RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rams host Huskies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 12/23/04 1:30 pm    ::: Rams host Huskies Reply Reply with quote

UConn hasn't lost back-to-back games since the 1992-93 season.

Rams' point guard Vanessa Espinoza is a player. Post Lindsey Thomas is capable. Could be a decent game.

http://www.csurams.com/article.aspx?articleID=6915&sportid=4

I'm going to make the long, harrowing journey to see my beloved Huskies. (Now this is dedication).

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/23/04 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WAY too close for comfort; 34-30 with 16 to go. UConn has got to find a way to move the ball other than on the perimeter. No interior movement or passing at all.

Becky's not a bad commentator, but them big Ol' Rams orns on the court have got to go!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/23/04 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They won but look at the competition.

A win is a win this year though!

Awaiting for PC's in-person report.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 12/24/04 2:18 am    ::: The game report Reply Reply with quote

This certainly isn't the UConn I've seen in March the past few years. I would not call them a great team. Not sure I would even call them a very good team. So this isn't too subjective, I've seen LSU - they are a great team. I've seen Maryland - they are a very good team.

UConn at this point in time is a good team, obviously capable of becoming a very good team - maybe more

A handfl of UConn fans from the Top 25 board talk about Strother being overrated - Puleeze.
They are so damn lucky to have her. Sure, she ain't DT, but who is?

I loved Geno rewarding Marron - heck she did her job and I'm sure she works hard in practice. I'm sure it was as much a message to someone else, but nothing wrong with that move and the sky didn't fall.

I think CSU is close to being a good team -but they weren't tonight. They had a ton of open lokks -especially in the first half and bricked and aired everything from the perimeter.

If they had a hot night shooting instead of a very cold night -and Strother isn't on - this game is a toss up.

The thing that really struck me - beside the obvious absence of DT - was they simply don't have the ball movement of the past. Of course, as soon as I thought this Strother hits a cutting Moore for a wide-open lay-up. But I'm used to seeing that a lot - not once or twice.

Obviously - Turner and Moore are players. Can't say anyone else really caught my attention. I thought Battle's three-pointer was the turning point in the game.

I was disappointed I didn't get to see more of Charde Houston. She only logged 3 minutes.

BTW, Moby Arena is a fabulous venue. Props to CSU and Ft. Collins for filling all but a few seats

Congrats to the Huskies on a nice win.

Gaucho Don

PostPosted: 12/24/04 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
They won but look at the competition.
A win is a win this year though!
Awaiting for PC's in-person report.

They won better than I would have expected (actually boosted them up into the top 25 on my computer ranking Smile )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: