RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Congrats Comets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:45 pm    ::: Congrats Comets Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for a good game, and beating the Evil Empire. LOL.

I guess the LJ potty mouth upset AD. She must have unfurled it on AD!

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:47 pm    ::: Re: Congrats Comets Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:
Thanks for a good game, and beating the Evil Empire. LOL.

I guess the LJ potty mouth upset AD. She must have unfurled it on AD!

wow this makes the West alot tighter!

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She must have unfurled it on AD!

I highly doubt that. Maybe at her teammates, definitely at the refs, but she really looks up to Anne. I think she respects her too much to do that.

And how are we the Evil Empire? We didn't beat the Sparks last year, Sacramento did. Seattle was just the recipient of the annual Western Conference Finals collapse by the Monarchs.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The vocabulary word for the day is...

Tiebreakers.

Welcome, 2005 Western Conference, to the plight of the 2004 Eastern Conference.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:

Tiebreakers.

(1) Head-to-head
(2) Conference Record
(3) vs. Teams ultimately at-or-over .500
(4) Head-to-Head cumulative point differential
(5) Coin toss

PostPosted: 06/28/05 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

Tiebreakers.

(1) Head-to-head
(2) Conference Record
(3) vs. Teams ultimately at-or-over .500
(4) Head-to-Head cumulative point differential
(5) Coin toss

Have 2 teams ever had to do the coin toss?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/28/05 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigbri131014 wrote:

Have 2 teams ever had to do the coin toss?

Nope

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="threefrom60"]
Quote:

And how are we the Evil Empire?

Isn't Seattle called the Emerald City ... so it is natural to be called the 'Evil Empire' espicially since the Storm Fans are the most ill-mannered, 'evil-spilling' fans that I have ever read.

But the SPARKS-vs-Storm rivalry is intense. So naturally, a SPARKS fan is going to consider the Storm as the Evil Empire.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Point taken, I suppose. I can't argue that we spill evil. But I want to be sure you know it's, as far as I am concerned and know of, directed solely at all things Spark, and especially Lisa Leslie.

In fact, much to my amazement, the fans at the Key applauded when Chamique was introduced in pre game intros during the first game in Seattle. The only player I know of, in the entire league, who we boo, is Lisa Leslie. During intros at least. During the game, it's really open season, and that goes for any team in this league. I'd expect Storm players to get booed for good plays in other cities, too. That's competition. That's home court advantage. That's what it's all about.

Seattle fans cheer loudly for Katie Smith, Tamika Catchings, Sheryl Swoopes, and even Holdsclaw, to name a few big stars that we have every right to be bitter towards. But you're either on one side of the LJ/LL rivalry or you're on the other. I don't think it's right to ride that fence. So keep right on hatin.

sparkfan33

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
Point taken, I suppose. I can't argue that we spill evil. But I want to be sure you know it's, as far as I am concerned and know of, directed solely at all things Spark, and especially Lisa Leslie.

... other parts deleted ...

You got to be kidding ... there isn't many teams that do not do the "BEAT LA". SPARK fans say Defense, Defense, Defense ... We do not say 'BEAT whatever'.

If the Seattle fans are only rooting against LL, then I think you are smoking something; based on hearing the "Beat LA" at every freaking away game that is televised.

But, I will agree we dislike LoJack just as much for her dissing the best Player in the World. LoJack time is coming, but right now it is LL's time. She is the much better player at this point in time. You let her right groin injury heal, she will shut down the 'young pup'.

AAEmotion

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"You let her right groin injury heal, she will shut down the 'young pup'."

So there *is* an excu... ah I mean reason for her poor shooting of late? I knew it'd have to come out somewhere ...

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
You got to be kidding ... there isn't many teams that do not do the "BEAT LA". SPARK fans say Defense, Defense, Defense ... We do not say 'BEAT whatever'.

Wait, I'm confused. How does every other team hating on the Sparks have anything to do with Seattle hating on other teams? I'm saying, we hate on the Sparks. Sure. We do the Beat LA chant. Yes. But we don't, universally and as a collective unit, trash on any other teams or players. People have their own individual opinions on who they like, dislike, etc. But as a whole, the only team we rag on are the Sparks, and mostly just Lisa.

If everyone else does it too, maybe that should tell you something. What you need to do, to argue back with me, is find proof of Storm fans chanting against or trash talking other players or teams.

I DO love how the league realized it would be a terrible idea to give Lisa Leslie the MVP award at the 2nd game of the Finals as is customary... hahaha. 17,000 woulda booed her right out of the arena.

Quote:
If the Seattle fans are only rooting against LL, then I think you are smoking something

Then you'd think right. But that doesn't change that I'm correct.

ageckogirl

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We only root against the Diva, LL! I will vouch for 3from60 on that.

And as for LL being a better player than LJ.....I am not sure that I would call airballs in force a better player!

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't mind LL that much. I find Thugbika (thanks pilight), lazy arse Teasley and especially Tamecka "Beetlejuice" (thanks Smoovie) Dixon much more objectionable.
threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/29/05 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Keegan, you musn't forget some old classics... Like 3M and Tot's rumble, McCrimmon shoves Tully three rows back at the Key on a fast break from behind, Milton (I think) hooking Adia Barnes leg while she lay on the ground...

Sass

PostPosted: 06/29/05 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good lookin out, threefrom60. Don't forget last year's game in LA where Dixon threw a punch at Betty and was ejected from the game; in 2002 when LL intentionally hit LJ and bruised her femur, and when Milton purposely hit Bird in her already-sore jaw. LA are the ultimate thugs, and they've got the technicals and ejections to prove it.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
threefrom60

PostPosted: 06/29/05 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What was with that elbow Lisa threw in to Birdy's cheek on Friday, too? Yeah, Sue got hit in the face on Sunday in Minnesota and was down for awhile, but I never saw footage of that, and I think it was just an in game thing, something that happens. Watching that game on Friday, Lisa got control of the rebound from Sue, and after she'd secured the ball and Sue was backing off, threw an elbow behind her back in to Sue's face and knocked Sue to the ground. That's how you treat your future Olympic point guard? Jeez. Did Sue punch Lisa's sore groin? I doubt it.

A little Storm retaliation in the unlikeliest of places, though... remember Sue's forearm to Teasley that knocked Teasley on her ass? Sue shook her head and laughed as she walked away. I laughed forever after hearing about that, I bet Nikki never saw that one coming! I'm sure she'd earned it. But what's a little forearm shiver compared to some of the actual fights we've seen go down between these two teams?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 06/29/05 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
so it is natural to be called the 'Evil Empire' espicially since the Storm Fans are the most ill-mannered, 'evil-spilling' fans that I have ever read.

Funny...I was thinking that about the LA Sparks...the players, not the fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: