RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

may i just say . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/25/05 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
You guys uh... I mean LADIES (hmm...?) are missing something. This girl is CATNIP to him. She's what's got him dancing on every couch he can find. Before her, where was all this behavior? Come on.

I think it`s all a show...everytime the gay rumors start he finds a new woman

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 06/25/05 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can't we just forget about all the gossip and enjoy that great profile??? lol

most celebs lives are just not that interesting and yet we make them into little gods...

poor tom cruise...poor lil guy who loves the tall women...can you blame him??

PostPosted: 06/25/05 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here you go. from the washington post.

Okay, should we address him as Dr. Tom Cruise from now on? Or will the Rev. Dr. Cruise suffice?

Whatever: Anybody who watched the actor's performance on NBC's "Today" show yesterday witnessed an unsettling transformation. The movie star, who has long embraced Scientology, launched a full-bore assault on the psychiatric profession, sticking to a script that his church (founded, mind you, by a hack science fiction writer) has been promoting for decades.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401866.html

PostPosted: 06/25/05 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hahahahahahahah! to all of that! one of my friends told me today that cruise interviewed a bunch of women, and that's how she was chosen. omigod, this is exactly why i don't waste my time with celebrity crap, but this guy invaded my world, and i don't like it!

PostPosted: 06/25/05 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh, lord. now he's on "106 & park: bet's top 10 live." i don't even watch that show, and he's in my face somehow.

PostPosted: 06/25/05 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
She's not some powerless young waif in the hands of this powerful older man. lol! This little sprite has been around and back and she knows what she's doing. He's the one whose eyesballs have turned into disco biscuits.
All this shit he's doing is bad for his career but it's great for hers because listen up. Two months ago she was a minor celebrity. What I mean by that is in terms of how identifiable she is too the general public. I haven't checked but every single week her score has probably been rocketing. The more noise HE makes, the more famous SHE GETS. Get it?
For her, this whole situation is a bonanza.
She probably thinking (and manipulating him to) "Get out there and do something stupid, stupid."

maybe, jammer, but if she becomes a scientologist, whether for the sake of her career or not, i can't agree that she's manipulating this. don't they expect ALOT of people's earnings to be donated to their 'church?' i saw Cruise on that coach on Oprah's show, and although it was over the top, i thought he was just being silly -- not crazy -- and definitely trying to drum up interested in him prior to WOTW premiere, or whatever. i figured this was a publicity merger for them, as has been posited by many in the media, but given her age and the supposed story of her childhood crush, i can see her being overly impressed with Cruise as well, and the whole adventure working on various levels. or maybe that story is apocryphal, to instill credibility to their romance. whatever. why am i even wasting my time (and yours) talking about this silliness? i hate all this celebrity crap. it seems i just can't help myself.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/25/05 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
why am i even wasting my time (and yours) talking about this silliness? i hate all this celebrity crap. it seems i just can't help myself.

Every once in a while, Tara, one of these celeb stories contains enough of the required elements to warrant our fascination. This is a classic fall. And I think you and I had this exact conversation last year or so about another big story. (Or I'm just having serious board deja-vu. But I think I had deja-vu that time also. Laughing )

PostPosted: 06/25/05 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
why am i even wasting my time (and yours) talking about this silliness? i hate all this celebrity crap. it seems i just can't help myself.

Every once in a while, Tara, one of these celeb stories contains enough of the required elements to warrant our fascination. This is a classic fall. And I think you and I had this exact conversation last year or so about another big story. (Or I'm just having serious board deja-vu. But I think I had deja-vu that time also. Laughing )

Well, Jammer, you may be right about the 'classic fall.' as far as a similar conversation last year, i'm sorry, but i don't remember.

And now, for my bigger decision of the night -- do I open the 2000 Bordeaux or the 1998? Wink

jersey_stupka

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 06/25/05 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

open them both and get bombed...

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: