RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pic of Dixon, Frohlich and VJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 12/13/04 2:03 am    ::: Pic of Dixon, Frohlich and VJ Reply Reply with quote

http://www.roveretobasket.it/Admin/foto/foto_h/imgGFqjrK

herrade

PostPosted: 12/13/04 9:32 pm    ::: Re: Pic of Dixon, Frohlich and VJ Reply Reply with quote

worst... uniforms... ever...

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 12/15/04 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yuck those uniforms are terrible.

VJ's never going to get healthy playing 13 months a year at this point in her career. I know the economic realities exist but she should have sat out for a while when she had a chance earlier this year with the Liberty instead of trying to play hero. If you couple that with her playing schedule, refusing to disclose injury to the already horrible Lisa White may have cost her a future with the Libs and decreased her market value. There's no need to screw yourself when Blaze will find a way to do it for you.
herrade

PostPosted: 12/15/04 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
If you couple that with her playing schedule, refusing to disclose injury to the already horrible Lisa White...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Lisa White is incompetent.

My first instinct is also to criticize VJ for playing the hero. But given the way Blaze handled the Tari situation, VJ may have feared that she would be put out to pasture too. You have to think long and hard about the culture of an organization that discourages players from disclosing injuries.

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 12/16/04 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tari and VJ are completely different in Blaze's mind. Tari is the rebel who needed to be put in her place. VJ's got a 50/50 chance of not being around next year anyway so her efforts to stay on Blaze's good side may end up being for nothing. Tari wasn't about to pucker up for anybody and as a result became a card carrying member of the coalition while VJ is hoping Blaze finds a heart under the tree.

As for our other "captain" Becky, she better pray Blaze keeps her job a few more years. There aren't too many other people out there that would start her at the point permanently and look for bigger guards to "help Becky". It would be the other way around, as it should be. Becky'd be the one doing the helping.

Dex predicts the Libs have created a little monster that they may find it tough to get rid of one day. Becky's attitude went from "I'll play any position just to get minutes" to "I'll play the point in a pinch but I'm not the point guard" to "I'm learning the position" to "I am the point guard and the face of this team and I'm going to get mine". Scoring point guards are great when they can actually run the point, not when they're 5'6, trigger happy, and play defense on occasion.

Someone told Becky she was Mike Bibby, just like Blaze woke up last January and thought she was Zeke. Bringing in Ticha P., moving Crys to the 2, putting Shameka at the 3 and bringing Becky's offense off the bench sounds great, but guess who isn't having it? Blaze and Frankenstein Becky. Since Crystal is the only one of our unecessary tri captains that has her head screwed on tight and hasn't sold out yet, get ready for a long season.

I've been saying for a while that Lisa White needs to go. Players sit next to her and the next day they're injured. There are other people on the Libs staff that are more deserving of the lead trainer position.

As for the culture of the organization, I hear you, but that culture is just the attitude of one person. If they got rid of her and brought in better people with beating hearts in their chests (instead of an image tracker or a dollar sign) who could run the team/business while caring about the players and the fans, the whole place would smell like roses again. I don't know what happened to Blaze. She's always been incompetent, but she was once a likeable person. I guess she sold her soul to the devil along the way, my guess is around 2001 and into 2002 and the more time goes on and the more I hear about her, the more I think maybe MVan Gorp was right about her.
Keegan

PostPosted: 12/16/04 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if VJ is out, where would she go?

I would love to have her on Phoenix or Seattle because of her D but she would have to take a paycut (she's not worth what she's been getting).
Lior

PostPosted: 12/17/04 4:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hi everybody, I finally decided to join. Just one question be4 I begin, f_blaze, what was your sn on the ESPN board?

Now, I suggest you all get off VJ's back now... You don't know how she's feeling right now, you don't know if she's hurting. She did take a few months off after the Libs kicked, she just might be ok. I am getting a tape of one of her games on Monday and will report back.

Now for all the Crob fans, you might be interested to know that she is having quite a dissapointing season here in Israel http://www.safsal.co.il/player1855.aspx (player file link). Her shot is just off, and here people don't value defense unless you can also bring it offensively. Shameka is doing pretty great, and she's playing the 4. I want to see her starting in NY next season, but I'm not sure who to bench. I wonder if VJ is playing the point in Italy, I guess I'll find out.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/17/04 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome aboard GoLib. I heard my girl L'Coe is playing well. Yes?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 12/17/04 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm agreeing with Dex here!!! I still VJ brings something to the table but something is amiss and this season it was very notable. I don't know if it was exclusively her injury or if there was something else behind her 'disappearance', but I wouldn't like to see her go just yet. As for C-Rob, I'm a fan...I was prolly the ONLY person that didn't want her traded and I'm glad for that. She never stepped up as she did this season. I'm very, VERY pleased with the effort that C-Rob displayed.

As for Becky...the Libs HAVE created a monster. Her head alone walks in to a room 10 minutes before she does. Don't get me wrong, I think she's capable of great things, just not a starting PG on this team. Her offense is VERY valuable but her defense is lacking, laterally she's slow too. Her minutes would be more productive coming from the bench. I'm all for starting Baby Christon but not right away...she's that good (or will be).

Don't get me started on Tari-gate...c'mon. A BLIND person could see that one coming. I certainly hope someone whacks Blaze over the head and keep Tari in the fold. I know, intellectually, that it's about 90% that she WON'T be in NY, but it would be a VERY bad mood. Hey Dex, have you heard anything about MAYBE Summer Erb coming to the Libs?? Her 'chumminess' with Bethany's entourage (aka, agents) raised a few eyebrows....

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
Tari and VJ are completely different in Blaze's mind. Tari is the rebel who needed to be put in her place. VJ's got a 50/50 chance of not being around next year anyway so her efforts to stay on Blaze's good side may end up being for nothing. Tari wasn't about to pucker up for anybody and as a result became a card carrying member of the coalition while VJ is hoping Blaze finds a heart under the tree.

As for our other "captain" Becky, she better pray Blaze keeps her job a few more years. There aren't too many other people out there that would start her at the point permanently and look for bigger guards to "help Becky". It would be the other way around, as it should be. Becky'd be the one doing the helping.

Dex predicts the Libs have created a little monster that they may find it tough to get rid of one day. Becky's attitude went from "I'll play any position just to get minutes" to "I'll play the point in a pinch but I'm not the point guard" to "I'm learning the position" to "I am the point guard and the face of this team and I'm going to get mine". Scoring point guards are great when they can actually run the point, not when they're 5'6, trigger happy, and play defense on occasion.

Someone told Becky she was Mike Bibby, just like Blaze woke up last January and thought she was Zeke. Bringing in Ticha P., moving Crys to the 2, putting Shameka at the 3 and bringing Becky's offense off the bench sounds great, but guess who isn't having it? Blaze and Frankenstein Becky. Since Crystal is the only one of our unecessary tri captains that has her head screwed on tight and hasn't sold out yet, get ready for a long season.

I've been saying for a while that Lisa White needs to go. Players sit next to her and the next day they're injured. There are other people on the Libs staff that are more deserving of the lead trainer position.

As for the culture of the organization, I hear you, but that culture is just the attitude of one person. If they got rid of her and brought in better people with beating hearts in their chests (instead of an image tracker or a dollar sign) who could run the team/business while caring about the players and the fans, the whole place would smell like roses again. I don't know what happened to Blaze. She's always been incompetent, but she was once a likeable person. I guess she sold her soul to the devil along the way, my guess is around 2001 and into 2002 and the more time goes on and the more I hear about her, the more I think maybe MVan Gorp was right about her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: