RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2007 WNBA MOCK DRAFT (AFTER ELITE EIGHT) 3/27/2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/28/07 6:48 pm    ::: 2007 WNBA MOCK DRAFT (AFTER ELITE EIGHT) 3/27/2007 Reply Reply with quote

1. Phoenix, J. DAVENPORT,C, OHIO STATE
2. San Antonio, L. HARDING, PG, DUKE
3. Chicago, A. BALES, C, DUKE
4. Minnesota, I. LATTA, PG, NORTH CAROLINA
5. New York, T. JACKSON, ,PF/C, TEXAS
6. Washington, N. QUINN, G/F, UCLA
7. Seattle, A. PRICE, G, MISSISSIPPI
8. Houston, C. GIVENS, PG, MTSU
9. Indiana, B. MOSBY, F, BAYLOR
10. Chicago, C. LITTLE, G/F, NORTH CAROLINA
11. Detroit, K. GERALDS, G/F, IOWA STATE
12. Connecticut C. THOMAS, PF/C, VANDERBILT
13. Connecticut, L. MEDDERS, PG, IOWA ST.

SECOND ROUND
14. Houston, E. MURPHY, G/F, USC
15. Minnesota, K. HAIRSTON, F, TEMPLE
16. New York, J. DICKSON, F, USF
17. San Antonio, B. SMITH, PF/C, STANFORD
18. Phoenix, K. NEWLIN, PF/C, STANFORD
19. Washington, G. GORING, C, NC STATE
20. Chicago, D. DAVIS, PG, VANDERBILT
21. Sacramento, M. ALEXIS, PF,C, JAMES MADISON
22. Indiana, K. HARDY, PG, NEBRASKA
23. Minnesota (FROM SAC), S. SPENCER, G/F, TENNESSEE
24. Minnesota, A. BROWN, C, PENN STATE
25. Los Angeles, C. CHAMBERS, G, GEORGIA
26. Connecticut, N. DIAWARA, C, VIRGINIA TECH

THIRD ROUND
27. Chicago, A. KEY, G, NC STATE
28. Phoenix, E. RIDDLE, PF, MISSOURI
29. New York, S. DORON, G, MARYLAND
30. San Antonio, L. RUSH, G/F, OKLAHOMA
31. Phoenix, J. ROBBINS, PF, TULSA
32. Washington, E. LAWLESS, PF, PURDUE
33. Seattle, R. TAYLOR, PG, MIAMI
34. Houston, K. RESS, C, BOSTON COLLEGE
35. Indiana, B. HOSKINS, G/F, OHIO STATE
37. Phoenix, Z. QUAYE, PF, MARQUETTE
38. Los Angeles, J. COVINGTON, PF, LOUISVILLE
39. Connecticut, A. AWKWARD, PG, MISSISSIPPI

ajdawg7

PostPosted: 03/28/07 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm fans everywhere say the Price is Right! Finally, someone known for her defense who can actually play it. Bye-bye Tanisha. Can't say we'll miss ya.

John Wooden
FS02

PostPosted: 03/28/07 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ajdawg7 wrote:
Storm fans everywhere say the Price is Right! Finally, someone known for her defense who can actually play it. Bye-bye Tanisha. Can't say we'll miss ya.

But the fans aren't picking, AD is. *cue ominous music*

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/28/07 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Liberty would select Price or Quinn with the 5th pick, they can select a Post player in the second round imo.. They have a few guards already, but one of them can be traded.

PostPosted: 03/29/07 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Awkward as the final pick. I think she can be a good bench PG for a team, especially with the apparent lack thereof throughout the league. She reminds me of a Jamie Carey type success story. She could come in and take Carey's spot??? I'm kidding, but it would be pretty hottt to see 2 Mississippi players get drafted.

PostPosted: 03/29/07 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Armintie Price isn't named by Roger Griffith but it sure sounds like what she can bring to a team is who the Lynx are looking for with the #4 Pick.

What are the Lynx's needs?

"We've talked about improving athletically," Griffith said, "getting quicker people, getting a ballhawk type of player with a nose for rebounds and loose balls."

http://www.startribune.com/1296/story/1086310.html

colehearted

PostPosted: 03/29/07 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Houston wil NOT take Givens over Medders, Little or Gearlds! At least I hope like hell not! Evil or Very Mad Please don't do that Karleen.

A happy heart makes the face cheerful.
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/29/07 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I don't think NY will pick whoever J. Dickson is in the second round IF both Brooke Smith & Sidney Spencer are still available!!

colehearted wrote:
Houston wil NOT take Givens over Medders, Little or Gearlds! At least I hope like hell not! Evil or Very Mad Please don't do that Karleen.

PostPosted: 03/29/07 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very Happy and I don't want/know E. Murphy for the Comets #14 pick.

Looks like lots of dissenters on this one. Wink

I'm not going to argue too much with Medders, Price (I also think she might go #4 or #5 now), Gearlds, Givens, Dixon or Smith with #8. Very Happy Then there is Mosby, Little. Shocked

I just hope we keep our picks. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by CB on 03/29/07 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Newlin before Goring???

colehearted

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't see much of Givens nor Dixon during the regular season. I know what I saw in Medders and Gearlds. I'm not doing the drafting, I just a fan with an opinion. Laughing

and I don't want/know E. Murphy for the Comets #14 pick.

Neither do I if Hairston and B. Smith are on the board.

A happy heart makes the face cheerful.

Last edited by colehearted on 03/29/07 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
No 1 Throwdown

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Geralds to DET but Is there a PF who is a quality shooter with range at #11

and Doron to NY hehe

Red Panda 4 life
toad455

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can actually see the Lynx taking Price. I don't see why Price would get picked by the Storm though. Their top needs are a PG & SF. Price is a SG. I see the Storm drafting Little.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Price is a SG who can actually be converted into a PG (unlike some of these "pretenders" in the draft).

Mathies to LA 2013
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Went with Newlin over Goring mainly do Goring's history of not being conditioned and Newlin's intensity, better shooting and passing ability and her attitude.

Newlin may never become a starter but she will bang, work hard, and always give 100%. Goring has size but needs to change and it's usually very rare to see a player do change. She may and if so she would be the better pick.

The other edge if give to Newlin, and you may disagree with me, is education. Newlin has always worked hard and graduated from Stanford. Goring didn't work hard at education and had to go to junior college paralleling her basketball career endeavors.

Basically, it's a risk/reward decision.

Also, IMO, the pro game is changing to a faster and more athletic game similar to Paul-Ball. I believe faster, more athletic and better conditioned players will be more the trend than the big, heavy, lumbering Centers.

I'm not saying that I'm right: it's just an opinion.

CB

PostPosted: 03/29/07 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

colehearted wrote:
I didn't see much of Givens nor Dixon during the regular season. I know what I saw in Medders and Gearlds. I'm not doing the drafting, I just a fan with an opinion. Laughing

and I don't want/know E. Murphy for the Comets #14 pick.

Neither do I if Hairston and B. Smith are on the board.

Me too but of course we are right. Wink

I misspelled a name - it's Jessica Dickson, not Dixon, sorry.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Goring didn't work hard at education and had to go to junior college paralleling her basketball career endeavors.

The idea that people only go to junior college because they don't work hard is appalling.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comments on the comments:

1. Givens would be a nice pick at 8 Comets fans. Don't stress if she goes there. Talented player.

2. Newlin? Like the Sun taking Merrill from Ohio State last year, I'll be surprised if she makes a roster at all, never mind ahead of Goring. Not that she doesn't have talent, but she strikes me as the proverbial "nice college player".

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

1. Givens would be a nice pick at 8 Comets fans. Don't stress if she goes there. Talented player.

I disagree. If they wind up with Givens AND Murphy, then they haven't addressed their needs at all. After what Kresge revealed about Givens and Givens-like players, I don't think it's wise to take her in the single digits.

Mathies to LA 2013
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Went with Newlin over Goring mainly do Goring's history of not being conditioned and Newlin's intensity, better shooting and passing ability and her attitude.

Newlin may never become a starter but she will bang, work hard, and always give 100%. Goring has size but needs to change and it's usually very rare to see a player do change. She may and if so she would be the better pick.

The other edge if give to Newlin, and you may disagree with me, is education. Newlin has always worked hard and graduated from Stanford. Goring didn't work hard at education and had to go to junior college paralleling her basketball career endeavors.

Basically, it's a risk/reward decision.

Also, IMO, the pro game is changing to a faster and more athletic game similar to Paul-Ball. I believe faster, more athletic and better conditioned players will be more the trend than the big, heavy, lumbering Centers.

I'm not saying that I'm right: it's just an opinion.

Wonder why you have Goring going to the Mystics in the 2nd round. Taking a look at the Mystics roster it seems they have enough Centers (Melvin, Sanford, McKiver-Miller, Teilane & Sy) not to select Goring.

http://www.wnba.com/mystics/roster/

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I disagree. If they wind up with Givens AND Murphy, then they haven't addressed their needs at all. After what Kresge revealed about Givens and Givens-like players, I don't think it's wise to take her in the single digits.

I wasn't addressing the entire draft and the inclusion of Murphy; I probably should have. I was referring to Givens the player alone.

But I should also again point out I am very much a "draft the best player out there regardless of if it fills the need, unless someone else that does fill that need is damn close" type drafter.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I wasn't addressing the entire draft and the inclusion of Murphy; I probably should have. I was referring to Givens the player alone.

Gotcha. Wink

Quote:
But I should also again point out I am very much a "draft the best player out there regardless of if it fills the need, unless someone else that does fill that need is damn close" type drafter.

I'm usually like that as well, but this isn't one of those drafts. You have to draft based on need because there aren't many (if any) franchaise-changing players.

Mathies to LA 2013
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As for HOUSTON:

IMO, the best player available to Houston at #8 is Mosby, but with their current situation at PG and barring a trade, they almost have to make a move. If they take Mosby @8, I don't think Medders or Givens will be around for #14 and I don't see picking another PG @14 over Murphy.

Houston is really in a bind........they can't afford to trade one of their good players for a seasoned PG or give up their #1 pick in 2008 because they have a good chance of a lottery pick.

I would think Trader Bill, Phoenix, Chicago, and Minnesota all have their eyes on Houston for the right deal.......

As for MINNESOTA:

I'd love to see them select Quinn or Price at #4 but if Latta is available I can't see them passing on her given their PG situation.

As for NY:

I'd love to see Quinn or Price in NY but a PF who can play center and defend 1-5 like Jackson doesn't come around very often and NY needs a big.

Not saying I'm right, just an opinion........

bandanaman1998

PostPosted: 03/29/07 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Goring didn't work hard at education and had to go to junior college paralleling her basketball career endeavors.

The idea that people only go to junior college because they don't work hard is appalling.

But, wasn't she in Junior College for 3 years??? (2002-03 through 2004-05)

But I think the main reason she'll get picked later-rather-than-sooner is physical conditioning. She is something of a project at this point.

bandanaman1998

PostPosted: 03/29/07 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
As for MINNESOTA:

I'd love to see them select Quinn or Price at #4 but if Latta is available I can't see them passing on her given their PG situation.

As for NY:

I'd love to see Quinn or Price in NY but a PF who can play center and defend 1-5 like Jackson doesn't come around very often and NY needs a big.

Not saying I'm right, just an opinion........

Yep, Minnesota has always desperately needed a point guard, except for the one year they had Teresa Edwards.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: