RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coaching Liberty

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/29/04 8:59 pm    ::: Coaching Liberty Reply Reply with quote

Reading the Dawn Staley thread, it is apparent that the Liberty fans are not satisfied with Pat Coyle as coach (not that I blame them...I didn't think she was a great choice either, but until Dolan dumps Blaze...)

How about a new name for coach of the Liberty? DEBBIE BLACK.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:13 pm    ::: Re: Coaching Liberty Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Reading the Dawn Staley thread, it is apparent that the Liberty fans are not satisfied with Pat Coyle as coach (not that I blame them...I didn't think she was a great choice either, but until Dolan dumps Blaze...)

Is this a joke?
Because unlike most of your jokes, I don't find this one funny...

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:15 pm    ::: Re: Coaching Liberty Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

You don't really think that's going to happen with the history between the Libs (or should I say T-Spoon) and Debbie?
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Because unlike most of your jokes, I don't find this one funny...

First, I am glad you find most of my jokes funny!

Second, I think Debbie would be a terrific coach. Watching her mentor and "coach" Whalen last season, you could see her sideline potential.

Yes, she has a history with New York. So did Cynthia Cooper and Phoenix. But we put aside Cynthia the player to make way for Cynthia the coach (which didn't work out, but that was not due to the fans...it was due to Cynthia's style).

I can certainly buy the argument that she might be better off an assistant coach somewhere first (anywhere, not necessarily New York). Having met her and interviewed her, plus having watched her play in the W, I can honestly say she has a great basketball IQ.

I would take her as an assistant coach in Phoenix! If we cannot get Timmsy, I would take Debbie Black in a heartbeat!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you all could have seen Debbie on the sidelines last year the way I did, right in front of me, 6 rows up, you would see how amazing a coach she is going to be.

She handled not only Lindsay, but Jen D. and the other youngesters with just the right TLC, and got on Keesh and KT as needed with just the right amount of oommph. Even Taj was often stopped as she came on or off the court and given suggestions/comments.

She will be an amazing coach. It would be a shame though if she doesn't take it to the college level where she can really teach and help mold kids.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, good luck to her wherever she decides to coach. Don't want her in NY.

PostPosted: 12/29/04 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Ok, good luck to her wherever she decides to coach. Don't want her in NY.

Well said! Laughing

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 12/29/04 10:10 pm    ::: Re: Coaching Liberty Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
You don't really think that's going to happen with the history between the Libs (or should I say T-Spoon) and Debbie?

Considering the history with Spoon and Blaze what does that matter? Compared to Blaze, Debbie is open bar at a Manhattan nightclub with a handful of singles. Whereas Spoon would probably drive right past Blaze's stalled Benz stuck in the left lane of the Westside Highway in the pouring rain during rush hour.

I think there will be plenty of good players retiring in the coming years that will make great coaches. IMO there will be too many to pinpoint one by looking through a crystal ball right now. As for Debbie Black coaching the Libs, absolutely not. She might be great and wonderful and whatever else, but no. I'm sorry, it just isn't going to happen. Because if she's as good as is being advertised in this thread, why would Blaze hire her? I might be in the minority, but I don't think she'd succeed in NY anyway. Plus, quiet as is kept, I don't think Blaze is fond of Debbie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: