RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Law & Order's Lennie Briscoe Passes Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/29/04 10:45 am    ::: Law & Order's Lennie Briscoe Passes Away Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Law & Order" star Jerry Orbach has died of prostate cancer at 69, a representative of the show said Wednesday.

Orbach died Tuesday night in Manhattan after several weeks of treatment, Audrey Davis of the public relations agency Lippin Group said.

When his illness was diagnosed, he had begun production on NBC's upcoming spinoff "Law & Order: Trial By Jury," after 12 seasons playing Detective Lennie Briscoe in the original series. His return to the new show had been expected early next year.

On Broadway, the Bronx-born Orbach starred in hit musicals including "Carnival," "Promises, Promises" (for which he won a Tony Award), "Chicago" and "42nd Street."

Among his film appearances were roles in "Dirty Dancing," "Prince of the City" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

One of my favorite character actors. A real shame. Sad

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/29/04 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NO!

Orbach was a terrific song and dance man, performing an incredible rendition of "Try to Remember" from "The Fantasticks."

Oh, and then there was Lumiere in "Beauty and the Beast."

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/29/04 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oui!

Try to Remember was such a wonderful song, the way he did it. I loved him as an actor; Law & Order hasn't been the same this season, and every movie role he took on with such pizzazz. He will be missed!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/29/04 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great memorial to Jerry Orbach in terms of his Law and Order past only.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6765648/

Some past Lennie Briscoe cynical quips:

Green: “Did anyone find any type of weapon in Peter Rubin’s home?”
Briscoe: “Not unless you count the world’s most boring record collection.”

When a limo driver asked him if the model he was looking for was beautiful, Briscoe snapped back, “Right. Not one of those ugly models.”

“My second wife always wanted a walk-in closet. Now I finally got one. Trouble is, I live in it”

“Crazy don’t mean stupid — my ex-wife’s living proof.”

There’s also this classic exchange between Rey Curtis (Benjamin Bratt) and Briscoe on the topic of prostitution:
Rey: “You ever pay for it, Lennie?”
Lennie: “I was married, wasn't I?”

when commenting on a decapitated victim, Briscoe chimed in with, “Hope his parents weren't getting him any hats for Christmas.”

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 12/29/04 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was surprised to hear that. I've always took an interest in him, since I found out that we share the same birth dates.

R.I.P

pilight

PostPosted: 12/30/04 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
NO!

Orbach was a terrific song and dance man, performing an incredible rendition of "Try to Remember" from "The Fantasticks."

Oh, and then there was Lumiere in "Beauty and the Beast."

Nytimes.com has some audio clips from the Fantasticks, including a bit of Orbach doing "Try to Remember":

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/arts/20020109fantastick-audio.html

PostPosted: 12/30/04 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't checked it out; but worth listening if Try to Remember is there. Beautiful version!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: