RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mississippi Earning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caune

PostPosted: 06/23/05 6:23 pm    ::: Mississippi Earning Reply Reply with quote

This snipet and commentary are from www.wonkette.com
I just thought the reply from Greg Beato was funny enough to share

Mississippi Earning
In the midst of addressing Social Security reform today, President Bush told an interesting story to some high school kids in Maryland:

President Bush: "I'll tell you an interesting story. I was at an automobile plant in Mississippi...and I was with the line workers. And I said, how many of you all have 401(k)s? In other words, how many of you are managing your own money? And I bet 90 -- I didn't count, but a lot, 90 percent of the hands went up. These are people from all walks of life, all income groups. It's amazing how quick you become financially literate when you're watching your own money, in other words."

It's true too! The line workers at that automobile plant come from all walks of life and all income groups. Some are doctors, some are civil servants, some are line workers. And, similarly, some are in the top tax bracket, some are middle class, some are dirt-poor. So what unites them? Their love of monotonous but stressful assembly line work, and the financial independence they've achieved through personal retirement accounts that allows them to pursue this passion of theirs. How come the enemies of Social Security reform have such a hard time understanding this stuff? — GREG BEATO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: