RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

College softball world series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boldenfan

PostPosted: 06/06/05 1:14 pm    ::: College softball world series Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone been wathcing this? How about DePaul comin in unranked and having a decent showing. Michigan is battling Tennessee right now, for elimination game. Michigan is up 1-0 bottom of the 4th. Winner plays UCLA tonight at 6:30ct. I gotta stay with the Big Ten, go Michigan.

sbjules

PostPosted: 06/06/05 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched over the weekend, but I'm at work today.

Go UCLA!!

Kelli

PostPosted: 06/06/05 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
I watched over the weekend, but I'm at work today.

Go UCLA!!

I've been watching. GO MICHIGAN!

Gonna have to tape tonight's game, I'm getting ready to go to my niece's little league game.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 06/06/05 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched that 11-inning scoreless until the end marathon last night between Tennessee and Michigan. What a game.

Even though the Lady Vols lost today, it's still cool, because in 18 innings of softball, they outscored the #1 team in the land 4-3. That's not bad when you're #11 in the country and in the WCWS for the first time ever.

I'll take UCLA in the best-of-3, just because they're much more rested than Michigan is. We shall see, I guess.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/06/05 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
I watched that 11-inning scoreless until the end marathon last night between Tennessee and Michigan. What a game.

Even though the Lady Vols lost today, it's still cool, because in 18 innings of softball, they outscored the #1 team in the land 4-3. That's not bad when you're #11 in the country and in the WCWS for the first time ever.

I'll take UCLA in the best-of-3, just because they're much more rested than Michigan is. We shall see, I guess.

I'm beginning to think rest is overrated in softball Laughing

jimmyk

PostPosted: 06/06/05 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know, circumstances are different, but you'll never see a MLB pitcher throw 380 pitches in 24 hours. Ain't gonna happen. I'm definitely impressed with Abbott and Ritter from the game earlier today and the ones yesterday. 380 pitches..that's just plain crazy.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/06/05 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
I know, circumstances are different, but you'll never see a MLB pitcher throw 380 pitches in 24 hours. Ain't gonna happen. I'm definitely impressed with Abbott and Ritter from the game earlier today and the ones yesterday. 380 pitches..that's just plain crazy.

I didn't get a chance to see the game earlier today, I guess it was a slow day for Abbott huh? she had 280+ yesterday. Hell, they would never get me out of bed after that many pitches, let alone roll out and throw another hundred. Smile

jimmyk

PostPosted: 06/06/05 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jennie Ritter from Michigan spent most of her break between today's games being doused in ice to keep something about her muscles okay so she could pitch tonight. As in, her entire body iced down. Wow.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/06/05 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Jennie Ritter from Michigan spent most of her break between today's games being doused in ice to keep something about her muscles okay so she could pitch tonight. As in, her entire body iced down. Wow.

Abbott, must be a freak of nature, she's like the energizer bunny, just keeps going and going and going .... of course, having the #1 defense behind you, probably helps too

Here I am talking like I know this stuff, Friday night was the first time I ever watched a complete women's softball game in my life. Smile

sbjules

PostPosted: 06/07/05 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Abbott, must be a freak of nature, she's like the energizer bunny, just keeps going and going and going .... of course, having the #1 defense behind you, probably helps too

Here I am talking like I know this stuff, Friday night was the first time I ever watched a complete women's softball game in my life.

LOL, Reb. It's fun to watch though, isn't it. All pitchers in fast pitch are expected to be energizer bunnies. Selden( do you suppose her parents thought she'd be known as Jelly when they named her Anjelica?) for UCLA has pitched every inning & UCLA beat Texas because TX started someone else besides Cat & UCLA jumped all over her in the first inning. I really like Abbott.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/07/05 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
Quote:

Here I am talking like I know this stuff, Friday night was the first time I ever watched a complete women's softball game in my life.

LOL, Reb. It's fun to watch though, isn't it. All pitchers in fast pitch are expected to be energizer bunnies. Selden( do you suppose her parents thought she'd be known as Jelly when they named her Anjelica?) for UCLA has pitched every inning & UCLA beat Texas because TX started someone else besides Cat & UCLA jumped all over her in the first inning. I really like Abbott.

Oh yeah, it's a blast, but of course, you need some reason to draw your interest, and since Tennessee was in, I had to watch, and then of course, I had to scope out all the competition, and well you know how that works out. LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: