RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Important Dates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thetruth

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:18 pm    ::: Important Dates Reply Reply with quote

07/07/05 - Mid Season Roster Cut Down

* All contracts that are not terminated by the mid-point of the season become guaranteed for the remainder of the season

08/01/05 - Trading Deadline, 8:00pm EDT

* All trades are subject prior approval of the WNBA. Trades may take place at any time during the calendar year except during beginning at the trade deadline and ending the day after the last game of the WNBA finals.

08/27/05 - Regular season ends

08/28/05 - Playoff Rosters Due 3:00pm EDT

* There is no injured list for the playoffs, wach playoff team must designate the 11 players eligible for the playoffs from all of the regular season lists (active, injured, and suspended).

Last edited by thetruth on 07/27/05 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the dates....I'm sure we will see some cuts by the seventh of July! I only hope the Liberty make some moves!

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Thanks for the dates....I'm sure we will see some cuts by the seventh of July! I only hope the Liberty make some moves!

be careful what you wish for, lib fan. better to hope for smart moves than just plain old moves . . .

PostPosted: 07/02/05 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always wish for smart moves...but Erin and Carter doing nothing ?????

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/02/05 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
I always wish for smart moves...but Erin and Carter doing nothing ?????

The Liberty always have a few players that never see ANY minutes. It's really pointless.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 07/02/05 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nice pun "Streaks"....all Im saying hey get someone that might help in the playoff drive, rather than let them sit on the bench....I am surprised they cut T. Moore rather than cut one of them.

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

at this point, i've concluded that we're expecting patty to think and plan beyond her capacity. she barely has a plan for winning a game on any given night, much less long term or (as if) in the playoffs. the only thing i applaud her for is having given loree moore 10 minutes in the last game (instead of 2). but she should've let her stay. loree should've been in the game those last 3 minutes, feeding to becky instead of letting becky try to pull another one out of her rear end.

not that i feel strongly about it . . .

PostPosted: 07/02/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

but to get back on topic, take this for example: catherine kraayeveld. is there any liberty fan here thinking, "oh, good move!" ??? i didn't think so.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
but to get back on topic, take this for example: catherine kraayeveld. is there any liberty fan here thinking, "oh, good move!" ??? i didn't think so.

I don't think it's that easy to pick up a quality post at this point. Is there somebody out there that you'd rather have seen signed instead of her?

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

VandyWhit wrote:
Quote:

I don't think it's that easy to pick up a quality post at this point. Is there somebody out there that you'd rather have seen signed instead of her?

uh, yeah. pollyanna johns kimbrough. she may not be considered a-list, but i've seen her play enough, and tough enough, to give her a shot over a newbie. she was at least as good for miami as rasmussen was when she was in miami. and look at what rasmussen is doing in houston. is raz a-list? dunno, but she's contributing.

Last edited by sambista on 07/02/05 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/02/05 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Enis? Shocked

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
What about Enis? Shocked

please.

PostPosted: 07/02/05 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please what Question

sambista

PostPosted: 07/02/05 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Please what Question

please, admiral, don't be ridiculous?

pjk is taller and has a better fga. in ppg, they're tied. but pjk is a year younger and, if neither has been playing ball and doing nothing in particular, i'd still wager she's in better shape than enis. but most important, from what i could see, pjk was just coming into her own; enis was saying goodbye to her better days.

i tried to see where these two were now, whether they're playing overseas. what i found instead was keegan's old post on his site from '03, in which he talks about the dispersal draft. it's old, but i'll rest with his words as the last of mine:

Grade: B+

Charlotte: Charlotte probably have one of the most 'complete' rosters in the league. They have a veteran backcourt with some young ones to backup and start in the future, they have a solid wing and have a stud centre with some frontcourt backup. Their weakness is the 4 spot though. Charlotte Smith is really a 3 masquerading as a 4; Shalonda Enis has never replicated her ABL form and is a bit undersized and Erin Buescher is a tweener backup at best. Pollyanna Johns-Kimbrough isn't exactly a saviour but she adds size and experience to the Sting frontcourt. Johns-Kimbrough has been on and off rosters over the years but finally fought her way onto a rotation last year with positive results. That sort of mentality is a good addition to the Sting frontcourt. As a point of trivia, Johns-Kimbrough is returning to the team that drafted her all the way back in 1998 in the 3rd round.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: