you in two!!! Donovan will no doubt take something Her Majesty says the wrong way and all 100,000 plus fans that voted her in as the most popular player to start in the ASG will be throwing things at their TV's and getting Donna O on the line!

Venting is so much fun...you need to put up a sign like Lucy in Peanuts had...The Doctor is IN...Five Cents.

gumption72

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
Venting is so much fun...you need to put up a sign like Lucy in Peanuts had...The Doctor is IN...Five Cents.

Hahahaha!

Actually, that would be a really good idea for The Donna to make herself a laminated sign like that for herself. She should put one on each side of a Pope-Mobile like contraption for the ASG... she can put on the brakes every now and then to take venting, advice, flirty winks (from those Diana-types? lol) taunts, jeers, occasional tomatoes and compliments from the players and fans alike. It's her big weekend... and The Doctor better be IN... Razz

dukemayo

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hate to say it, but West voters are a whole lot smarter than East voters.
Dawn Staley and Ruth Riley starting?

Tameka Johnson is the best pure PG in the East. Whalen and Hammon can play either guard, and Nolan is the best 2 guard in the East. Those four should all be on the team, with Nolan starting at the 2 and the PG a pick'em from the other three.

Staley should be home resting. The Sting will need all she has to give, and her Olympic turn last year was "time in the sun" enough. It doesn't honor the game and may in fact be embarrassing to her to be chosen. It probably is, if she's as smart as I think she is.

icey23

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Staley should be home resting. The Sting will need all she has to give, and her Olympic turn last year was "time in the sun" enough. It doesn't honor the game and may in fact be embarrassing to her to be chosen. It probably is, if she's as smart as I think she is.

I AGREE.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i also agree ... dawn staley should not be at the all-star game. she shouldnt have even been on the ballot. she sucks and if she was such a great leader then why cant charlotte win. im sick of dawn staley, everyone needs to open their eyes and realize she sucks. her place on the olympic team was a joke too and that should have been the last of her. cant wait for her to retire so the players who deserve to get credit can.

and ruth riley shouldnt be an all-star either. ann wauters and margo dydek are both better than her. the fans digust me with their voting. i dont think we should even have fan voting if the results are gonna turn out like this.

Catch24Rules

PostPosted: 07/03/05 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am surprised at some of the choices on the East team, but am totally shocked that Holdsclaw was not chosen as a starting forward for the West...just totally blows me away!! There are some great players starting for the West, but c'mon ... the way she has played this year ... and no Claw????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: