RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

All-Star voting issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 06/21/05 7:18 pm    ::: All-Star voting issues Reply Reply with quote

Just thought I'd let you all know that the problem with this week's All-Star voting may not be, well, a problem. The real problem, as I understand it, was last week's voting. I'm still waiting on official confirmation, but basically, last week's voting was improperly counted. Rolling Eyes Apparently, this week's voting is accurate and reflects both on-line and paper balloting. When I get more info, I'll post it.

wadethered

PostPosted: 06/21/05 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I cannot believe that these are the real vote counts. There is no way that the city of Houston is overpowering the rest of the country so lopsidedly.

bigant

PostPosted: 06/22/05 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is a big jump all of sudden michelle snow is the leading center, not a knock on snow because i do like her, but houston has a serious attendance drop this year by almost 2000 a game and i don't really see the fan interest out there like that. And Janeth Arcain is not a forward and even if she was she would not have more votes than LJ and mique in the western conf.

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 06/22/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Got confirmation from the league that the recent voting numbers are accurate. It was, in fact, last week's numbers that were inaccurate. I can't explain why Houston players are dominating voting like that; maybe certain arenas have not turned in all their paper ballots yet and Houston has. In any case, I have been assured that these are the totals through Monday. Strange as it may seem.

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/22/05 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All-Stars have always been a bit of a joke to me... but this is just too much.
umbeta1455

PostPosted: 06/22/05 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope the ratings are low for the all star game. Because as of right now it's a joke. It hink something is being hacked. Snow I thought was crazy, but even worse is Canty.

And if snow is starting center, will they be able to have both LL and Yo in the all star game. Because if they can only choose one, Yo deserves it more than LL.

icey23

PostPosted: 06/22/05 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
I hope the ratings are low for the all star game. Because as of right now it's a joke. It hink something is being hacked. Snow I thought was crazy, but even worse is Canty.

And if snow is starting center, will they be able to have both LL and Yo in the all star game. Because if they can only choose one, Yo deserves it more than LL.

If Snow does start, LL and YO will both be there.

PostPosted: 06/22/05 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
Snow I thought was crazy, but even worse is Canty.

Hey...It could be worse. Tiffani Johnson could've still been on the Comets, and receive the most votes at center.

I'd wet myself from laughing so hard if that actually happened.

Could you imagine if Canty actually starts?

sparkfan33

PostPosted: 06/22/05 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given the West Starters, the East will finally win. LOL!

pilight

PostPosted: 06/23/05 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, why is Lisa Leslie any more likely an All-Star than Michelle Snow? One is averaging 13 points and 6 rebounds, the other 14 and 5. Snow is shooting 61% from the floor, Leslie 39%. I'm not seeing why Snow over Leslie is such a crime.

PostPosted: 06/23/05 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why is Lisa Leslie any more likely an All-Star than Michelle Snow? One is averaging 13 points and 6 rebounds, the other 14 and 5. Snow is shooting 61% from the floor, Leslie 39%. I'm not seeing why Snow over Leslie is such a crime.

You are correct pilight. Snow is having an outstanding year and is worthy of consideration. In my case, it's just a prejudice of if I only see one game from the West coast teams in my building during the year, I would personally prefer to see a "legend" come in a second time, like an all star game, than an up and coming player.

SORF

PostPosted: 06/23/05 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I have heard was the first reporting included the on-line votes counted twice. That is why the totals of some players dropped on the second reporting.

As for the Comets, we have been voting since the first home game...that is a total of 5 games so far. Cool

pilight

PostPosted: 06/23/05 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, but nobody's actually showing up at Comet games. Embarassed

PostPosted: 06/23/05 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how many teams have had "voting parties?" i've heard about those.

at the last Lib game (v San Anton) there was a guy giving out ballots at a table with a list of 'rewards' - for 50 completed ballots you got a Lib keychain, for 100 a Lib tshirt, etc. not only did i not hear them announce it (instead i was told by mathmaggie to go to this table at gate 67) but i'm pretty sure they've never done that before. input?

SORF

PostPosted: 06/23/05 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We can fill out as many ballots as we want...there is no limit.

The only rule you must follow is to vote for each conference...you can not vote just Comets in the Western conference only. So if the Comet fans are stuffing the ballot box, the eastern conference players are benefitting too.

Personally, I haven't filled out a paper ballot yet. I vote online. Some Comet fans do both.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 06/23/05 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SORF wrote:

The only rule you must follow is to vote for each conference...you can not vote just Comets in the Western conference only. So if the Comet fans are stuffing the ballot box, the eastern conference players are benefitting too.

Personally, I haven't filled out a paper ballot yet. I vote online. Some Comet fans do both.

Interesting point, SORF...I just looked over on the stormfans board and they apparently, in their last push last night, just voted for the Storm players, not bothering to vote for the Eastern Conference side of the ballot. They seem to think that Comets fans just stuff the ballot boxes with their players, so they were going to do the same. I personally filled out both sides of each ballot I submitted, plus filled in the write in's for both conferences. I voted for the players I think are playing the best basketball...some of them just happen to be my favorites, too.

It will be interesting to find out whether the incomplete ballots count for all that hard work. I htink everybody needs to just relax until the final counts are in...there are some obvious reasons for the way the Comets votes were up...they won't have any more votes coming in.

Of course, the league hates the Comets, so this might have been a back-handed way of hacking off the fans of other teams to get them to stuff the ballot boxes...LOL.

pwe

PostPosted: 06/23/05 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="4ever_bball_fan"]
SORF wrote:

according to the Storm front office folks at the game last night this is not true. They said even one vote makes the ballot valid.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 06/23/05 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Makes sense pwe.

SORF

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is what the Comets organization insists on...according to the Comets organization, paper ballots turned in with only one conference marked, are voided.

How do I know? Because I turned in about 20 paper ballots a couple of years with only the Western Conference players marked. (Voted for Yo over Lisa Wink ) They gave them back to me and said they would be voided if both conferences were not filled out. Shocked

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How hard is it to fill in an extra 5 bubbles? Shocked Question

bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do any of you collectors have an all star ballot in your possession?

If they have the balloting rules on them matbe you can answer this definitively.

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bigsportzbabe wrote:
Do any of you collectors have an all star ballot in your possession?

If they have the balloting rules on them matbe you can answer this definitively.

WNBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING RULES:
1. In each Conference, vote for two forwards, two guards, and one center. Punch out the circle next to the nominees. Voting for more than the specified number of players at any position voids all votes for tha position. If you wish to vote for a player other tan the nominees, print the player's last name, first initial and position in the write-in section.
2. Completion of optional questions will have no bearing on selection of players and/or winners.
3. Deposit ballot in official ballot boxes at WNBA arenas or mail your ballot to: WNBA ALL-STAR BALLOTING Sweepstakes....(address here)
4. Ballots must be deposited in official ballot boxes by 6.23.05 or if mailed in, received by 6.30/05.
5. All eligible ballots will be tabulated under the supervision of TMC GROUP, LLC, an independent judging agency.
6. A player traded inter-conference after publication of this ballot will be eligible only in the Conference to which she is traded.
7. The decsicions of the WNBA are final in all matters concerning this program.
8. No employee of WNBA Enterprises, LLC, the WNBA, or its team operators is eligible to vote in the All-Star Program.

(emphasis added)

inky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

Interesting point, SORF...I just looked over on the stormfans board and they apparently, in their last push last night, just voted for the Storm players, not bothering to vote for the Eastern Conference side of the ballot. They seem to think that Comets fans just stuff the ballot boxes with their players, so they were going to do the same.

I just checked over there. The hordes of notorious one-sided biased Storm ballot punchers, or as they're called here, "they," is one single, solitary StormFans.org poster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: