RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Finals in Russia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/05/07 11:27 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Chasity Melvin's 20 points and 11 rebounds helped Dinamo Moskovskaya close out its series with Chevakata on Saturday. Meanwhile, Kursk used a 38-22 rebounding edge to force Game 3 against Chevakata.

Fifth Place
Dynamo (Kursk) 68, Nadezhda (Orenburg) 58
KUR: Vedlja 21, Fomina 12, Bocharova 11
NAD: Veremeenko 14, Khilkova 9, Ogorodnikova 6, Ovcharenko 6, Shamanina 6
(Series tied, 1-1)

Seventh Place
Dinamo (Moskovskaya obl.) 75, Vologda-Chevakata (Vologda) 66
DIN: Melvin 20, Danilotchkina 17, Tokareva 14 (Scott 8)
VOL: Johnson 14, Sokolovskaia 13, Bokareva 8 (Baranova 7)
(Dinamo Moskovskaya obl. wins series, 2-0)

Marjie

PostPosted: 05/06/07 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMMC vs. Dynamo (Moscow) has just started. Best of 5 and tied 1-1
http://www.basket.ru/old_site/game.asp?ID=43539&v=events&l=e

Marjie

PostPosted: 05/06/07 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UMMC defeated Dynamo by a score of 65 to 56. Ford had 18 pts & 18 reb.

Spartak vs CSKA is about to start:

http://www.basket.ru/old_site/game.asp?ID=43534&v=events&l=e

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/06/07 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DAYUM! LJ just went off. She had single digits last I looked, now 17 points.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/06/07 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samara wins 86-83
Short BBallFan512583

PostPosted: 05/06/07 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83

So close........ Mad

Twitter: @_Short1_
mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/06/07 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Short BBallFan512583 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83

So close........ Mad

All right, I know this is bad..but I want them home (and I doubt it will actually happen anyway..)

Go Samara..

PostPosted: 05/06/07 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Short BBallFan512583 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Samara wins 86-83

So close........ Mad

All right, I know this is bad..but I want them home (and I doubt it will actually happen anyway..)

Go Samara..

I don't want it to go 5 either......I was hoping whoever would win it would do so in 3!!!!

Twitter: @_Short1_
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/06/07 8:47 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Edwige Lawson-Wade's three-pointer capped a 13-2 fourth-quarter rally and Samara went ahead 2-1 with Sunday's victory at Spartak. Cheryl Ford collected 18 points and 18 rebounds and Ekaterinburg outscored Dynamo Moscow 13-2 in the final five minutes to win.

Championship
CSKA (Samara) 86, Spartak (Vidnoe) 83
SPA: Thompson 21, Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17 (Taurasi 14, Bird 4, Osipova 0, Penicheiro 0)
SAM: Wauters 19, Arteshina 16, Lawson-Wade 16 (Korstin 10, Walker 10, Valdemoro 8, Stepanova 7)
(CSKA Samara leads series, 2-1)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 65, Dynamo (Moscow) 56
EKA: Ford 18, Sytniak 9, Kuzina 8, Sauret-Gillespie 8, Whalen 8 (Barnes 6)
MOS: Brunson 10, Martinez 10, Shchegoleva 10 (Vodopyanova 9)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg leads series, 2-1)

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:52 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Edwige Lawson-Wade's three-pointer capped a 13-2 fourth-quarter rally and Samara went ahead 2-1 with Sunday's victory at Spartak. Cheryl Ford collected 18 points and 18 rebounds and Ekaterinburg outscored Dynamo Moscow 13-2 in the final five minutes to win.

Championship
CSKA (Samara) 86, Spartak (Vidnoe) 83
SPA: Thompson 21, Abrosimova 17, Jackson 17 (Taurasi 14, Bird 4, Osipova 0, Penicheiro 0)
SAM: Wauters 19, Arteshina 16, Lawson-Wade 16 (Korstin 10, Walker 10, Valdemoro 8, Stepanova 7)
(CSKA Samara leads series, 2-1)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 65, Dynamo (Moscow) 56
EKA: Ford 18, Sytniak 9, Kuzina 8, Sauret-Gillespie 8, Whalen 8 (Barnes 6)
MOS: Brunson 10, Martinez 10, Shchegoleva 10 (Vodopyanova 9)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg leads series, 2-1)

Lemme get this straight. Spartak has Jackson, Bird, Taurasi, Thompson, Penicheiro, and a (clearly) happy Abrosimova* -- and they're not WIPING THE FLOOR with their opponent? What -- are they partying too much? What does it take? I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

*pd - I'm reminded of a quote of hers we discussed in Sampa Wink

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:22 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

Don't discount the effect the two-Russian rule has on this series. Samara has three starters from the national team on its roster, while Spartak has to piece together a lineup with Russians of significantly lesser caliber. Korstin/Arteshina/Stepanova vs. Karpunina/Abrosimova/Osipova is a bigger mismatch in favor of Samara than Jackson/Thompson/Taurasi/Bird vs. Wauters/Walker/Valdemoro/Lawson-Wade is for Spartak, I think...

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:34 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I know their opponents are no slouches, but come ON! Two former Libbies are kicking their butts - one of them a mid-season signee! I'm really surprised here. Am I missing something?

Don't discount the effect the two-Russian rule has on this series. Samara has three starters from the national team on its roster, while Spartak has to piece together a lineup with Russians of significantly lesser caliber. Korstin/Arteshina/Stepanova vs. Karpunina/Abrosimova/Osipova is a bigger mismatch in favor of Samara than Jackson/Thompson/Taurasi/Bird vs. Wauters/Walker/Valdemoro/Lawson-Wade is for Spartak, I think...

I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule? Can you tell me exactly what it is if that's not it? And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

ps- on a somewhat unrelated note, do you know where Laura Summerton is?

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:47 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule?

Yes, at least two Russian players must be on the court at all times. Sunday's box score reveals that Spartak's contingent logged exactly 80 minutes of playing time, the bare minimum for a regulation game...

thesixthwoman wrote:
And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

I believe this recent study answers that question...

thesixthwoman wrote:

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 05/07/07 2:00 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
I misunderstood that rule - I thought it was about who could play for your team in general (and I figured they were just breaking it or something...) not who could play on the floor at the same time! Is that the rule?

Yes, at least two Russian players must be on the court at all times. Sunday's box score reveals that Spartak's contingent logged exactly 80 minutes of playing time, the bare minimum for a regulation game...

okay...

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:
And forgive me for belaboring the point here, but why have all these WNBA superstars on your team -- and pay them all this big money -- if you can't use them together?

HA! Thanks for the laugh! And to think I actually thought you were leading me to some cost/benefit analysis of WNBA players in Russian leagues!

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

At the moment, no. A week ago she was in Priolo getting knocked out of the Italian league playoffs...

that works for now -thank you - I guess I'm just wondering if she's expected to show up in CT anytime soon...

Marjie

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spartak (Moscow region) - CSKA (Samara) is now tied up, 2-2.
Spartak won 69-60
Final on May 10th.

UMMC Won 74-59 to take 3rd.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's going to the limit...Tina, et al. better win that darned thing!!!

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:34 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

okay...

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

HA! Thanks for the laugh! And to think I actually thought you were leading me to some cost/benefit analysis of WNBA players in Russian leagues!

p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

that works for now -thank you - I guess I'm just wondering if she's expected to show up in CT anytime soon...

i heard summerton was working on her visa to get back.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:38 am    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

ndnae wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

i heard summerton was working on her visa to get back.[/quote]

Trying to recall, the Penny Taylor fiasco....don't the Aussies have to return home before they can come to the US? I was wondering if Summerton would be there tomorrow night, or Friday night's practice for that matter.

cometsdrivefor5

PostPosted: 05/07/07 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

Yeah for real and bring her arse home!!! Evil or Very Mad

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:33 pm    ::: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

Diana Taurasi scored 22 points in just 18 minutes to help Spartak remain alive on Monday. Samara sliced an 11-point deficit to 53-49 early in the fourth quarter before two straight Taurasi baskets quelled the rally. Samara was led by Ann Wauters' 23 points. Meanwhile, Ekaterinburg wrapped up third place at home behind a monster 26-point, 19-rebound effort from Cheryl Ford.

Championship
Spartak (Vidnoe) 69, CSKA (Samara) 60
SPA: Taurasi 22, Thompson 18, Jackson 10 (Bird 8, Abrosimova 2, Osipova 0)
SAM: Wauters 23, Arteshina 15, Stepanova 11 (Lawson-Wade 4, Korstin 3, Walker 1, Valdemoro 0)
(Series tied, 2-2)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 74, Dynamo (Moscow) 59
EKA: Ford 26, Zakaluzhnaya 18, Karpova 10 (Whalen 5, Barnes 2, Sauret-Gillespie 2)
MOS: Rakhmatulina 17, Vodopyanova 14, Jekabsone 12 (Brunson 10, Martinez 3)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg wins series, 3-1)

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/07/07 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YEEEESSSSS!!!! Get Lindsay on the first plane to CT will ya? Wink

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:31 pm    ::: Re: Finals in Russia Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Diana Taurasi scored 22 points in just 18 minutes to help Spartak remain alive on Monday. Samara sliced an 11-point deficit to 53-49 early in the fourth quarter before two straight Taurasi baskets quelled the rally. Samara was led by Ann Wauters' 23 points. Meanwhile, Ekaterinburg wrapped up third place at home behind a monster 26-point, 19-rebound effort from Cheryl Ford.

Championship
Spartak (Vidnoe) 69, CSKA (Samara) 60
SPA: Taurasi 22, Thompson 18, Jackson 10 (Bird 8, Abrosimova 2, Osipova 0)
SAM: Wauters 23, Arteshina 15, Stepanova 11 (Lawson-Wade 4, Korstin 3, Walker 1, Valdemoro 0)
(Series tied, 2-2)

Third Place
UMMC (Ekaterinburg) 74, Dynamo (Moscow) 59
EKA: Ford 26, Zakaluzhnaya 18, Karpova 10 (Whalen 5, Barnes 2, Sauret-Gillespie 2)
MOS: Rakhmatulina 17, Vodopyanova 14, Jekabsone 12 (Brunson 10, Martinez 3)
(UMMC Ekaterinburg wins series, 3-1)

Taurasi would have a great game.. Confused

Come home...and bring LJ with ya..

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

Yeah for real and bring her arse home!!! Evil or Very Mad

At least you are only missing one player, we still are without Sue and LJ, and with the last game not until thrusday I doubt we will get them for the last pre-season game on Friday. Razz

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
caune

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it depends on what country you are in atm...but I'm pretty sure Aussies have to go home to get their Visa then come to the states.
Penny and Belinda finished a week ago so in Italy. I'm making inquiries as to when they will be here in Phoenix...I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything.

PostPosted: 05/07/07 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That really is a messed up deal, Lakota. I am wondering how strong the Storm are going to start, not having LJ, Sue, and Betty in camp at all. Not that they are not consumate professionals, but you know they are going to be a bit fatigued, and have not had the opportunity to do the conditioning work that is also done in camp...everyone's least favorite part.

I know they have all been playing, but I also have heard players say that when it gets late into the season...even as short as the WNBA season is...they are grateful for the investment they made in conditioning during training camp.

I guess we will see what we will see. I also think Maiga-Ba is still out of camp, right ya'll? And, she has never played with the Comets, so that will be interesting to see how long it takes for her to get acclimated.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: