RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Candace Parker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/05/05 4:57 am    ::: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone know if she'll play on Sunday vs UCONN?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/05 8:33 am    ::: Re: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

As of right now, I don't think anyone in the world knows if she will play Sunday, including herself and her trainer, she's practicing, but the last time she flew she had swelling, not unexpected, but it was there.

Tennessee flies up Thurs, and if she makes the trip and there is no swelling or very little, she probably will play, provided nothing else is in the slightest bit wrong, they are really handling her condition with kid gloves right now, they are concerned with blowing the red-shirt for a game or two, I think the UConn game is a possibility, I'm pretty sure she could play in it, and still red shirt.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would be shocked if she DOESN'T play. Even a token appearance, just to give the team a boost, and UConn another wrinkle to think about.

Not a lot of minutes, maybe under 10 even, but I don't think there's anyway she sits out this game.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/05 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I would be shocked if she DOESN'T play. Even a token appearance, just to give the team a boost, and UConn another wrinkle to think about.

Not a lot of minutes, maybe under 10 even, but I don't think there's anyway she sits out this game.

Maybe, maybe not , the latest report which I hadn't read until just now, doesn't look as promising, and they won't risk much of anything with her, I'm not sure about the red-shirt situation and cutoffs and such, so she may be past the cut off point or something, anyway, here is snip from the Tennessee practice reports on the Inside Tennessee site:

INJURY UPDATE: Tye’sha Fluker, who suffered a scratched and bruised cornea after getting poked in the eye at practice Monday, was still wearing an eye patch Tuesday and was held out. The junior center will practice Wednesday, according to Jenny Moshak, associate athletics director for sports medicine. … Candace Parker was held out of Tuesday’s morning and afternoon practice sessions because of swelling in her left knee. She remains day-to-day. She must have two consecutive practices without swelling issues before she will be cleared to play so that makes an appearance against UConn more unlikely. The original plan had Parker making her first game appearance Jan. 13 against Arkansas if all goes well. … Sybil Dosty, who missed the ODU game with a sore foot, has practiced this week and is expected to be fine. She has had two very good practices on both ends of the floor.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

'Course I could be wrong...

Thanks Reb for the update!

Now on the other side, will Barbara Turner play?

stever

PostPosted: 01/05/05 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/10570668.htm

...found this this morning, sounds like interesting times in Knoxville

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wore my Lady Vols sweatshirt to UCLA's game last night but I didn't wear it inside out!

I hope Barbara and Candice both play!

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/05 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
I wore my Lady Vols sweatshirt to UCLA's game last night but I didn't wear it inside out!

I hope Barbara and Candice both play!

First things first, one demerit point, turn your sweatshirt inside out, because you spelled CandAce wrong. Wink

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reb/Slovy, I watched part of Stanford-Washington last night. I was pretty unimpressed by both teams.

Wiggins turned it on after I fell asleep apparently, but she appears pretty green.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/05/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Reb/Slovy, I watched part of Stanford-Washington last night. I was pretty unimpressed by both teams.

Wiggins turned it on after I fell asleep apparently, but she appears pretty green.

Question, have you been impressed by anyone this year, I'm sure you'll come up with Rutgers and LSU, but I'm not being overly impressed with anyone,

I'm a tough critic on Tennessee, but I really think they are losing ball games this year, not just coming up short, they are just so horrid on the Offense, that even with their defense, the offense is so lacking that they can't win some games. I think the offense was ok in the Duke game, they shot horribly, but they did run an offense, other than that game, I'm not sure they have done much of anything.
That game was over a month ago, and I'm not seeing much, if any improvement, it's troubling when you're praying that a freshman gets well, to have an offense, Tenn shouldn't be worrying about that, they have more than enough talent, it's very troubling to hear things about we'll be ok, when Sa'de and Candace get completely up to speed, and things will fall in place when Loree gets well, we should be ok and those players should just be icing, not the entire ingredients for successs.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/05/05 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't seen Duke; the two best teams I've seen thus far (consistency matters!) have been LSU and Baylor. I'm not passing any judgments on Rutgers because without Cappie they weren't the real team, and she's not ready yet to be an impact player.

I think part of the problem is such an unbelievable reliance on freshmen this year to be major parts of a team's success. Just about every top team seems to have at least one impact freshman, and they just aren't consistent night in and night out.

As I said before, I've got a renewed respect for what UConn did two years ago, winning it all in Strother and Turner's freshmen year. It's tough to get all those young'uns on the same page as the coaches and veterans!

That said, there is some awesome ball being played and the conferences are going to be wars!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/05/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="rebkellFirst things first, one demerit point, turn your sweatshirt inside out, because you spelled CandAce wrong. ;)[/quote]

LOL!
I sarted out spelling it the other way and changed it because I thought it was wrong.
I know two women with that name and they both spell it different.

cjavolfan

PostPosted: 01/05/05 7:05 pm    ::: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

I think having Moore back in the lineup will be a big boost, especially on defense. I'm anxious to see how we can run with Moore at the point and Hornbuckle at the 2. I think that look will take us up a notch when it comes to athleticism.

I would love to see Parker play, but would hate it more if she came back to early and did further damage to the knee.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/05/05 10:41 pm    ::: Re: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

The UConn 02/03 championship will always remain as one of my favorite ones. To have a starting lineup of 2 freshmen, 2 role players, and 1 junior star win the NC is pretty special.

Anyways, according to the Summitt, there's not really a big chance of Candace playing against UConn. She has not been able to practice the last two days.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/06/05 8:12 am    ::: Re: Candace Parker Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:

My Bad, I meant Saturday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: