RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

GO GRANNY GO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigsportzbabe

PostPosted: 06/07/05 3:51 pm    ::: GO GRANNY GO Reply Reply with quote

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) - She's 91 and uses a hearing aid and eyeglasses, but Katherine Woodworth wasn't about to let somebody steal her purse.

Woodworth clobbered the would-be thief with her bag until he ran away, police said.

"I didn't have my hearing aid in, and I thought he said that he was going to take my pulse," Woodworth said. "Then he said it again, that he was going to take my purse, and I said, 'No, you're not.'"

She fought off the man in a department store parking lot Saturday afternoon, authorities said.

Police arrested a 20-year-old suspect and charged him with robbery, felony theft, assault, aggravated menacing, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Sgt. Tim Hanus said women of Woodworth's age shouldn't try to fight attackers. Woodworth said she didn't think her age was much of a factor.

"I'll be 92 in August and I guess I've got more nerve now than when I was younger," she said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: