RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Draft day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, and with the Warrior's pick of Ike Diogu, his stock was so high that he wasn't even invited to the draft ceremonies... He's Dunleavy's replacement, but at 6'8", what's the deal? I guess Mullin is thinking of going the way of Phoenix and running some small ball next season... Question

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/29/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
He's Dunleavy's replacement, but at 6'8"

Diogu is a power forward and projects as such in the NBA, unless he miraculously develops quickness and athleticism to play the 3.

On the other hand, if the rumors are true -- that Dunleavy Senior wants to trade for Junior -- would they play Diogu alongside Troy Murphy?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/29/05 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
He's Dunleavy's replacement, but at 6'8"

Diogu is a power forward and projects as such in the NBA, unless he miraculously develops quickness and athleticism to play the 3.

On the other hand, if the rumors are true -- that Dunleavy Senior wants to trade for Junior -- would they play Diogu alongside Troy Murphy?

Dunleavy Junior going to the Clippers is really being considered only if they can't resign SF Bobby Simmons... Mullin is doing a lot to pump Mike Dunleavy up to make him more tradeable, but the performance of Pietrus and the likely relatively large contract demands of Dunleavy, has already sealed his exit... The GSW have time, so if something happens, it will probably be closer to the trading deadline. But if the GSW are going to get hosed, I'd be fine just keeping him. He never complains about riding the pine. Idea

Diogu as a 3 is actually realistic, as the frontline is rather fluid... 3 forwards, 1 center and 2 forwards, 1 forward and 2 guards... etc. I think everybody will be trying to copy Phoenix' small ball strategy next season, so Diogu as a 3 even moreso Shocked

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/30/05 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Diogu as a 3 is actually realistic,

The Golden State assistants were quoted as discussing what Diogu will bring to the interior.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/30/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

The Golden State assistants were quoted as discussing what Diogu will bring to the interior.

Yes, I know. Those assistants also compared 6'8" Diogu to 6'8" Elton Brand... But to me, he's more like 6'8" Anthony Mason, who played the 3, 4 and 5 over his career, and coincidentally, played with Baron Davis while in Charlotte Idea

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/01/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, I know. Those assistants also compared 6'8" Diogu to 6'8" Elton Brand... But to me, he's more like 6'8" Anthony Mason, who played the 3, 4 and 5 over his career, and coincidentally, played with Baron Davis while in Charlotte Idea

Crazy Mason...good ole times. Never thought I'd say that, but the Knicks suck so bad right now that Mason is missed.

PostPosted: 07/01/05 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Crazy Mason...good ole times. Never thought I'd say that, but the Knicks suck so bad right now that Mason is missed.

lol... Yeah, you know I didn't fully realize how crazy Mason was until Joel Przybilla, when talking about the fight between Darius Miles and Maurice Cheeks, told The Oregonian that he's seen worse: "I was in Milwaukee with Anthony Mason, and this was nothing."

And they keep on talking about that Runaway Bride's Crazy Eyes... Arrow

Shocked

The Knicks' future is pretty dim, no doubt... I mean it's gotten to the point that whenever Isiah Thomas gets into an elevator, the operator says the same thing to him: "Basement?" Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: