RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Penn State - Amber freed....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shock6666

PostPosted: 06/17/05 1:01 pm    ::: Penn State - Amber freed.... Reply Reply with quote

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatehoopswomen/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1118827386181980.xml&coll=1

Finally! It took a plea to the higher ups but the girl is free and has a school in mind for next year....

CRASH

PostPosted: 06/17/05 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so glad to hear that!
Thank god!! Smile

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 06/18/05 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this thing pisses me off so much I can't even believe it. What sort of school allows a nut like that to keep her job?

God, I can't wait to wipe the damn floor with them next year...

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 06/18/05 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, as much as she should have probably been gone long ago for some of her policies, I hope the losses Penn State will suffer during the next couple seasons of "rebuilding" will do the trick.

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 06/19/05 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I don't get is, what skin is it off Rene's nose to give the kid a release if she doesn't want her around? Parents of recruits, if not the recruits themselves, should be paying close attention to how PSU (Portland, athletic department, administration and all) have handled this situation. I'm sure some (maybe many) recruits think, "I'm not Lesbian, so this won't affect me." But I don't believe in selective hatred. I think if you're outwardly that mean-spirited towards one group of people, you are inwardly that mean-spirited towards everyone.

Gaucho Don wrote:
Well, as much as she should have probably been gone long ago for some of her policies, I hope the losses Penn State will suffer during the next couple seasons of "rebuilding" will do the trick.

PostPosted: 06/20/05 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Parents of recruits, if not the recruits themselves, should be paying close attention to how PSU (Portland, athletic department, administration and all) have handled this situation.

Parents are unlikely to hear what's been going on in the womens basketball program at State College, unless they hear it from someone with an ear tuned to the womens' basketball network..

There is no major city close to Penn State. The papers in the nearest cities (Philadelphia and Pittsburgh) don't give much coverage to the womens basketball program at Penn State.. and the reporters at the small town newspapers close to State College come under heavy handed editing when anything critical is said about the program or Rene..

As an example, this dedicated newspaper forum
http://www.pennlive.com/forums/psuhoopswomen/
has been editing out a lot of the content critical of Rene Portland. It has been running at 60-70% against Portland but you wouldn't know it by reading the forum. Check the post numbers to see how just many posts have been excised and you get an idea how conducive it is to discussion.

This mixed forum, Blue & White
http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=36&mid=53977785&sid=&tid=53977785&style=1
has removed the entire thread devoted to the Harris-Etienne-Bland situation, as well as their own coverage of the incident.

Only this forum
http://www.pennstatehoops.com/modules/phpBB2.10/
mostly PSU mens' basketball and its fans, has allowed open discussion of the events which have transpired since the Penn State LL loss in the NCAA Tournament to Liberty..

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 06/21/05 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii: that's some fantastic detective work you did Exclamation

FeFi

PostPosted: 06/22/05 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's with all the cover up? Makes me think PSU is pulling strings or something...for what reason? To appease RP or to protect its image? Either way, it's bullshit. The sooner RP is gone, the better women's sports will be overall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: