RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

"The most stupid ruling"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/01/05 10:46 am    ::: "The most stupid ruling" Reply Reply with quote

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html

It might be "unfair for [Barnaby] to suffer the stigmatization of being labeled a sex offender when his crime was not sexually motivated"

PostPosted: 07/01/05 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to post a chunk of this story. The problem here is that "unlawful restraint of a minor" in that state is considered a "sex offense." Pretty funny unless your this dude! State's attorney spokesman Tom Stanton and this judge should have to register as offenders of the principles of truth and justice.

"This is the most stupid ruling the appellate court has rendered in years," said Barnaby's Chicago attorney, Frederick Cohn.

But Cook County state's attorney spokesman Tom Stanton said Barnaby should have to register "because of the proclivity of offenders who restrain children to also commit sex acts or other crimes against them."

In the criminal case against him, Cook County Judge Patrick Morse said that "it's more likely than not" Barnaby planned only "to chastise the girl" when he grabbed her, but "I can't read his mind."

Recognizing the stigma that comes with being labeled as a sex offender, the appellate court said "it is [Barnaby's] actions which have caused him to be stigmatized, not the courts."

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: