RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Thoughts on Florida/Coach Peck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballwinner

PostPosted: 05/31/05 7:35 pm    ::: Thoughts on Florida/Coach Peck? Reply Reply with quote

What are your thoughts on Coach Peck and her Florida program?

PostPosted: 06/01/05 10:20 am    ::: Re: Thoughts on Florida/Coach Peck? Reply Reply with quote

I have lots of thoughts on Coach Peck, but let me just say, I think she is a great example of a coach who got lucky one year and has bee able to milk it for all it is worth. In White and Figgs at Purdue she had what might be the best backcourt in WCBB history. They would have made lots of coach's look good. She didn't recruit at Purdue, she had a losing record at Orlando and hasn't come close to impressing at Florida. I don't think she will ever coach at top flight team again.

Ballwinner wrote:
What are your thoughts on Coach Peck and her Florida program?

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 06/01/05 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Using the standard question*: Would you let your daughter play at Florida?

*Yes, this question is horribly flawed on many levels. For example, my life and women's basketball as a whole would have been much different if Dennis & RuthAnn Lobo had their way in the early '90s.

PostPosted: 06/03/05 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
Using the standard question*: Would you let your daughter play at Florida?

There are many factors beyond the basketball coach in that kind of decision. What does my daughter want to major in? What other schools does she have offers from? Realistically, what are her WNBA prospects?

If my daughter really wanted to go there, I wouldn't prevent her from it. I'd rather have her there than Penn State regardless of the bball success.

I'm with Matty on Peck. She's a latter-day Linda Sharp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: