RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

dear dotcom: get your act together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 06/24/05 7:42 am    ::: dear dotcom: get your act together Reply Reply with quote

this morning, i clicked on "the week that was" link and got the "dish and assist" article on lindsay whalen. this is not the first such mistake, and in the last two weeks we have also seen numerous dead-end links. is it that hard to proof the changes made to the website, especially on the front page?!?

Last edited by herrade on 06/24/05 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
rugger67

PostPosted: 06/24/05 7:58 am    ::: Re: dear dotcom: get your act together Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
this morning, i clicked on "the week that was" link and got the "dish and assist" article on lindsay whalen. this is not the first such mistake, and in the last two weeks we have also seen numerous dead-end links. is it that hard to proof the changes make to the website, especially on the front page?!?

No, it's not hard to proof, but lack of attention to detail on that website seems to be rampant. I think my favorite so far was clicking on the Play of the Day, which said Dawn Staley, and seeing a clip of Feenstra making a basket this morning.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/24/05 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Donna O. I like the old web page better....much easier to use...bring it back!

sambista

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

y'know, as much as i look at that page, i don't really see anything. i swear. i can't tell you a single thing i've seen except the little scores section on the left and the upcoming games listed on the right. the rest of the page is a big blur.

it's too busy, donna!

PostPosted: 06/24/05 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
it's too busy, donna!

I agree.

Maybe it's designed to *look* busy, as to hide its lack of substance (and the apparently dodgy links).
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 06/24/05 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and the slightly pastel color scheme STINKS!!!! hate it hate it hate it all.

PostPosted: 06/27/05 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Flash thing? BAD idea. Some of us don't have access to computers with Flash, so the .com suddenly becomes a big "You need to have Flash 6 to access this" screen.

*stomps on Verizon a couple of times*

PostPosted: 06/27/05 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:

it's too busy, donna!

Totally agree. Too busy and yet hard to find what you're looking for.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/27/05 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish yahoo would bring their courtside thing back. That was very cool and good. But yeah, Donna's too busy.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/27/05 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/features/notesandquotes_050627.html

Phoenix Mercury General Manager Seth Sulka on the return of Maria Stepanova on Saturday:
"It is great for me to be back in Phoenix. The Mercury are my team and I am thankful that they want me to be here. I will work very hard to help my team here so we can be successful."

Mercury center Maria Stepanova, on her return to the team:
"It is exciting to see Maria in Phoenix again. With her full day of travel yesterday and the fact that she hasnt been able to practice with the team, we decided to wait until July 2nd to activate her. We have a break in the schedule this week which will allow us five consecutive days to practice and incorporate her into the team."

----

I still don't like it when players talk about themselves in the third person. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/27/05 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Phoenix Mercury General Manager Seth Sulka on the return of Maria Stepanova on Saturday:
"It is great for me to be back in Phoenix. The Mercury are my team and I am thankful that they want me to be here. I will work very hard to help my team here so we can be successful."

"It is exciting to see Maria in Phoenix again. With her full day of travel yesterday and the fact that she hasnt been able to practice with the team, we decided to wait until July 2nd to activate her. We have a break in the schedule this week which will allow us five consecutive days to practice and incorporate her into the team."

----

I still don't like it when players talk about themselves in the third person. Laughing

speaking of the third person.....read Seth's "quote" as if he is actually the one speaking. Freaking hilarious!!!!!! Laughing Laughing

Don't pet the sweaty stuff
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/27/05 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

----

lol! the jammer finds this positively inspiring!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: