RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

can there be a limit...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 06/10/05 6:13 am    ::: can there be a limit... Reply Reply with quote

...on the number of topics one person can start in any given 24 hour period?or maybe the number of posts someone can make? am i the only one feeling a little overwhelmed?

PostPosted: 06/10/05 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no, you're not the only one.

in fewer than 10 days, ranking 47th in posts among 379 registered users.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should we also limit what topics people can post on? Maybe limit the length of posts to 1000 characters? Maybe some people should have higher limits than others, since obviously their opinions have more value.

Having more active posters is a good thing. 379 registered users is nice, but most of them have fewer than 10 posts. I think putting an arbitrary limit on numbers of posts is a bad thing. It's not like someone is spamming the board with one sentence drivel or something like that.

Let the people post!

That's my opinion, what's yours?

PostPosted: 06/10/05 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i was being somewhat sarcastic. i'm not in favor of censoring anyone, i just wish that certain people had the good sense of deploying a little netiquette. sticking with the cocktail lounge metaphor, no one likes the raucous drunk who perpetually dominates conversation.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm with herrade. i don't want to censor anybody, but a little bit of board etiquette would go a long way.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
i'm with herrade. i don't want to censor anybody, but a little bit of board etiquette would go a long way.

Thread seems remarkably like the behavior we have been accused of on other boards.

inky

PostPosted: 06/10/05 12:06 pm    ::: Re: can there be a limit... Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
...on the number of topics one person can start in any given 24 hour period?or maybe the number of posts someone can make? am i the only one feeling a little overwhelmed?

Is there anyone else who sees a remarkably familiar pattern here? Or, more accurately, several familiar, bird-like patterns?

I have every faith that it won't go on for long. The occasional little steam eruptions are just little vents - there'll be a pyroclastic blast soon, I'm predicting.

I suppose then we'll just have to wait for a new IP and the next iteration.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 06/10/05 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Should we also limit what topics people can post on? Maybe limit the length of posts to 1000 characters? Maybe some people should have higher limits than others, since obviously their opinions have more value.

Having more active posters is a good thing. 379 registered users is nice, but most of them have fewer than 10 posts. I think putting an arbitrary limit on numbers of posts is a bad thing. It's not like someone is spamming the board with one sentence drivel or something like that.

Let the people post!

That's my opinion, what's yours?

I'm with you, pilight. The place is like any other online media information outlet. The bigger it is and more varied the content, the more different types of people will be able to find a place where they might fit in.

And in this specific case, we need to cut this person a break. I see a true sports fan with a long history of being a WNBA supporter.

Here's something he posted in babe's thread.

babe,

I have some storm schedules from 2002(w/Lauren Jackson on the front) and my cousin in Seattle has the new storm schedules from this season that has the championship trophy on the front and she also has some extra storm magnetic 2005 schedules from the home opener against the Sparks last month if your interested.

She has some schedules from the Monarchs-not sure what years though-can shoot her an e-mail and find out for you.

WOW-a Kim Perrot signed rookie card? From the 1997 Pinnacle set??

How cool! I need that card for my set-I have 40+ cards out of that set signed already.

My favorite Womans collectible-My two pair of Game used shoes that Katrina McClain gave me a few years back. One pair was from the 1996 USA Olympic Team and the other pair was from the 1997 season when she played in the ABL with the Atlanta Glory.

The board has already given off an impression that is 360% removed from that which was intended. My opinion is that the off the wall types, if they REALLY are WNBA fans and show just a hint of a bevelolent nature every once in a while, really add something important to the atmosphere.

Maybe this cat, who's been bounced from other boards in the past, has finally found a home and would be the edgar (edgar actually used to be far less offensive, makes you wonder if the last one is really the original although he certainly had me fooled) or the v-prof of this board and maybe I'm selling him short with those comparisons.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 1:32 pm    ::: Re: can there be a limit... Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
herrade wrote:

Is there anyone else who sees a remarkably familiar pattern here? Or, more accurately, several familiar, bird-like patterns?

I have every faith that it won't go on for long. The occasional little steam eruptions are just little vents - there'll be a pyroclastic blast soon, I'm predicting.

I suppose then we'll just have to wait for a new IP and the next iteration.

I'm curious to see what would happen if we firmly applied the notion of just removing obvious trolls and WNBA bashers. As far as this person's less pleasant side, I bet there's more than one person here who could effectively talk him down off the cealing via PM every time. I hope I'm not wrong but I don't think that dude is here looking to get another door slammed in his face.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But I like this thread, herrade. Bibby's right. Y'all like to TALK THINGS OUT. Shocked

PostPosted: 06/10/05 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammer, we know why you would rail against a word limit.

and yeah, to answer a question farther up, i picked up on some similarities.

PostPosted: 06/10/05 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
jammer, we know why you would rail against a word limit.

and yeah, to answer a question farther up, i picked up on some similarities.

don't hurt yourselves playing detective and have no doubts. now maybe you can save all that deductive energy for picking better RVGM lineups. Razz

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: