RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Feenstra/Anderson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mysticsfan07

PostPosted: 06/23/05 11:01 pm    ::: Feenstra/Anderson Reply Reply with quote

IMO Feenstra should be starting over Anderson... In less minutes this year she has bann more productive (especially on the boards).

Something that I can't understand- Chantelle Anderson, a 6-6 athletic center, can only manage to get less than 2 rebounds per game, in 20 mpg. I just can't understand that.

LTechLennox22

PostPosted: 06/23/05 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anderson has no rebounding skills, period!

Feenstra had 11 rebounds in 28 minutes tonight and 6 of those were offensive rebounds!

She is my choice for ROY so far.

Can you imagine how happy Monarchs coach John Whisenant is to not have Anderson anymore??

PostPosted: 06/23/05 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think its only a matter of a time Feenstra gets her starting spot. Anderson gets way too frustrated and fouls quickly. Its tough for her cause I see potential, but in her first few years in the league, she sat on the bench a lot with the Monarchs. This is like her rookie season all over again. Unfortunately for her, Feenstra is out-doing her.

bkvbkvbkv

PostPosted: 06/23/05 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree on everything 100%. The only problem I have is that almost EVERYONE was quick to dismiss Feenstra at the beginning of the year...in the long run the Monarchs got paid with their two trades, but what about Conn, I can see Feenstra doing the same things Dydek has this year but she would have done it for a longer career span. Opinions?

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will venture to say that.....Katie Feenstra will have a better career than Margo Dydek. And in the long-span of everything, San Antonio will like that trade. Right now, they're so young that they don't necessarily "love" it right now but thought it was the right thing to do.

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
I will venture to say that.....Katie Feenstra will have a better career than Margo Dydek.

I will be very surprised if that happens.

Look at Margo's career numbers, they're pretty decent. She probably has underachieved but don't let that cloud your judgment - Margo has had a fine WNBA career.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Streaks wrote:
I will venture to say that.....Katie Feenstra will have a better career than Margo Dydek.

Look at Margo's career numbers, they're pretty decent. She probably has underachieved but don't let that cloud your judgment - Margo has had a fine WNBA career.

This is what I have been trying to point out for months. Margo is hardly an also-ran when it comes to her career. She has better career numbers than almost every other center in the league.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 06/24/05 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Streaks wrote:

This is what I have been trying to point out for months. Margo is hardly an also-ran when it comes to her career. She has better career numbers than almost every other center in the league.

Until they discussed trade, I had overlooked Margo as well. Then I looked up her numbers, and you're both right, she may have underachieved, but she has been a pretty solid player.

I think Feenstra will be a solid player as well, but I don't know how she'll compare to Margo over the long term.

VandyWhit

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Neither Feenstra or Anderson has been consistent to date. If you look at any given game . . heck, any given half, one or the other might be having a better game -- with the exception that Feenstra is consistently a much better rebounder. Since rebounding has never been one of Anderson's strengths, that's not a surprise.

I think Chantelle has made some noticeable steps forward, and since I like Chantelle very much, I'm somewhat encouraged. But she still needs to find a way to find better balance mentally. When something doesn't go right, I think it affects her, and the end result is like a train wreck where one car crashes and the rest ile up behind. Sometimes during halftime, it seems like she's able to adjust and get her head on straight, but it appears that it's hard for her to do during the course of the game. When something bad happens, you have to immediately put it behind you and be ready for whatever 's coming next. I think that is hard for Chantelle, something she has to work to overcome, and she isn't always able to do it. I think that's why she picks up fouls in quick succession sometimes.

Occasionally in the post rotation, both Feenstra and Anderson are on the floor at the same time. Since they both can play both low and high post, maybe it won't turn out to be an either-or. Anyhow, having two very tall players with potential is a nice problem for a coach to have, if only he can figure out how to get it all working together.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Margo was having a tough time in SA and credit has to go to Mike T, in turning her around...and of course to Margo for making the most of a new start. Can't wait to see Margo going against Ann in MSG.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hughes is trying to find ways to play Chantelle and Katie at the same time. But, those Twin Towers will have a completely different look from the Lynx Twin Towers. Chantelle has a bit better outside shot than Ohlde does at this time, but once Nicole gets comfortable shooting from the outside, that will be a formidable duo.

The few times I have seen Anderson and Feenstra on the floor together, it has the makings of some magic. Chantelle can let the outside jumper rip because she knows that Katie will be there to clean things up...and, Chantelle can get those looks because you never know when Ferdinand is going to go off and Palmer-Daniel ain't nothin' to ignore either.

The Silver Stars have some good players...they just have to keep changing the play book every week due to injuries. This might really be a team that is rebuilding, and like their male counterparts have become, they might be a force to reckon with in the next couple of years. Not saying they will win it all, but they can be a team of upsets the league leaders at the worst possible time.

My take...

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/24/05 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And unlike their fellow cellar dwellers, I think the SASS is a team that will keep improving as the season goes on. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go close to .500 in the last few games of the season. I don't think I can say the same about Charlotte or Phoenix without so shake-ups.

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
And unlike their fellow cellar dwellers, I think the SASS is a team that will keep improving as the season goes on. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go close to .500 in the last few games of the season. I don't think I can say the same about Charlotte or Phoenix without so shake-ups.

I agree. San Antonio is very young and i guess you could say they have a good excuse to be struggling. I've seen them improve already. Remember, they're missing Wecker and Thomas.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bringing Feenstra off the bench appears to be just a coaching decision, so that they actually have some scoring punch off the bench... Dan Hughes definitely likes playing multiple posts at a time... happened regularly in Cleveland. He even instituted it this season, by playing the 6'2" LaToya Thomas as the SF! Shocked

Keegan

PostPosted: 06/24/05 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Phoenix will get better as the season goes along. We have our technical problems but we will get better as the season goes along, especially since we have a bunch of home games left.

On a related note, maybe Graffy should consider putting Penny onto IR for a bit of R&R.
mysticsfan07

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How fast is Chantelle? Also, are her defensive skills good enough to guard most PFs? A front-line of 6-6 and 6-8 would be tough...

As far as Katie for ROY, I don't think she comes close to Johnson at this point. One thing that sets Johnson apart from other rookies is that she is our full time PG, running the team, and I am very suprised that she was able to adjust so quickly. I was NOT happy when we drafted her, but my opinion of her has changed a lot.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/24/05 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I agree. San Antonio is very young and i guess you could say they have a good excuse to be struggling. I've seen them improve already. Remember, they're missing Wecker and Thomas.

Yeah, and breaking in a new coach too... It's one of the big reasons why Hughes isn't on the hot seat but Trudi and Graf are Idea

bullsky

PostPosted: 06/24/05 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that next year that the Silver Stars will definetly get a top four pick. Probably with Phoenix, Chicago and then a lucky team. And looking at next years fab four, almost every one of them would help the silver stars out. Young would be a great post player along with Feenstra, and Thomas. Currie and Augustus have great shots. Very Ferdinand-like. And then of course Cappie is a quick go to guard that they need. San Antonio could be building for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: