RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stinson Waived??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MysticsFan05

PostPosted: 06/30/05 9:36 pm    ::: Stinson Waived?? Reply Reply with quote

Why did PHX trade Pierson for Stinson only to waive Stinson to make room for Stepanova? I don't get it.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/30/05 9:38 pm    ::: Re: Stinson Waived?? Reply Reply with quote

MysticsFan05 wrote:
Why did PHX trade Pierson for Stinson only to waive Stinson to make room for Stepanova? I don't get it.

I'm not sure. I thought it would have been easier to get rid of Kayte.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/30/05 9:41 pm    ::: Re: Stinson Waived?? Reply Reply with quote

MysticsFan05 wrote:

They didn't. They traded PP for the draft pick. Stinson was a throw-in.

PostPosted: 06/30/05 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix did Detroits dirty work with the Stinson waive. How can any fan respect them?

caune

PostPosted: 06/30/05 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Phoenix did Detroits dirty work with the Stinson waive. How can any fan respect them?

You're joking right?

Why would detroit trading her when they knew she'd be waived make the Merc look bad?
There is an "equal trade" rule in this league and a trade has to look equal in the leagues eyes so Stinson and a mid draft pick equal Pierson.

PostPosted: 06/30/05 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So where's her next stop going to be

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
MysticsFan05

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I know is that Stinson did not deserve this.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MysticsFan05 wrote:
All I know is that Stinson did not deserve this.

She could have retired at the conclusion of last season and kept all of her dignity. Nobody forced her to try to stick it out for one more season. Detroit gave her a shot and it didn't work out. Why should they want to keep her around just for the sake of her dignity? The BUSINESS of professional basketball is to WIN games.

As for Phoenix, if they ever wanted her in the first place, they would have made her an offer when she was a Free Agent. She was tossed into the trade in order for books to balance. It was the only way Phoenix was going to get anything at all for Plenette. This kind of trade happens in pro sports....especially pro basketball, all the time.

I understand that Stinson is a favorite.....but she holds just as much responsibility for her fate as any of the teams in question do. Probably more but the truth regarding this seems to be a tough pill to swallow this week.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoyed Stinson in the day, but last year was not her best. I agree that she should have retired.

Sad ending to a wonderful career.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penny Tfan1, I hate to say it...but I see your point...don't say I agree but I do hear you. I think a second round pick is like nothing. There should be a better way for original players to bow out...and you might be right it is up to them to know when to go...its not fair to the fans and new fans to see them when they can't play anymore...We saw the same think happen with T spoon of the Liberty.

PennyTfan1

PostPosted: 07/01/05 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Penny Tfan1, I hate to say it...but I see your point...don't say I agree but I do hear you. I think a second round pick is like nothing. There should be a better way for original players to bow out...and you might be right it is up to them to know when to go...its not fair to the fans and new fans to see them when they can't play anymore...We saw the same think happen with T spoon of the Liberty.

T-Spoon is a GREAT example. Goodness, she could have retired after 2003 and been on top of the world. Last season, it was just sad seeing her play.

Lake Jones is another. I love Lake to death but her last 2 seasons in Cleveland and then her 1 season in Detroit....while she wasn't awful, she wasn't "Lake". It was really difficult to watch her play at the level she was at versus her All-Star level in previous years. All at once, she just lost it. Her outside shot vanished, she missed layins, committed terrible turnovers, lost 2 steps on defense......about the only part of her game that she maintained was her rebounding and that alone might have kept her around the final 2 seasons.

The thing about all 3 players (Stinson, T-Spoon, and Lake) is that I believe all will, or could, be fantastic coaches. That is something they could all do to continue in the game and be quite productive. I would love to see all 3 consider that kind of a path.

Don't pet the sweaty stuff
thetruth

PostPosted: 07/01/05 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
I enjoyed Stinson in the day, but last year was not her best. I agree that she should have retired.

Sad ending to a wonderful career.

Andrea was @ the Shock Game today, from what I hear she wanted to stop playing, she's acting as a assistant coach now.

MoHa21

PostPosted: 07/02/05 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Andrea was @ the Shock Game today, from what I hear she wanted to stop playing, she's acting as a assistant coach now.

That's good news. All the love for Andrea just makes my heart flutter. For years I thought she didn't get the recog she deserved. Her finishes are still the best the league has ever seen. That spin on Swoopes in the All-Star game? Yeah! And she made moves like that every night. Never saw her featured in an ad (other than Charlotte's), I don't think she was ever voted onto an All-Star team (know AD picked her), and with all the local girl hubbub generated by Lynx fans (and others) last year, all I could think of was that Stint won high school titles in Mecklenburg County (Charlotte's in this county), played college ball at State for in-state heroine Kay Yow, and became the core of the Sting, outlasting any other orignal as a starter. Everyone at the Hive knew Stint. She was the local girl, she never fronted, and damn did she bring the game! Her fast break moves should have been the mettle of early league ads. That's what made me watch. Send emails to demand that Charlotte retire her jersey!!!!!! And thanks for showing love.

thetruth

PostPosted: 07/02/05 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes it is. I was told that when the coaches go to watch the film Andrea is always watching it with them. I'm glad she's back with the Shocks!

pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/05 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Stint was left off the 1996 Olympic team in favor of Nikki McCray is just criminal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: